Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This Californian says, "fuck you, Canada."

I'm happy right where I am, thanks. It's far more likely that the U.S. absorbs Canada than it ever is that Canada absorbs U.S. states.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    All hail Canada, new economic powerhouse of the world. Can you imagine what would happen to US GDP with no New York or California?
    Dunno, what does a Cotton Republic look like?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Yeah we're just gonna give up that land and gift it to our favorite puppet nation up north.
    Puppet nation my ass, we're still a part of the Commonwealth.

Long live the Empire, rebel scum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I agree, I think the West Coast should secede and seek federation with Canada.
    For the glory of Cascadia.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ya we have like 41 million lol.
    California alone has like 39 million.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Eh, Washington's already Canada lite.
    Still has permissive gun laws and no state income tax, which is why I'm still a resident.

Uhh...no thanks. 1. You don't claim US territory as your own, canada, should've done that in the 1800s. Also, to the peeps hating on trump, go do your mess somewhere else, leave. If you hate trump, go, idc. You guys are as salty as the peeps that were crying on the obama wins. It's pathetic. Trust me, i've seen MANY elections before this one, and no once was I moved by any of them. I didn't care who'd win, mainly cause they're presidents. They won't move me, until they pass congresses rules.

And that's it. Many people seem to forget about the senate, as well as the house of representatives. And that's where some peeps arguments come short.

And besides, I don't have to have california go to canada. The forests are too special there to have SJWs rioting through and through.

Please canada, i'm saving you. Don't do this, they're likely not going to change what so ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    All hail Canada, new economic powerhouse of the world. Can you imagine what would happen to US GDP with no New York or California?
    Of course I can see imagine it. Infact, I even have a name to call it, it's called "Canada's not going to steal shit, unless they have country rule, or so forth".

Seriously, it's like some people can't understand the fact that sometimes, you don't get what you want.

Honestly, I'm getting sick of some of this. The SJWs that riot through the streets, acting like special snowflakes, seem well unaware of the world around them. And canada is being blind enough to even listen. Like, *Facepalm*

Deleted
    At first I was going to question the absurdity about reporting on what looks like total randoms on Twitter is saying. But now I want to know if there actually were any answers to those tweets, and if so what where they?

#Doyouevenjournalistbro?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ya we have like 41 million lol.
    When did we suddenly find 5million extra people?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada

I have a unicorn in my back yard!!!

I've never actually seen such a huge group of people go full-tard but this is more like warpspeed
    Last edited by Xandrigity; 2016-11-15 at 10:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Uhh...no thanks. 1. You don't claim US territory as your own, canada, should've done that in the 1800s. [...] And canada is being blind enough to even listen. Like, *Facepalm*
    Do you people even begin to realise that it isn't the Canadian government saying this? It's some random people derping on the internet.

At least check the damn sources before you start spouting off like you've got a wasp in your panties.

Like, *Facepalm*
    Indeed.

This shit is starting to get really fucking stupid, and it was pretty dumb to begin with. First of all, Canada isn't some happy go lucky utopia free of racism, sexism and other problems, and anyone who thinks it is, is fucking retarded. Secondly, yeah, like the United States is just going to happily and peacefully give up its entire West Coast. Thirdly, anyone who thinks that even half of the population of the states in this "proposal" (hell, even 25%) would seriously be willing to leave the United States for Canada is fucking delusional.

Here's a hard dose of reality: any attempt by any of those states to secede and join Canada would instantly trigger a really ugly, bloody and costly second Civil War. For example, I'm a Californian, I'm not moving, and there's no fucking way I'm ever going to be a Canadian. And I'm not at all a minority in this. You all really think the other residents of Washington, Oregon, California and all the rest, even the ones who voted Hillary, are going to be like, "yeah, I'm rejoining the empire! Oh, Canada!"? If you seriously think that, then you need to ask your doctor to up your meds, because they're clearly not making your delusions go away.
    Last edited by jimboa24; 2016-11-15 at 10:53 PM.

Would Canadians oppose this? Cali already has similar wages to those in Canada and while in short term there wages would drop due to increased competition, long term they would benefit a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    They can have the people, but the land is ours. The Cascades are beautiful.
    If the "people" of those states wanted to leave or just no longer be part of the US, this is about how it would go down. They'd be welcome to gather their belongings, pack a U-Haul and head on out of the US.

Those state lines and national borders aren't changing any time soon.
    All ducks can now drop items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    This shit is starting to get really fucking stupid, and it was pretty dumb to begin with. First of all, Canada isn't some happy go lucky utopia free of racism, sexism and other problems, and anyone who thinks it is, is fucking retarded. Secondly, yeah, like the United States is just going to happily and peacefully give up its entire West Coast. Thirdly, anyone who thinks that even half of the population of the states in this "proposal" (hell, even 25%) would seriously be willing to leave the United States for Canada is fucking delusional.

Here's a hard dose of reality: any attempt by any of those states to secede and join Canada would instantly trigger a really ugly, bloody and costly second Civil War. For example, I'm a Californian, I'm not moving, and there's no fucking way I'm ever going to be a Canadian. And I'm not at all a minority in this. You all really think the other residents of Washington, Oregon, California and all the rest, even the ones who voted Hillary, are going to be like, "yeah, I'm rejoining the empire! Oh, Canada!"? If you seriously think that, then you need to ask your doctor to up your meds, because they're clearly not making your delusions go away.
    You realise that it's a handful of internet potatoes talking about this right? Not the government, not any one in power. It's just a stupid social media trend.

Calm your tits.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Is this The Onion?
    Just some Canadian reporters having some fun. Unfortunately, the OP doesn't understand humor.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post

I remember when I used to throw tantrums over things that weren't real.

Oh wait.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    You can immigrate. There are 800,000 people who were born in Canada currently living in the US, probably cause of money and warmer weather.

No reason you can't do the reverse.

I wouldn't mind living in Canada except for the cut in pay and only one warm month out of the year.
    Nah I can't immigrate. I'm in a 6 year program so I'm tied to my current location. Besides, I like the weather better here.

I just think Canadian values tend to be superior to aggregate US values - in general.

And again its illegal for states to secede so no deal
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Of course I can see imagine it. Infact, I even have a name to call it, it's called "Canada's not going to steal shit, unless they have country rule, or so forth".

Seriously, it's like some people can't understand the fact that sometimes, you don't get what you want.

Honestly, I'm getting sick of some of this. The SJWs that riot through the streets, acting like special snowflakes, seem well unaware of the world around them. And canada is being blind enough to even listen. Like, *Facepalm*
    You guys managed to out Brexit Brexit lol. Exactly the same fall out since we have the Scottish threatening to leave the Union and quite possibly Northern Ireland. Although the critical difference here is that you guys are arguing about people being silly on Social Media where we have the actual Scottish Parliament making an official threat.

Either way congratz on now being the laughing stock of the first world, you really did us a solid putting Trump in.

Nothing will come of this just like nothing came of southern states doing this when Obama won.