Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Its still coming. Do not be an impatient kid.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I am sorry. You want to get to something people have worked for months on, okay then.

Would you like a legendary vendor, too?

Honestly, the catch up mechanism is coming, that doesnt mean you get a free boost to raid levels.

I was pointing out being able to skip the wait to 10 is kinda pointless when anyone that needs it now is gonna be past 10 then.

No one is arguing for a free boost, but these artifical wait times arent work. Loggin in every 6 days to pickup items and queue more isnt exactly something that can be considered work, time investment or challenging. It takes a few minutes and you're done. Dont even have to farm mats since you get like 8k from getting to 110. At least drop it to a day or something till you're closer.

Everyone wants everything how THEY want it or think it should be, and they want it RIGHT now. Using the word of the month, time gate. No shit, it's a fucking MMO, things take fucking time. You people anymore are some of the most impatient, self absorbed, entitled bunch of children.

If it is not EXACTLY how you want it to be, in the time you want it to be, you come to forums, and bitch. Then tell everyone else how wrong they are.

The game is fine, and the length of time to complete things is fine. If you had everything you wanted, when you wanted it, most of you would be here complaining there is nothing to do and Blizzard lied about giving us lasting content, because you consumed it all in a week. "I started playing a week ago..wtf Blizzard why don't I have everything already, I am a paying customer, give me what i want, and give it to me right now..this time gating is bullshit!"

FFS people, stop bitching about EVERY FUCKING THING in this game. Noone says you have to play alts...YOU CHOOSE TO DO SO, then expect them to make everything a cake walk because you can't be inconvienced to do things over time. Some of you people will never be happy. Sounds like this type of game is not for you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    There is one it's called Artifact Knowledge.
    AK is for second/third speccs catching up to the main specc. It was nothing to do with the fact, that you start all over again when playing another character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    And actually, being able to equip nearly an entire set of 855 crafted gear on a fresh 110 makes things a bit quicker over all
    Yes assuming you have 322 000 gold and 224 blood of sargeras laying around, and even then there is the timegating mechanics aka AK which will require you to wait atleast a month to get to AK10 unless ofc you intend to play this game 24/7 and farm AP at AK1 day in day out. Now tell me how feasible you think that is for the average WoW player.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Sure if you're terrible. 25ishdays will get you to AK 10. Therefore, 26 days (Assuming you only start when you hit AK 10) will get you to atleast 22-24.

Save your suramar quests for when you hit AK 10. I did that on my hunter, and it put me from 21-26. You'll be fine dude just wait the 26days for AK 10.

And getting to 21, was just emissary quests+Daily heroics+Full round of AP WQs every 3 days.
    Because everyone knows the best way to develop an expansion is to incentivize people to NOT do the content for a month before some arbitrary limit is reached to make it worth it.

Its still coming. Do not be an impatient kid.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I am sorry. You want to get to something people have worked for months on, okay then.

Would you like a legendary vendor, too?

Honestly, the catch up mechanism is coming, that doesnt mean you get a free boost to raid levels.
    Whaaaat?? How the fuk putting work order every few days is a working for progressing artifact? To get legendary I have to be very active (and lucky) and spam mythics, do emisaries, run dungeons etc. To level up AK you have to do NOTHING. Or maybe you talking about doing 1 WQ to get 500 resources? So hard work dude.

If I wanna switch main I can grind dungeons all day long and I will catch up main with ilvl. Hovewer theres no way you gonna catch up main with AK and no matter how much work you will put into it. And thats in my opinion is bad. Im not wanting instant free artifact power, I want have possibility to work towards catching up other people.

Deleted
    Artifact Knowledge is a perfectly fine catch up mechanic. My main character is AK-14 with primary weapon at 32 traits. My Main Alt is AK-13. Finished leveling him 2 weeks after my main and that character still has 4 days per knowledge upgrade instead of 5 on my main, so within the next 2 weeks it should have caught up my main.

From what i understand a newly capped level 110 gets first few AK's at 1/day. then as you start to catch up it goes to 1 every 2 days.

In no expansion have you been able to change main mid raid tier and be ready to raid progress content within 2 weeks. Unless your guild has already cleared it and can boost you. If you want to change main, expect about a month to make the character fully viable in raiding and probably 2 months to be fully caught up with your original main character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Leveled my lock, Artifact research is way behind, will take more than 2 months to reach 25+ level on the weapons, I suppose its affecting a lot of players like me that thought of switching their main characters to something else.
    Interestingly, it was well discussed during beta that players would have a difficult time switching mains. Artifact knowledge is one aspect that helps, but it's really not enough; and there are too many problems with being stuck. If your raid group needs you to change, your main spec is garbage, you're outside of the PvP FotM... They didn't get the balance right. There's a mage in my guild who got a legendary he won't equip, despite a 35 item level difference, because the secondary stats sim worse than what he's wearing.

As is usual, Legion's biggest failure is its class design and general balance. It's the one thing that's no better from Warlords.

Playing alts as an alt, not main, AK provides an excellent way of having to do a minimal number of wqs and dungeons to get r35 on my alts.
    AK alone makes leveling secondary artifacts and alts significantly easier than it was the first time around.

