Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Neotokyo View Post
    Artifact knowledge shorter to research the further behind you are..Seen it as short as a day on some of my alts.
    It's really bugged out though. My brother's first AK was 2,5 days. When he checked it 2,5 days later it said another day. When he checked a day later, another day. And you guessed it, half a day after that. His Paladin was only a week older at max level than his new main, Hunter, but is like 5 AK levels ahead.

GM's response? Useless as usual "it'll fix itself with the next AK level", it didn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    It's really bugged out though. My brother's first AK was 2,5 days. When he checked it 2,5 days later it said another day. When he checked a day later, another day. And you guessed it, half a day after that. His Paladin was only a week older at max level than his new main, Hunter, but is like 5 AK levels ahead.

GM's response? Useless as usual "it'll fix itself with the next AK level", it didn't.
    I got to 110 yesterday and its 3 days for 1 level for me

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derrick View Post
    I dont get everyone claiming that it should be super hard for people to catch up just because you had it rough early on, why does it matter for you if we get faster catch up? Waiting 3 days for 1 AK is really really slow
    It isn't super hard now though. If you play your alt you can still gain a ton of AP in a faster time then it took mains. Because you can benefit from AK earlier then people who started at the beginning of the expansion. If it isn't super hard for a main to gain AP then it can't be super hard for an alt because they alt already has it easier.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

it didn't take my main 2 months to get 25

since alts have faster AK timers, how the hell does it take 2 months?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It isn't super hard now though. If you play your alt you can still gain a ton of AP in a faster time then it took mains. Because you can benefit from AK earlier then people who started at the beginning of the expansion. If it isn't super hard for a main to gain AP then it can't be super hard for an alt because they alt already has it easier.
    You dont think 30 days as it stands right now is slow? I'll be super far behind if I ever want to off spec or anything for nighthold? I don't know why people are negative towards speeding up AK for everyone is it only because it was slow for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kheims View Post
    Because if people don't catch up, who is going to keep playing with you when people burn out?

Its pitiful that you don't want people to be on the same level as you just because you want to feel superior for playing longer.

I mean there is already a problem progressing with ilvl, lets make artifact power a problem too.
    The problem isn't the catch up, the problem is in your mind the fact that you're even 5% behind someone who's been playing hours a day since launch on an alt you hit 110 on 3 months after launch is so maddening. You can't help it even though you've been functionally caught up and the only way to pass them up after that is to just grind AP more. Catching up does not automatically mean immediately equal.

And seriously you're gonna grip about item level? With all the huge amounts of ways you have to increase item level plus warforging? My god man you just wont be satisfied until blizz gives you a bag with 2 legendaries in it, full 880 gear in BiS stats, and enchants just because.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Well, suck it up.
    If you start your character two months after me you damn better well be a little behind.
    You've had two more months to farm gear. That should be enough.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    The problem isn't the catch up, the problem is in your mind the fact that you're even 5% behind someone who's been playing hours a day since launch on an alt you hit 110 on 3 months after launch is so maddening. You can't help it even though you've been functionally caught up and the only way to pass them up after that is to just grind AP more. Catching up does not automatically mean immediately equal.

And seriously you're gonna grip about item level? With all the huge amounts of ways you have to increase item level plus warforging? My god man you just wont be satisfied until blizz gives you a bag with 2 legendaries in it, full 880 gear in BiS stats, and enchants just because.
    I'm not griping about ilvl from warforging and titanforging, those are fine. The problem is the mindset that if you don't overgear content we don't want you in the group.

Way too many 865+ N EN and 870 kara clears. Its a joke. But hey, if you don't see it as a problem, then you must be the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Leveled my lock, Artifact research is way behind, will take more than 2 months to reach 25+ level on the weapons, I suppose its affecting a lot of players like me that thought of switching their main characters to something else.
    On top of this:
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    There is one it's called Artifact Knowledge.
    There is also the fact that patch 7.1.5 (I think?) will allow you to instantly level up Artifact Knowledge straight up to 10 instead of waiting days for each level.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derrick View Post
    You dont think 30 days as it stands right now is slow? I'll be super far behind if I ever want to off spec or anything for nighthold? I don't know why people are negative towards speeding up AK for everyone is it only because it was slow for you?
    No. Why shouldn't you have to work for a month to get AP? Nighthold is more then a month a way so even by your own numbers you have more then enough time to do your main and off spec. Also at some point you are better to work on your off spec because you can quickly get it up to a decent point vs one or two traits for your main spec. Heck do the Suramar questlines and you will get some one-time items that can boost your AP for an off spec weapon.

