A quick question about the Battle.net launcher

Hi,

I've got wow installed on the PC, but also would like to install it on the laptop. Is it possible to have the game installing on the laptop while I'm playing wow on the main PC? Can I be logged in twice on the same account? Will this cause any issues?

I will only be playing on one device at a time. Not both. Its going to be a fresh install, not a copy.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you can be logged in simultaneously on two devices.

I would create an alternate bnet account so you can download WoW on the laptop while you play on your desktop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Log onto battle.net on main PC, open wow.

Log onto battle.net on laptop (it will close on main PC, but wow remains open)

Install accordingly.

Notably, you can open wow directly without the battle.net launcher as well. You technically don't need it at all to run wow.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

As far as I know the launcher doesn't care if your logged into multiple areas. But the best way if possible for you is instead of downloading and installing wow on your laptop is to copy your wow folder onto a flash drive and transfer that to your laptop.

Is it req. login before installing through client?
    Just let it install while you sleeping then

Deleted
    B.net launcher settings -> general -> allow multiple instances of battle.net

Quote Originally Posted by -Xerxes- View Post
    Just let it install while you sleeping then
    Also this, it will be very laggy if you are downloading ~40gt on your laptop and try playing in other pc. At least it was for me, but i have semi-crappy internet connection anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2016-11-12 at 05:50 PM.

Thank you all for the replies.