Deleted

General terrible strategic sense in gaming?

Right, so straight of the bat I'll admit to being extremely competitive, if it's a contest, if there are teams involved or a prize, I have to win.

Now naturally, this makes me a very competitive gamer and sore loser, in general I can get pissy about people playing "bad" (myself included) however it drives me up and through the bloody wall when in whatever team oriented game I play, my beloved team mates just can't think strategically to save their lives.
    Take a heroes of the storm game I just played for instance, enemy medivh is allowed to pop back in and out shielding his team, and nobody punishes him, the ranged have the opportunity to reposition to be in range whenever he decides to pop his ugly face out, but doesn't.
    Or counter-strike, where you sit in that corner, hold that angle and shoot whoever's going to interfere with your bomb site, or any other amongst hundred different scenarios.
    It doesn't take more than 2 seconds "What is my enemy trying to accomplish? How do I prevent that" That's ALL there is to it.

So, am I being unreasonable, is there an "excuse" to terrible strategic mindset?

Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    So, am I being unreasonable, is there an "excuse" to terrible strategic mindset?
    The most common excuse is each person having their own view of what is the "correct" strategy, but lacking the ability to properly communicate that strategy or accept alternate viewpoints.

So find friends so you can coordinate and play seriously. Expecting serious strategy from random people online is dumb.

The most common excuse these days, especially for F2P games like HotS or CS is: Because they're 10 years old. Any free or very cheap games that offer quick-play have lots of little kids inundating them these days and they just don't understand the concept of strategy. A secondary issue is people just don't seem to give a fuck about objectives or how a game is meant to be played. They're self-centered and will log into multiplayer games and just do whatever they want, ignoring everyone/everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    The most common excuse is each person having their own view of what is the "correct" strategy, but lacking the ability to properly communicate that strategy or accept alternate viewpoints.
    This. Its one reason that groups that "Hero Stack" for lulz do better than they should. Right off the bat they communicate and act more like a team than a group of heroes that plan to solo the game.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    A secondary issue is people just don't seem to give a fuck about objectives or how a game is meant to be played.
    "Yeah, we lost because I ignored the objective. But did you see my K ratio at the end of the match? It's not my fault you unskilled noobs suck at this game."