Deleted

Looking for font change addon

For years i have used "clearfont" addon which is not updated since 2007 (but it works anyway, there's just no way to customize anything anymore). I also changed few fonts in "fonts"-folder back in classic (iirc) but of course that folder was also lost on my old hard drive.

Now i would like to forget them and use something more modern. Which would be the "best" font change addon at the moment? There is like millions of different font addons. I don't like basic wow font and that font used in quest text etc. is even worse IMO.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2016-11-12 at 01:37 PM.

My sort-of-updated-for-Legion version of AfterFonts:
    http://pastebin.com/raw/pa49xe3C

This takes care of 99% of fonts. You will off-course have to update paths, sizes, outline and fontflags yourself.

I haven't seen an equivalent replacement since 2012 when AfterFonts was last updated.

In case you dont want to mess up with addons, the process is quite easy without using any.

-You go to the WOW folder and create a directory named "Fonts"

-Find a font that you like (must end by *.ttf)

-Place four (4) copies of the selected font in the folder you just created naming the files as follows:

ARIALN.ttf
    FRIZQT__.ttf (two underscores)
    MORPHEUS.ttf
    skurri.ttf

(They have to look like theese!)

Close game, restart, boom!

That's really only applicable when using a font that happens to work at the same sizes etc. as the fonts you're replacing.

TrueType fonts (the .ttf filetype) are designed to work at all reasonable sizes. That's the whole point of TrueType. If you're taking a non-TrueType font and just throwing it in, of course it won't work.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

I have used OpenType (.otf) fonts too without issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Albertvank View Post
    In case you dont want to mess up with addons, the process is quite easy without using any.
    -You go to the WOW folder and create a directory named "Fonts"
    Yes, thanks, but did you even read my post?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I also changed few fonts in "fonts"-folder back in classic (iirc) but of course that folder was also lost on my old hard drive.
    Anyway, i actually got my old fonts-folder from my previous pc but i'm still testing these addons from the replies. Thanks for the replies everyone.