Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I dunno Maxwell since pretty badass to me, maraad to, boros and liadrin

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Its sad what Blizzard forgot about them. They was looking like some mix between AC (Light) and EB (Ruthless). Guys who use Light and not afraid of bloodletting if it was needed.
    The greatest danger of a Paladin giving in to violence is to succumb to negative emotions but the Brotherhood kind of denies the issue by discarding human emotions altogether, where the Scarlet Crusade ended up as it did exactly because of their anger and fear going out of control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoyed Maraad in WoD, too bad Blizzard decided to kill him. His death had no impact on story and he could have been used in future expansion(s) as well. He was this strong and inspiring Paladin who had his own 'demons' to conquer and I loved that inner conflict about him. Overcoming his past could make him even more determined to fight Legion. Such shame he died for nothing.

An inner conflict of morals and emotions is pretty much nowhere near to be found in good guys. On the other hand evil is formed as result of this conflict, otherwise it seems unjustified. We need to see good guys struggle and question their own choices, we rarely see them.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I really enjoyed Maraad in WoD, too bad Blizzard decided to kill him. His death had no impact on story and he could have been used in future expansion(s) as well. He was this strong and inspiring Paladin who had his own 'demons' to conquer and I loved that inner conflict about him. Overcoming his past could make him even more determined to fight Legion. Such shame he died for nothing.

An inner conflict of morals and emotions is pretty much nowhere near to be found in good guys. On the other hand evil is formed as result of this conflict, otherwise it seems unjustified. We need to see good guys struggle and question their own choices, we rarely see them.
    Dont you like that bimbo with terrible accent though? Blizz really tried, pinky promise!

7+ Year Old Account
    "Badass" is a very ambigous term tho. I encountered Anduin badass in his comic, for example. Meanwhile other people still have migraine just by think about him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Dont you like that bimbo with terrible accent though? Blizz really tried, pinky promise!
    I am quite neutral about Yrel to be honest.

All her actual actions in game were rather okay, I just hated how weak she felt. They promised us strong woman character and yet, she was constantly 'damsel in doubt' and all her successes looked like happy accidents in the end.

However death of Maraad pissed me off as it basically had no bearing on her development while both characters could easily co-exist and he could actually transcend back into main universe as a solid war leader for Draenei.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    I am from europe and I play monk, what do I want to play?
    Friar Tuck.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Its sad what Blizzard forgot about them. They was looking like some mix between AC (Light) and EB (Ruthless). Guys who use Light and not afraid of bloodletting if it was needed.
    They described themselves as a mix between Scarlet Crusade and Argent Dawn and Korfax threatened to kill Maxwell if the Player tells somebody.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    During 6.2 it reached new heights of horror, ones I wasn't prepared for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    "Badass" is a very ambigous term tho. I encountered Anduin badass in his comic, for example. Meanwhile other people still have migraine just by think about him.
    I would say we have to difference the way we view badass. For example, for me Badass is like...Kaneki Ken from Tokio Ghoul, after he got the white hair. Considering you like Anduin, badass for you is more like Bibleman.

I tend to base my paladins on the Whitecloaks of Wheel of Time. Just very hardcore Burn the Heretic Puritannical types.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Friar Tuck.
    not cool man ...not cool

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Owl View Post
    I would say we have to difference the way we view badass. For example, for me Badass is like...Kaneki Ken from Tokio Ghoul, after he got the white hair. Considering you like Anduin, badass for you is more like Bibleman.
    This is a good example. I've never encountered Kaneki Ken (Yes, i read Tokyo Ghoul) badass in more ways than just. Well. The fact that he beats people up pretty hard when he gets to the next ghoul state.

I encountered Anduin badass in his comic not only (but it was also pretty badass) because of his display of strength (because lets be real. One-shotting a Dreadlord is at least respectable. Even if it was a no-name) but also because he showed determination. He went from "I ain't gonna fight because i want peace" to "I will fight until i achieve peace" that's a respectable ideal and shows maturity as a character. But it's not that i liked it because it was the right thing to do

I can also encounter badass characters that are evil. For example i also encounter Beerus from Dragon Ball pretty badass. Because he shows godly authority. There is a lot of reasons for why you can be classified as a badass. Well. Unless your definition of badass is the 90's old "trigger happy that doesn't follow rules"
    Last edited by JTHMRulez1; 2016-11-14 at 08:45 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    not cool man ...not cool
    I dunno, that guy was the original brewmaster :P

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by T-Owl View Post
    I just looked this Kaneki Ken guy up and holy shit that's some textbook emo edgelord right there.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    This is a good example. I've never encountered Kaneki Ken (Yes, i read Tokyo Ghoul) badass in more ways than just. Well. The fact that he beats people up pretty hard when he gets to the next ghoul state.

I encountered Anduin badass in his comic not only (but it was also pretty badass) because of his display of strength (because lets be real. One-shotting a Dreadlord is at least respectable. Even if it was a no-name) but also because he showed determination. He went from "I ain't gonna fight because i want peace" to "I will fight until i achieve peace" that's a respectable ideal and shows maturity as a character. But it's not that i liked it because it was the right thing to do

I can also encounter badass characters that are evil. For example i also encounter Beerus from Dragon Ball pretty badass. Because he shows godly authority. There is a lot of reasons for why you can be classified as a badass. Well. Unless your definition of badass is the 90's old "trigger happy that doesn't follow rules"
    And I think that Anduin is a Pussy as he cried like a bitch when he was supposed to be holding a sword. And he's the kind of Person who would sell his people out any time if he could archive peace. He's not a diplomat, he's the moron everybody could take adventage of. Like hell, when was the last time he changed something to the better? He helped the Horde entering the Vale of eternal Blossoms which ended in the destruction of said vale. He saved Garrosh life, which makes him responsible for the current Legion Invasion. He always does whatever he wants, his little adventure was more important to him than the future of the kingdom of Stormwind, back in MoP.

He's a pussy and the only reason people like him is that he is the good guy.

Good guys generally follow rules and patterns, which makes them predictable and therefore boring. If they absolutely have to do something morally questionable, they'll afterwards either enter into a state of self-induced penance or fully succumb to corruption. They essentially lack pragmatic qualities, which at least to me is a major turn off.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    "From light comes darkness, from darkness comes light", Sargeras will turn into a Lord of Light and come help us against the Void Lords.

To the OP:

To answer your initial question - the thing is actually quite simple: being good means fighting evil, yes? Nobody is evil until they commit an act of evil - that's when the good retaliate and defend. Being a champion of good means you protect against evil.

Being "pro-active good" would mean that you would go killing people before they did anything evil. And since they haven't done anything evil yet, you are killing innocents - therefore you're the evil one.

Then again, there's retribution (and I don't mean paladin spec)...

Quote Originally Posted by epikuros View Post
    "From light comes darkness, from darkness comes light", Sargeras will turn into a Lord of Light and come help us against the Void Lords.
    The whole "Without Void, there is no Light"-Stuff only proofs that whoever writes for Blizzard is a moron. You don't need evil for good to exist or vice versa.