AK is great. Whiners who think Legion is alt unfriendly is just spoiled on WoD-garrisnooze.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    The timer doesn't drop below 3 days per AK. Which is quite sad.
    Yeah, for the first month after reaching 110 farming AP is almost pointless.

Deleted
    AK if anything is a fall-behind mechanic, not catch-up mechanic. When you start you have AK 0 and everyone has AK 10+, you gain way way less AP than they do, doing the same things. And you actually dont catch up with the AK until many weeks later. Then you have an enormous AP gap to close...

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Playing alts as an alt, not main, AK provides an excellent way of having to do a minimal number of wqs and dungeons to get r35 on my alts.
    AK alone makes leveling secondary artifacts and alts significantly easier than it was the first time around.

AK is great. Whiners who think Legion is alt unfriendly is just spoiled on WoD-garrisnooze.
    What if you want to switch mains at some point? It sucks to be that far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Whaaaat?? How the fuk putting work order every few days is a working for progressing artifact? To get legendary I have to be very active (and lucky) and spam mythics, do emisaries, run dungeons etc. To level up AK you have to do NOTHING. Or maybe you talking about doing 1 WQ to get 500 resources? So hard work dude.

If I wanna switch main I can grind dungeons all day long and I will catch up main with ilvl. Hovewer theres no way you gonna catch up main with AK and no matter how much work you will put into it. And thats in my opinion is bad. Im not wanting instant free artifact power, I want have possibility to work towards catching up other people.
    I do not think you are playing the game and I do not think you have actually tried to level a secondary artifact. I have levelled both my Ursoc claws and my Scythe of Elune to have 2 golden traits. Which is considered raid ready. Meanwhile G'Hanir is 4 levels away from being maxed.

I do not think you are playing the game and I do not think you have actually tried to level a secondary artifact. I have levelled both my Ursoc claws and my Scythe of Elune to have 2 golden traits. Which is considered raid ready. Meanwhile G'Hanir is 4 levels away from being maxed.
    And I do not think you are able to read properly. Im not talking about secondary artifact, its easy when you have high AK on main. Im talking about situation when you wanna switch main after 2 months into legion and you are at AK lvl 2-3. No matter how much work you will put into it, you wont catch up the AK level in next 3-4 months. I dont consider this as a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    What if you want to switch mains at some point? It sucks to be that far behind.
    As someone who recently switched mains to help my raid team... fuck yes it sucks.

If research was just account wide for who ever has the highest it would fix the problem big time.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Because everyone knows the best way to develop an expansion is to incentivize people to NOT do the content for a month before some arbitrary limit is reached to make it worth it.
    You can easily do content sooner, that's just the least effort highest reward route.

I don't get why people qq about this so much, if you make your character 2 months after mine, damn straight you should be a little behind. You'll catch up over time to the point where you're only slightly behind (my hunter who i started a month after my main is 29ak whereas my mains 31) The difference especially after you can purchase the first bunch of AK, will be very little.

It blows my mind that people expect their alts to instantly be as good as their mains.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    You can easily do content sooner, that's just the least effort highest reward route.

I don't get why people qq about this so much, if you make your character 2 months after mine, damn straight you should be a little behind. You'll catch up over time to the point where you're only slightly behind (my hunter who i started a month after my main is 29ak whereas my mains 31) The difference especially after you can purchase the first bunch of AK, will be very little.

It blows my mind that people expect their alts to instantly be as good as their mains.
    If you're playing character two months ahead you should be vastly ahead of gear, and that should be enough. Not some arbitrary and incredibly long time gate.

Nobody is expecting to get full 880 the minute they hit 110, but alts SHOULD have a way to catchup to mains if you put enough effort into it via gearing not time gates. Just like vast majority of past expansions
    Last edited by iky43210; 2016-11-13 at 12:46 PM.

Instantly? No. Tuck away that hyperbole nonsense.

However the "shortened" AK is a joke and not nearly enough in an expansion which enforces another unnecessary timegate on leveling another character than there is now.

The problem is that you didn't work harder. You played longer. You may consider that "work," but expansions previously didn't, which is the metric we used.

You were better geared if you played longer before.

Now its both "better gear" AND "you get artifact knowledge quicker." One of these is completely antithetical to alts, and one is now. I'll let you take a guess.

There's nothing skillworthy in playing the game longer.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-11-13 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    AK is a fine mechanic, AP being tied to only one weapon is what's crap. You either focus all your efforts into one weapon and forget about playing offspecs or you compromise and become weaker at all your specs.
    Compromising isn't even that bad. We have an unholy dk in the guild that has like 30-31 point in unholy and 28 points in his blood offspec. I only have 27 in unholy and 27 in frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    And I do not think you are able to read properly. Im not talking about secondary artifact, its easy when you have high AK on main. Im talking about situation when you wanna switch main after 2 months into legion and you are at AK lvl 2-3. No matter how much work you will put into it, you wont catch up the AK level in next 3-4 months. I dont consider this as a good thing.
    Yes, they are bringing that in for alts.

And yes, you will catch up the Artifact knowledge. It is designed so that the earlier levels run much faster compared to the realms top line.
    Last edited by Lillyth; 2016-11-13 at 02:31 PM.