Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    The only reason electoral college was introduced by the founding fathers was that it gave them a way to override the election result.

There's no other reason why the electoral vote system is used. It's also the reason why it's going away in the very near future.

Popular vote is the only vote that matters in an election (in any Western country) unless you are part of the US of A.
    Yes, but now is nothing more than a ceremonial thing. Also plenty of countries have a system such as ours, but since they have more than one party they do two rounds. Since our third parties have literall to no importance we just skip the second election.

Wait..

People believed what he said he was going to do instead of what he was actually going to do... sucker born every day. Elections are only about saying what people want to hear to get every dumb ass out of the woods for republicans and every dumb ass out of the hood for democrats to pencil their names on a ballot. Delivery is a joke on anyone that believes it.

Most people seem to forget that GS management was barred from making donations to Donald Trump during the campaign. We will have to see how Trump will act towards Wall Street, considering they exclusively backed Clinton.

Its also interesting that the media is still persisting with its war on Trump.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Popular vote means jack shit. Why we even vote at all when it means nothing is still stupid

If the people didn't vote then the state selected EC voters would have no way to vote and then the HoR would choose the president.

And in 50 plus elections the popular vote won all but 5 times. If it was broke it would always be counter to popular vote, but it's how the constitution deals with votes where the difference is statistically insignificant.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    You wonder why people don't consider Bloomberg credible when they resort to click-bait titles, and then digress into slanted history lessons.

Irony that Bloomberg complains about shadiness when Bloomberg has been equally "dirty" when it comes to data acquisition and trade. They're a financial business, not a news outlet. All their news is inherently propaganda.

Either way, another butthurt investor that lost the election resorting to fear mongering.

I'll wait till I hear it out of the president's mouth instead. I'm not interested in "he-said-she-said" bullshit anymore.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Most people seem to forget that GS management was barred from making donations to Donald Trump during the campaign. We will have to see how Trump will act towards Wall Street, considering they exclusively backed Clinton.

Its also interesting that the media is still persisting with its war on Trump.
    What is war ? Reporting the presumably leaked on purpose nominations ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    You wonder why people don't consider Bloomberg credible when they resort to click-bait titles, and then digress into slanted history lessons.

Irony that Bloomberg complains about shadiness when Bloomberg has been equally "dirty" when it comes to data acquisition and trade. They're a financial business, not a news outlet. All their news is inherently propaganda.

Either way, another butthurt investor that lost the election resorting to fear mongering.

I'll wait till I hear it out of the president's mouth instead. I'm not interested in "he-said-she-said" bullshit anymore.
    What is the propaganda ? Trump said he would cleanse Washington of WS (which, as anyone could have told you, was a surprising declaration from a New York mogul), he hiring insiders for the key posts = that's not what he said, Muh propaganda.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Each state votes to tell your states electoral college reps how you want them to vote for the position of president. That way, states like California and New York do not have all the voting power since they hold most of the people, and smaller states get some say as well.
    Which doesn't make sense because more people > less people in voting. Essentially you are a country and not a state.

Not to mention if the USA didn't have CA and NY, the USA wouldn't even be a 1st world country. I mean looking at statistics, the entire mid of the USA can't even beat the size of the Californian economy, and they expect the same voting strength as a state with possibly more inhabitants and economy size???

If you want to go really potato, CA and NY have 58.9 million inhabitants (18% of total US population). 3.9 Trillion USD economy (21% of the US Economy). 84 electoral votes out of 538, which is 15% of total electoral vote.

Then you look at states like : Idaho, 4 electoral votes, 1.65 million inhabitants and 65 billion USD economy. If you would equal them to California their voting strength would be around 92 electoral votes.

Just thinking about the American system, what it means is that, the smallest yet most useless states can hold the biggest, most contributing, and most populated states hostage, whilst requiring millions of less voters to do so. If you think about it, that's one rigged system.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2016-11-15 at 02:46 AM.

