0xc0000005 error when trying to launch WoW

So I tried to launch my game today and keep getting this error. I don't know what causes it, I've the AVG exception fix but only thing it gives me is allow the 'starting battle.net launcher' window to open up and it still gives me the same error. I've run all Windows updates that was available, I've added both the WoW folder and the launcher .exe file to AVG exceptions, I've tried temporarily disabling AVG entirely, I've checked for an incorrect registry key (every guide says to change the 1 to a 0, but mine already is a 0 value), I've scanned for viruses without finding any.

Outside of the small Windows updates I did today my most recent 'major' Windows update was 9th November and my game launched fine on the 10th and 11th November.

The error only happens when I try to launch WoW, I can launch steam and games within Steam without issues. I can launch other applications as well.

Does anyone have a fix?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could be a registry-wide issue where it'll need to be repaired, could be faulty RAM, could even be printer or graphics card drivers. It's a very broad issue that takes a few steps to try and isolate.

You can try something like Microsoft's Windows Registry Checker tool and let it scan down for any deep issues
    You can try to reseat your RAM one stick at a time in another RAM bank
    You can try to rollback/reinstall/update your graphics card drivers (I use AMD Cleanup Tool but this works just as well if you're the paranoid type)
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-11-13 at 06:54 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.