Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

We need an AP catch up mechanism.

Leveled my lock, Artifact research is way behind, will take more than 2 months to reach 25+ level on the weapons, I suppose its affecting a lot of players like me that thought of switching their main characters to something else.

There is one it's called Artifact Knowledge.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Artifact knowledge shorter to research the further behind you are..Seen it as short as a day on some of my alts.

I'm currently leveling my 4th alt through legion and i don't mind slow AP at all. Eventually i'll be there. I have no plans to switch main though.

Artifact Knowledge is a trash catchup mechanic. People are too blind to see the time gate is an issue.

A day for the little increases at the start is nothing but a time gate. That's why they are adding the instant buy to level 10 in a patch or two. Even they see it as a problem. There are too many time gates in this xpac for alts to be feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    There is one it's called Artifact Knowledge.
    Still its gonna need 2 months to even remotely get to 25+

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    So? It doesn't take very long to get all the important traits which is what's important.

Sure if you're terrible. 25ishdays will get you to AK 10. Therefore, 26 days (Assuming you only start when you hit AK 10) will get you to atleast 22-24.

Save your suramar quests for when you hit AK 10. I did that on my hunter, and it put me from 21-26. You'll be fine dude just wait the 26days for AK 10.

And getting to 21, was just emissary quests+Daily heroics+Full round of AP WQs every 3 days.
    Last edited by Emerald Archer; 2016-11-12 at 06:24 PM.

Deleted
    The timer doesn't drop below 3 days per AK. Which is quite sad.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    So? It doesn't take very long to get all the important traits which is what's important.
    That strongly depends on if your spec's weapon is front loaded or not

Wait what? People will be able to buy AK lvl 10 in upcoming patch? I call BS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmirino View Post
    It's true.

why would that be bad I dont get you? since you'll already have people with maxed weapons or new treats coming in... generally AP has been a bad idea from the start, happy its going next xpac

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't expect instant catch up, though. It's two months or so in to the expansion now.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

So? You got somewhere to be in 2 months?
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Deleted
    Think they announced it on Blizzcon, but it's true. You'll be able to buy the first ten artifact knowledge levels in 7.1.5 I believe, for order resources.

15+ Year Old Account
    How long did it take for your main to get to 25+? An alt shouldn't be faster just because they are an alt. You shouldn't get a large boost just because you decided to re-roll or player another main, or whatever your reason was for an additional character. The AK catch up mechanic is fine as it stands. An alt doesn't mean you don't have to still put in work to get them to a certain level of character power.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    I dont get everyone claiming that it should be super hard for people to catch up just because you had it rough early on, why does it matter for you if we get faster catch up? Waiting 3 days for 1 AK is really really slow

It's called AK, but it's nowhere near fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    As much as I would like to have an easier time on alts, 1, there is already a mechanic with AK research being shorter but also 2, why should it take anyone else less time to level their weapon than it took me on my main from the start of the xpac?

But they did mention buying AK or AP with resources in the future. We will see how they handle it.
    Because if people don't catch up, who is going to keep playing with you when people burn out?

Its pitiful that you don't want people to be on the same level as you just because you want to feel superior for playing longer.

I mean there is already a problem progressing with ilvl, lets make artifact power a problem too.