Wow, you think that people attacking your policies without hearing them and calling your nominations stupid is ''unfair'' ?

Count your lucky stars, if Hillary had won, her own nominations would have been ''proven'' seventy ties already by Alex Jones and Breitbart as ''zionist witches'', and you would all believe it like the Gospel. The worse part would be that the ''witches'' part would be taken literaly.

Its true that this propaganda lacks the charms of republican outing-AKA chubby millitiamen in camo fatigues screaming with eyes bulging that the gubinement is there to take their guns and/or that Donald Trump is Zeelander agent. Just people mocking Trump nominations
    Last edited by LordWellington; 2016-11-15 at 02:34 AM.

Evidently when he said he was going to drain the swamp, what he meant to say is he was going to turn it into a bayou instead.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Evidently when he said he was going to drain the swamp, what he meant to say is he was going to turn it into a bayou instead.
    Flood the swamp, turn it into a lake.

The gift that keeps on giving. The next months will be pretty amusing, for both sides.

Flood the swamp, turn it into a lake.
    A swamp is an areas of land, a bayou is an area of water. If you flood a swamp, you turn it into a bayou.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LordWellington View Post
    It's just that business as usual (ZING) republicans for key economic posts is very odd considering the nearly psychotic screams about ''globalist bankers'''

Maybe I should put globalists in double parenthesis, to follow your Calvin and Hobbes grade ''sekret kodes'' ?

Then again, obviously the handlers of Trump campaign think very highly of the intelligence of their supporters, considering that they managed to make them believe that Trump would finally gave the A-word for the extermination of ''globalists'', while his own daughter converted to ''globalism' and his grandkids will be ''globalists'' raised in the ''globalist'' faith, not to mention that the competent side of the campaign was handled by the son in law, a devout ''globalist'' (1) That point alone should prove you that Trumpists believe everything

(1)That's how subtle sounds people with pictures of Nazi officers as avatar looks when they use ''globalists''

Its triple parenthese

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    A swamp is an areas of land, a bayou is an area of water. If you flood a swamp, you turn it into a bayou.
    Ye I guess in my country we just call it a lake, don't have a specific word for it :P

Ye I guess in my country we just call it a lake, don't have a specific word for it :P
    Ah, understood. Here a lake and a Bayou are too different things.

https://www.reference.com/science/s-...bba243879b4d0#

Better answer than I can give.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Hey now, the majority of America voted him in- oh.
    The majority of Americans didn't even vote. Nice try.

We knew everything he said was bullshit to begin with, not really news.

I'm waiting for his "wall" to turn into a "terrific fence," and then that fence to turn into "just a fence we'll put in the most needed areas, believe me those areas will have the best fence," which will instead turn into "we're going to hire the best people to monitor these areas, I know people you don't even know about, believe me, they're going to be great."

Which doesn't make sense because more people > less people in voting. Essentially you are a country and not a state.

Not to mention if the USA didn't have CA and NY, the USA wouldn't even be a 1st world country. I mean looking at statistics, the entire mid of the USA can't even beat the size of the Californian economy, and they expect the same voting strength as a state with possibly more inhabitants and economy size???

If you want to go really potato, CA and NY have 58.9 million inhabitants (18% of total US population). 3.9 Trillion USD economy (21% of the US Economy). 84 electoral votes out of 538, which is 15% of total electoral vote.

Then you look at states like : Idaho, 4 electoral votes, 1.65 million inhabitants and 65 billion USD economy. If you would equal them to California their voting strength would be around 92 electoral votes.

Just thinking about the American system, what it means is that, the smallest yet most useless states can hold the biggest, most contributing, and most populated states hostage, whilst requiring millions of less voters to do so. If you think about it, that's one rigged system.
    Virtually everything you said here is false.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to congratulate the Conservatives for bringing in absolutely 0 change.

Truly, a marvel of modern politics, to stagnate so much.

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    Virtually everything you said here is false.
    Does Idaho not have 4 electoral votes?