Why is my damage so bonkers!?

Hey guys, frost DK here with some wacky DPS where sometimes I'm god mode and others I'm a leroy jenkins wannabe. I've recently switched some of my talents to more single target focus but compared to other frost DK's I'm just a frozen hotdog; even tho I'm delicious nobody wants me. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm guessing you are saying you need help with DPS.
    1. Any WoW logs? or just numbers on a fight/dummy?
    2. Wow Armory?
    Post these so we can take a more in-depth look at your character.

Im finding this to my experience as well but in pvp. I did a WQ free for all type thing and dominated several people. This evening did another and felt like I was doing nothing vs the demon hunters who were just war stomping.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Frosts strength is burst aoe. ST isnt so great.

RE PVP:
    Vengeance DHs can mitigate a decent amount of magical damg on top of their flame debuff that reduces your dmg done. Havoc can blur and blade dance your CDs or just flat out evade you. Both specs also get huge amounts of leech during Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Frosts strength is burst aoe. ST isnt so great.
    Wrong.

If your ST sucks as Frost, you're playing it wrong.

Things to check:

-Are you letting Icy Talons fall off? RP management is actually important as Frost. Ensure that you are at 3 stacks of IT, and then prioritize rune spenders and only FS to fill gaps or keep IT up. Get a Weakaura.
    -Are you sitting on Rime too long? You should be using it as soon as it is available, unless IT is about to fall off. Rime procs should take precedence over KM.
    -Are you sitting on your KM procs too long? You should be using KM procs as soon as possible, delaying other rune spenders to do so.
    -Are you keeping your runes on CD? Use Obliterate when available unless you have a higher DPR (damage per rune) ability available such as Glacial Advance.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2016-11-14 at 03:49 PM.

A bit off-topic, but I want to ask what I am doing wrong. I notice that as an IT/RA/GA FDK, I top the meters in EN, but at the same time, when I go to Kara, my guildmates - both the Eng Sham and the Boomkin I am doing it with - outDPS me by a fair margin. It seems to me those are burstier than I am on shorter fights, while my DPS is more sustainable and thus exceeds theirs on significantly longer raid fights.

Deleted
    Im a bit confused aswell every post or link i check says another thing with the stats for example the dk spreadsheet says you should go 25% crit 25% haste and then mastery on the other hand other people say i should go for 25% crit 20% haste and the rest mastery /bit versa which one do i have to take now?
    same with GA and killing machine proccs the spreadsheet says when KM proccs i should use FSC on singletarget and only use obliterate withut proccs is that true? and is GA used on ST on cd? since it costs 1 rune less than obliterate and does without a crit a bit more dmg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acevada View Post
    Im a bit confused aswell every post or link i check says another thing with the stats for example the dk spreadsheet says you should go 25% crit 25% haste and then mastery on the other hand other people say i should go for 25% crit 20% haste and the rest mastery /bit versa which one do i have to take now?
    same with GA and killing machine proccs the spreadsheet says when KM proccs i should use FSC on singletarget and only use obliterate withut proccs is that true? and is GA used on ST on cd? since it costs 1 rune less than obliterate and does without a crit a bit more dmg
    Different builds have different weights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    Different builds have different weights.
    meant the FSc/GA build since we dont lack ST in our m+ grp

Deleted
    Mastery is more valuable for that build than the 8% versa people are talking about.