It has nothing to do with it being slow for me or others. It has everything to do with everyone should still have to put effort into gearing an alt, new character, or re-roll. You shouldn't get something faster just because you've done it before. The AK and AR mechanics are still functioning fine. You don't need a perfect artifact in order to do the content Blizzard released. Look at what content was done while everyone was still leveling artifacts at launch. If you don't use it as a crutch or run with groups that require it as a crutch you'll still be able to see and do the content.

Or just work every day to level your artifact power up. Playing the game shouldn't be a problem right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    You've had two more months to farm gear. That should be enough.
    Which is why you are behind on AP. You can't have it both ways. Either being ahead is fine, or it isn't.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Anyway, didn't they say they're looking into being able to pay for instant AK5/10 a bit further down the road? Would be nice if it came with 7.1.5, in which case it's probably AK5. Or 7.2, in which case it's probably AK10.

I dont get why its bad for people to catch up fast-ish? Isnt it better for more toons in the game so there are more grps to play with and faster queues? I dont get why Blizz doesnt like people playing too much wow

Deleted
    7.2 or was it in 7.1.5 they would make the first 10 ranks buyable for resources ? It will help alot. Planning to level some alts around that time, unless I still got to much stuff / progression to do.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    So? It doesn't take very long to get all the important traits which is what's important.
    That is highly dependent on spec, though. For some specs it takes 25 and even more to get all traits that have a tangible effect on gameplay. Even if the final traits that are likely just adding percentages here or there are cut out, we're still talking 2 months to get all your golden traits unless you nolife the AP grind. Not that I think anyone is even up for that anymore at this point.

There are 2 catch-up mechanics:

(1) Artifact Knowledge
    (2) and the WoW team has already mentioned that naturally over time the amount of AP provided by items will rise by itself so players joining the game mid-way through legion have a chance to catch up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    The thing is, there is a catchup in place, and there will be a better catchup in future. Also, you are correct, I want to feel superior over others for putting more time into my character, what is wrong with that? It is the exact same now, there is plenty of people on say trait 25, and some on 35...thats a huge difference, and it has nothing to do with catchup, its all down to time spent on a character.

You will probably argue everyone should currently be on the same trait also then.

No one is saying I should be at the same AK as you after a week but as it is right now is to slow.

I reached level 110 exactly one month ago (10/12/2016 according to achieve). I work full time each week 44-50 hours. I got AK10 yesterday. I have 25 traits on my hunter in one weapon. Easily have 26th before reset Tuesday. You can catch up enough to swap mains if you put in the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Kheims View Post
    Artifact Knowledge is a trash catchup mechanic. People are too blind to see the time gate is an issue.

A day for the little increases at the start is nothing but a time gate. That's why they are adding the instant buy to level 10 in a patch or two. Even they see it as a problem. There are too many time gates in this xpac for alts to be feasible.
    Alts are fine this expansion, however if you wanted to do cutting edge content like Mythic raiding *NOW* on alt, then you should have leveled your alts in the first 2-3 weeks of the expansion probably. If you just want a alt to have fun, for PVP or for proffs you can still have it at 840+ ilvl with 2 golden traits in around a week and the 3rd golden after around 2 weeks without to much grinding, which is enough to easily farm for professions, do WQ's, Mythic and M+ dungeons and even some raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Neotokyo View Post
    Artifact knowledge shorter to research the further behind you are..Seen it as short as a day on some of my alts.
    I call bs on this, i finished leveling a monk a few days ago and the lowest it goes is 3 days. So the fastest you can get ak10 is a month.

Deleted
    Your alts is no supostu be at same power level as your main.