Poll: Would you give your significant other a second chance if they were unfaithful?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Would you give your significant other a second chance if they were unfaithful?

If your significant other cheated on you would you be completely done with them or would you give them a second chance because you truly love them?

Would it make a difference if they were upfront and honest with you about it rather then try to hide it from you?

None of your poll options.

If it was a sustained form of cheating, with lying and deception involved, I would cut them out of my life.

If it was something that happened once, or there wasn't much deception, I would want to know what happened and why it happened. But regardless the relationship would be over, but it's important to forgive and hopefully reach a point where we can be friendly or at least amicable.

But the relationship is over regardless.

Its hard to say unless it happens I guess. I'm near certain i'd break it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    This would really depend. If she had a one night drunken stand, than maybe. Having a long time relationship with someone else, then no.

Absolutly not, no questions about it.

I've been with my wife for nearly 14 years. We have kids, cars, houses, a business - we have built a life together. We also have a strict understanding that neither of us can cheat. So, if I found out she cheated on me, it would be a severe breach of trust and I couldn't continue to be married to someone I didn't trust. So, while I couldn't cut her out of my life because of the kids , I couldn't be in a romantic relationship with her anymore.

If I wasn't married and it was just a girlfriend, I would still leave. No need to stick around for that.

Having said that, I run under a theory that women (in general) have a innate desire to be faithful to those they are happy with. If my wife cheated, I absolutely believe it will be my fault. Whether I wasn't giving her what she needed emotionally or sexually , or I pissed her off so bad she decided the way to get even was to fuck someone else, it will have been driven to that point because of me. So, if your girl cheated- "you better tighten yo muthafuckin game up"
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

I honestly think I'd be more hurt by the sustained lying than anything. If they came clean fairly fast and apologized I probably would. If I found out they had been lying to me about this for months, out the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    If your significant other cheated on you would you be completely done with them or would you give them a second chance because you truly love them?
    I don't even have to think hard, because I've been there, and my completely-unregretted answer was to end things, pretty much immediately, after we'd been together for years. It wasn't the ONLY thing going badly, but then, I'm not sure a decent relationship would see cheating happen in the first place.

Would it make a difference if they were upfront and honest with you about it rather then try to hide it from you?
    They were dishonest to begin with, by cheating. So no.

It's never an "accident". You never "couldn't help yourself". Those are excuses made by manipulators, who don't want to face the consequences for their deliberate choice to hurt their partner and their relationship in one of the most serious betrayals they could make.

It it's "just physical", then you put your relationship on the rocks because you couldn't be arsed to say "no" and take care of it yourself.
    If it's an emotional affair, then you should have either shut it down when it started, or had the balls (or lady-balls) to want to see where that was going, and bring it up with your partner before you did anything to pursue that new flame.

There's no excuse for cheating.

Note that none of the above applies to open relationships or polyamory of any kind; I'm not arguing for exclusive monogamy for everyone, just honesty about what your relationship and needs are. If you both agree you're not exclusive with each other, its not "cheating".

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah I wouldn't. Because I have a policy that if they want to sleep with someone, they can as long as they tell me about it beforehand, and they use protection.

Cheating under these circumstances is unforgivable.

10+ Year Old Account
    if the other cheat it's because you were plain unable to earn enough respect so that such situation would not happen

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Having said that, I run under a theory that women (in general) have a innate desire to be faithful to those they are happy with. If my wife cheated, I absolutely believe it will be my fault. Whether I wasn't giving her what she needed emotionally or sexually , or I pissed her off so bad she decided the way to get even was to fuck someone else, it will have been driven to that point because of me. So, if your girl cheated- "you better tighten yo muthafuckin game up"
    Don't sell yourself short like that. If you didn't give her what she needed emotionally or sexually she should be a decent enough of a human being to talk to you about it instead of fucking some other dude. "Oh no, he's been less cuddly lately! Better jump on this other dick right here!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never. Had my fiance do it to me, wouldn't wish it on anyone. It's pretty soul crushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    if the other cheat it's because you were plain unable to earn enough respect so that such situation would not happen
    This is wrong on so many levels, you could do nothing wrong have the perfect relationship and they could still cheat.

ive seen it and been at the end of it.

it Happens to everyone and sometimes its just cause the cheater wants to try something different, then regrets it afterwards, or likes having something on the side and keeps doing it.

if it ends in regret they probably never do it again nor speak of it.
    if it ends with them liking it you have problems.

but cheating on someone instead of telling them how you feel, isnt what a relationship is about, if you dont like it leave them, dont bitch and complain they throw you to the curb after they found out you cheated on them.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

No second chance - it's a total breach of trust. Trust is like virginity, you can only lose it once and you can't get it back.

Deleted
    I have actually been in this situation quite recently in a relationship that went for 7 years.. No. I didn't break up with her. She came clean the very next day. And one stupid drunk move isnt worth trowing 7 years down the drain. Funny thing is our relationship has never been better because her action made it clear it needed work from both sides.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-11-15 at 07:34 AM.

Highly unlikely.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    My brain says: Hell no.
    But reality is: I would probably try to.

If my girlfriend cheated on me I would take it upon myself to hit the gym and get better abs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Jesus... Man the fuck up. It is always the cheaters fault. If they are unhappy, they are free to end the relationship properly before jumping on other genitals.
    And why were they unhappy? Obviously something about me made her that way. So yes, she would be a cunt for doing it. But if I was on point as a man both emotionally and sexually, what possible reason could she have for doing it ? We've already established that she naturally WANTS to be faithful.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I've been with my wife for nearly 14 years. We have kids, cars, houses, a business - we have built a life together. We also have a strict understanding that neither of us can cheat. So, if I found out she cheated on me, it would be a severe breach of trust and I couldn't continue to be married to someone I didn't trust. So, while I couldn't cut her out of my life because of the kids , I couldn't be in a romantic relationship with her anymore.

If I wasn't married and it was just a girlfriend, I would still leave. No need to stick around for that.

Is this a joke?