Deleted

Question How to obtain Gladiator gear?

Is there any discernible logic in how Gladiator set (tier 19 look alike) is awarded from the random battlegrounds? I decided that my demon hunter's transmog needed new boots, and the gladiator boots were just perfect. I mean, how hard could getting them be?

Turns out pretty fucking hard. I've grinded BGs for three days, and obtained a huge pile of useless junk. Also three pieces of the Gladiator set. No boots though.

Is there a way to improve my chances? Does my item level affect the drops? How about honour level? Or whether it is the first match of the day; or the week? The position of planet Venus?

This is really frustrating. In old system you would gather honour and could be confident that eventually you could obtain the item you wanted. This Legion gear roulette is just nuts.

How about arenas? Do they more reliably award Gladiator set pieces?

Deleted
    Nope its just RNG. I know a lot of hardcore pvpers and myself included haven't gotten the full set for transmog. And I have been pvping almost everyday since launch. It seems like relics, trinkets have very high drop rate compared to armor pieces. Your best bet would be keeping an eye out for the PvP WQs, only those can drop a piece reliably.

Deleted
    Well, that's depressing.

How do the arena gear rewards work? All the guides just talk about the item level and that's not the point here.
    (I haven't done arenas in years, but if that's what I have to do to get my boots, then I guess that's what I will do.)

I wonder if after the season is over they'll make the regular vindictive gladiator gear (not the elite) available for purchase with marks of honor. Because I desperately want the xmog for my shaman but the rng of getting the right pieces is beyond frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlosh View Post
    I wonder if after the season is over they'll make the regular vindictive gladiator gear (not the elite) available for purchase with marks of honor. Because I desperately want the xmog for my shaman but the rng of getting the right pieces is beyond frustrating.
    I fully agree. I'm got the DK version rather quickly through a combination of pvp WQ's and unrated Battlegrounds but this was before 7.1 and now when I'm currently trying to get the pala version, I find myself struggling way far to the point of loosing my sanity.

The RNG is just terrible and having to endure a horrible bg, filled with abusive language and a huge amoung of looses is anything but enjoyable. So when the few times I find myself lucky and actully win, only to find yet another necklace or ring which I dont need, thats when I just despair.

And I am only trying to get this gear for transmoging. So yeh, the struggle is real.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlosh View Post
    They better. When will the season end?
    Last edited by mmoc2e490b8349; 2016-11-13 at 07:09 PM.

From WQuests and RNG.

Welcome to the WoW:We killed PvP

Deleted
    I got the full set just from doing PvP WQ's on my main. I think it's highly likely though that the vindictive sets will be sold for marks next season.

Well if you are talking the regular pvp set, then its easy, just do bunch of Wquests + low cr RBGs (each wins gives u a piece of gear)

Now if you want the elite set, it will take some major luck with RNG as well as getting 2k cr+ in a bracket to obtain it, and you only can get 1 piece per week from each bracket. I only do Arena so I only was eligible to for elite gear in 2s/3s but i have worst luck...hence I decided to get 2k in RBG, surprisingly it was very easy so far, currently sitting @ 1850 after 1 day of RBGing in a yolo grp, went 15-0.

So my advise to ensure you get full elite pvp set, get 2k in all 3 brackets and then hope that RNG God favors you.

Deleted
    Nah, I'm not talking about the elite. Regular Gladiator set is fine. But is far from easy. Each win gives a piece of gear, yes. But usually it is an useless trinket, ring or necklace. And when it gives actual moggable gear, it more often than not gives Combatant gear rather than Gladiator. And I haven't seen any WQs with gladiator items for days.

But can someone answer whether the arena wins give consistently (non-elite) Gladiator gear or do they also randomly give Combatant gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Longinus View Post
    Is there any discernible logic in how Gladiator set (tier 19 look alike) is awarded from the random battlegrounds? ...

Is there a way to improve my chances?
    There might be a way to increase your chances:

Go to Blizz HQ and ask them to calculate how much money they're making on longer subs having people endlessly grind this and other RNG PvP gear, as compared to when we could simply earn honor/conquest to get it.

Come back with however many sacks of cash it tallies up to and hand it over to the grubbers at Blizz.

Then tell them to change their rigged "Random" Number Generator algorithms so your stuff will drop before some time next summer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I'm not talking about the elite. Regular Gladiator set is fine. But is far from easy. Each win gives a piece of gear, yes. But usually it is an useless trinket, ring or necklace. And when it gives actual moggable gear, it more often than not gives Combatant gear rather than Gladiator. And I haven't seen any WQs with gladiator items for days.

But can someone answer whether the arena wins give consistently (non-elite) Gladiator gear or do they also randomly give Combatant gear?
    It does if you reach the rating for it to happen. The same way world quests stop awarding combatant gear with higher honor/prestiege. They posted the ratings, but I would guess u need 1700-2000 rating for normal gladiator gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Go to Blizz HQ and ask them to calculate how much money they're making on longer subs having people endlessly grind this and other RNG PvP gear, as compared to when we could simply earn honor/conquest to get it.
    Thing is, I doubt it will lead to longer subs. It will lead to people saying 'fuck this' and giving up.

been over 2k in 2s and 3s pretty much since the season start... and i've gotten 3 unique elite items. whoever at blizz designed this loot systems needs to be fucked off asap. the only way they can fix this is if they provide a full set purchase option post season if you met the 2k cr requirements.
    Last edited by Miff; 2016-11-14 at 01:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, I doubt it will lead to longer subs. It will lead to people saying 'fuck this' and giving up.
    Yeah it already has. That's why they reverted just a tad in 7.1 but it's probably too little, too late.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Yeah it already has. That's why they reverted just a tad in 7.1 but it's probably too little, too late.
    Actually 7.1 made things sort of worse which Blizzard didnt put in their glorious blue post. They reduced base ilvl of pvp gear 835, it used to be ilvl 840. PvP WQs reward ilvl 835 now. Before all drop from rated content was based on ratings but only 10th win is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfiyah View Post
    3 whole days huh?
    Well, considering that previously you just needed to win few BGs and you were guaranteed to be able to buy the item you wanted, this is indeed massively more time consuming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Actually 7.1 made things sort of worse which Blizzard didnt put in their glorious blue post. They reduced base ilvl of pvp gear 835, it used to be ilvl 840. PvP WQs reward ilvl 835 now. Before all drop from rated content was based on ratings but only 10th win is.
    Yeah but they increased the drop rates in some cases so "theoretically" a better chance to get something useful faster.

Blizz blue posts anymore are like reading a tabloid paper - good to line your bird cage but that's about it.