Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

7.1.5 Hunter changes

Hello fellow hunters. What do you think about 7.1.5 changes? Seems like they made us more of a single target spec by taking away part of our niche cleave and buffing arcane/aimed shot. Wonder how it will play out in raids. Please feel free to share your thoughts below

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Like the new traps

Too bad BM is still garbage

Also why not make the shoulder legendary a baseline passive?
    Last edited by MatthewOU2015; 2016-11-15 at 08:30 PM.

This thread is up before even all the changes have been datamined.

The spec will probably be fine, yes there are some issues with the changes atm that have been datamined. Namely to sidewinders and marked shot/marking targets procs.

I would expect to see some other changes that currently haven't been datamined yet to sidewinders chargetime and marking targets procrate or something similar.

We should act as our class fantasy dictates and be patient snipers in the meantime and not chicken little's screaming about the sky falling.

I want to see how it shakes out. Patient sniper is built in now, which is fine. No more vuln on sidewinders. So we will have way less vuln uptime. And no bonus focus pool from the new patient sniper. Everything is going to be very different.

As for the cleave, we just gonna have to try it. It is looking like we will be using trick shot and multi-shot, and maybe even sentinel.

Deleted
    I dont understand new patient sniper, any can explain me please?

is it me, or is this dpss nerf, a big one, to a spec that was already low single target?

Quote Originally Posted by partehuevos View Post
    New vuln lasts 7 seconds (and also appears that sidewinders wont apply it automatically). So old patient sniper is essentially built in now. New patient sniper increases the damage bonus of vuln by 15% every second vuln stays up.

Quote Originally Posted by partehuevos View Post
    If I understand it correctly, the total damage bonus of Vulnerable goes up as the debuff is closer to end. So, it's 100% increased damage initially, and 205% if you manage to hit the target at the very last second.

I'm disappointed that nothing was done with Piercing Shot, Explosive Shot, Trick Shot or the entire 1st talent row...

SV:
    5% Crit nerf.
    New Ability: Waylay. Traps become "better" after not triggering for 2 seconds.

BM:
    Barrage nerf

MM:
    Aimed Shot buff
    Arcane Shot Buff
    Marked Shot Buff
    Sidewinders Nerfed
    Patient Sniper moved to lv 60 row.
    Sentinel Buff.
    Barrage Nerfed.

Deleted
    So BM still sucks.

Thanks Obama

New BM leg looks interesting, extra charge of dire beast.

setnal seems like it might be a good cd now applying hunters mark to all targets in 20 yards ever second.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    SV:
    5% Crit nerf.

BM:
    Barrage nerf

MM:
    Aimed Shot buff
    Arcane Shot Buff
    Marked Shot Buff
    Sidewinders Nerfed
    Sentinel Buff.
    Barrage Nerfed.
    The 5% crit nerf is for all specs not only SV. However I believe all classes got this nerf so.

15+ Year Old Account
    SV:
    5% Crit nerf.

BM:
    Barrage nerf

MM:
    Aimed Shot buff
    Arcane Shot Buff
    Marked Shot Buff
    Sidewinders Nerfed
    Sentinel Buff.
    Barrage Nerfed.
    Patient sniper is already in the lvl 60 row. Can't really comment exactly how it's changed though and how it will impact us.

Survival still bad.
    BM still shallow.
    MM new legendary should be baseline default passive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    The 5% crit nerf is for all specs not only SV. However I believe all classes got this nerf so.
    Deserved nerf since hunter is basically rocking all DPS charts ...

SV:
    5% Crit nerf.

BM:
    Barrage nerf

MM:
    Aimed Shot buff
    Arcane Shot Buff
    Marked Shot Buff
    Sidewinders Nerfed
    Sentinel Buff.
    Barrage Nerfed.
    I think you misread the changes. They dropped vulnerability from 150% to 100% and increased the dmg of Aimed Shot by 25% over what it currently does. So it's a nerf.

Marked shot didn't seem to get touched, so not sure where you're getting this from. It suffers the 50% nerf that vulnerability got.

Patient sniper is on the lvl 60 row already, they just made it a ramp up mechanic which has some really weird implications with holding aimed shots. This has a lot of potential to make an already clunky spec much more clunky.

Sidewinders nerfed into the ground unless we're missing something somewhere.

I hope these aren't what they're going with, because it looks like absolute shit. If we lose sidewinders as our go-to aoe, then we fall back to arcane shot, which puts us in the same shitty niche as BM with an 8yd aoe range. Spread cleave is what we were good at... so they nerfed our single target damage into the ground further with barrage nerfs and made sidewinders shitty. GJ Blizz, get your shit together.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cleavemaster hunter was fun while it lasted. rip

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetacheese View Post
    Cleavemaster hunter was fun while it lasted. rip
    NP we are still good at .... oh

Quote Originally Posted by Crayten View Post
    Deserved nerf since hunter is basically rocking all DPS charts ...
    The crit nerf seems to be for all dps specs regardless of class.