Page 12 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    And still no changes to unholy humongous dependency on RNGs (Festering Wounds mostly), just more talent band-aid fixes. Another fuck you from blizzard.
    Last edited by Kendros; 2016-11-30 at 12:55 AM.

"As we mentioned before, the next PTR build will have a fairly substantial number of new class changes."

"We’re making some significant changes to many specializations in Patch 7.1.5, and this has understandably resulted in some concern and confusion, particularly from players who may be less familiar with our PTR and development processes."

So, where are they? For like, any class.

There were tons of changes across the board, but unfortunately unholy didn't get anything baseline. Some unpopular talents were buffed, but largely not enough to make them competitive.

didnt expect anything useful, cant get disappointed
    rank 1 dk
    find me on vindicatum.com

FWIW I tweeted at WCDev and WatcherDev to see how far along this build is. I have no optimism about getting a response.

Well BoS got buffed yet again along with murderous efficiency to 65% for 1 Rune.

Breath build is looking to be a thing.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valermos View Post
    Well BoS got buffed yet again along with murderous efficiency to 65% for 1 Rune.

Breath build is looking to be a thing.
    Additionally, Gathering Storm got a decent buff, and so did Horn of Valor, I think a build with those 2, BoS and Murderous Efficiency might be pretty good, but losing Runic Attenuation might not be that nice for BoS, we'll have to see how the resource generation goes without that.

BoS has a good case for being viable, though, definitely gonna try it on the PTR.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    And still no changes to unholy humongous dependency on RNGs (Festering Wounds mostly), just more talent band-aid fixes. Another fuck you from blizzard.
    Man its depressing seeing nothing for unholy cept talents we never use get buff/changed....i think im about to give on unholy and go blood..i wont touch the brain dead play style of frost.(thats my opinion)

Unholy is the big aoe spec now. It will not be buffed for single target, just switch to frost.

10+ Year Old Account
    please just make this damn festering strike hit 3-4 wounds instead of 2-4
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    New build, still no buffs to our main talents or abilities, just them trying to make our shitty ones less shitty.

JUST

Considering that the PTR isn't over and thus the build isn't being pushed, the sky isn't falling so relax pretty much everyone here.

The Unholy buffs are pretty nice though. Yes we need more baseline stuff, but as is what it did is make an already viable build even better. CS as a strike already scaled harder than SS did, now it's going to be doing a good deal more and scaling even faster than it was before. With DA being reduced to 2 mins, and Ebon Fever being buffed as well it likely will just change up the options the CS build has, especially if it gets the new legendary helm.

The PP ~ Castigator combo is a large reason why we are RP capping and having too many runes. I would welcome a change from these two core talents for ST.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Considering that the PTR isn't over and thus the build isn't being pushed, the sky isn't falling so relax pretty much everyone here.

The Unholy buffs are pretty nice though. Yes we need more baseline stuff, but as is what it did is make an already viable build even better. CS as a strike already scaled harder than SS did, now it's going to be doing a good deal more and scaling even faster than it was before. With DA being reduced to 2 mins, and Ebon Fever being buffed as well it likely will just change up the options the CS build has, especially if it gets the new legendary helm.
    People been saying that for a while now, and there's still no significant changes happening at all... You'd think that if they did want to tune Unholy, they'd do it throughout the PTR, not at the very end. Especially when there's supposedly only a few more weeks left until 7.1.5 goes live. It's always "relax, more to come", but nothing ever really comes. Gets a bit tiresome reading these hopeful posts when there's never anything to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skazord View Post
    People been saying that for a while now, and there's still no significant changes happening at all... You'd think that if they did want to tune Unholy, they'd do it throughout the PTR, not at the very end. Especially when there's supposedly only a few more weeks left until 7.1.5 goes live. It's always "relax, more to come", but nothing ever really comes. Gets a bit tiresome reading these hopeful posts when there's never anything to show for it.
    Considering there's been what, 2? 3? Builds, they are at the start of the process, which they clearly stated.

They didn't get to Unholy before today's build. Unholy is now basically done. Only minor tweaks will follow.

I don't realistically expect any more major builds. My guess is we'll get two more builds with minor changes and polish in December, then 2 weeks off until January, one final build the first week of January, and then 7.1.5 will go live in the second week alongside Nighthold. That feels about right.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2016-11-30 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    They didn't get to Unholy before today's build. Unholy is now basically done. Only minor tweaks will follow.

I don't realistically expect any more major builds. My guess is we'll get two more builds with minor changes and polish in December, then 2 weeks off until January, one final build the first week of January, and then 7.1.5 will go live in the second week alongside Nighthold. That feels about right.
    I think you are correct

TBH DKs should set fire to the forums a la Mages and see what responses come

Apparently some secondary stat changes are already in this build as well, Warlocks are talking of some changes to haste with Demo. So maybe when we're able to log on we will see some different scaling on some stats for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Skazord View Post
    Additionally, Gathering Storm got a decent buff, and so did Horn of Valor, I think a build with those 2, BoS and Murderous Efficiency might be pretty good, but losing Runic Attenuation might not be that nice for BoS, we'll have to see how the resource generation goes without that.

BoS has a good case for being viable, though, definitely gonna try it on the PTR.
    You dont use RA for BoS build since you dont aa for jack nor take the talents that increase aa. Ideally you would go 3,3,2,x,x,3,2 and if you have the frost legendary ring like i do, You can get such a huge up time with breath. Only bad thing is, this build is lackluster in a m+ so you would probably go back to a Fsc build if you needed to aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Considering there's been what, 2? 3? Builds, they are at the start of the process, which they clearly stated.
    the thing is that this exact ideal is what got Dks here in the first place since cata

"Oh it's only beta... it'll be fixed before live"

"oh it's only the first raid. It'll be fixed in the next patch"

"OH ITS THE END OF THE XPAC. IT'LL BE FIXED ON THE NEXT XPAC"

rinse and repeat.... WTB shaman treatment aka be op for 3 xpacs in a row and show no signs of nerfs...