Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    @rainzoro You do realize that at the start of WoD Defile was the best for single target and AoE right? If you get that helm legndary it essentially makes your DnD/Defile like SI, where you would pool DC's just before it and ten dump once you use it. Considering that Defile buffs your Mastery it could easily lead to a playstyle where you have 80%+ uptime on that buff, and weave in Defile as you do your rotation (ST or AOE)
    You're correct. But the mechanism in WoD and Legion are different. 7.1.5 may buff Defile but considering the fact that DnD/Defile is essentially a carpet and fundamentally bad for fights with movements and target swap, I cannot imagine it all of a sudden becoming the messiah savior of UH (especially for single DPS), no matter what change comes with 7.1.5.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HarpuiaBlade View Post
    Are there any other legendaries tied to talents? What if the tooltip just changes from defile to dnd when defile isn't taken?
    Tied more or less. For shadow priests for instance, if you have Mangaza's Madness, you're basically forced to take Shadow Insight as a talent.

This is the first one i've seen that has a requirement for a talent though. They'll change that, I'm sure.
    Last edited by mmoca8ce0d61b6; 2016-11-16 at 09:02 AM.

I guess devs took a vote and made bets pre legion release to see what spec to troll for the entirety of the expansion... i guess unholy won.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumai258i View Post
    Nobody in our studio plays Death Knight and you are just a bunch of idiots who know nothing, anything you could say would never justify a response and you should be grateful for what you have ~ Blizzard 2016
    According to what they said about the class mounts they should have at least one artist playing DK, Unholy probably considering the color scheme. Definitely no one from the Balancing team however.

Hey guys,

I am new here and maybe saying stuff that has already been repeated. As all of you I am also playing UH DK now and this "defile playstyle" is a bit problematic in my opinion. I am thinking of EN and actually trying to figure out other than Nythendra and Ursoc if the skill would be good for any other encounter. Even in WOD when I chose defile sometimes I would always have to pray a bit not to get feared or have to run with a debuff and shit in order to make the most of my defile(not to mention please let the boss stay still for a bit). As it was said in this thread I think as burst AOE we are very high(epidemic, D&D with IC & DT on ghoul and popping wounds on all targets). The main thing I see is sustain single target and that is because in my opinion UH is a worship to RNGesus like no other. But the catch is that even if RNGesus is with you it still could be an issue because it can either cause you to cap resources OR not being able to keep 3 runes on CD because of all the RC procs OR having to override your RC to avoid capping resources.

Even the artifact weapon I think has some traits which are not that proper.
    The double doom skill is nice in theory, like ok just hold on to your DC and spend them when it is most convenient. The problem is that while you are hanging on to the DC-s you are generating runic power and at some point you will have to spend them to avoid capping resources, which if you are "lucky" will give 2 RC and it will make you override the buff.
    The shambler is a nice addition to the whole UH minions playstyle, but even that has the issue that is spawns and comes to the target and explodes. The problem I see is that if the target moves, the shambler doesn't chase it to the new location but explodes at the old one so you loose a good amount of DPS. Since it is RNG when it spawns you can't rly control it sadly. In my opinion it would be better to make the blade explode or something just to make sure you get that damage onto your target.
    Scourge of worlds is a nice thought but at least for me it is very hard to depend on it. The problem is that it is applied to the target after casting DC. The thing is that after you finish dumping your RP(if you cast multiple coils and you are again lucky you could override the debuff on the target but oh well...) if the last DC you cast aplies the debuff, there is no guarantee that you have wounds on the target. Since the prio is popping more wounds(specially with the bracers) you need to stack 5 at least before you SS, which means that by the time you stack the wounds(again this is a situation that can happen quite often but not all the time) the debuff is gone OR you barely get 1 SS with the 30% extra damage. Wouldn't it be simpler to say that DC make your next.. 2-3 SS do 30% more damage? That way I am sure i will get 2-3 SS with the extra damage.

Of the top of my head these were all the frustrations I could think of but I am sure i will remember more :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/144280-death-march

So we get to reduce the cooldown of defile... is that some sort of twisted humor. It is not even competitive to use atm, and it requires a talent.

Or do we get defile as a baseline talent as another comfort band-aid in UH spec?
    It is most likely a data mine issue. This probably deals with DnD and Defile but only the defile section got datamined.

If it is both DnD and Defile then it isn't a bad Legendary compared to others.

It isn't the worst legendary in the patch.

It works with death and decay, the tooltip is just if you take defile, if you hover over the defile part it says :

"PH Death And Decay CDR
    Death Strike and Death Coil reduce the remaining cooldown of Death and Decay by 2.0 sec."

Still mediocre as fuck though, but it might push defile a bit more if mastery trash.

It'll be nice in mythic+ though so you can cleave even more stuff down.

This legendary fails to improve one of the only issues we have now, Which is sustained ST damage. Our aoe dps is FINE. Not the best but far from The worst. It's good enough for me right now, why does blizz think that we are "okay." This is what happens when nobody on the dev team mains an unholy dk. They probably think this rng depend mess of a playstyle is fun. It has potential, but blizz failed hard in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    It says

Equip: Defile

Which I'm taking to mean that it gives you Defile for free.
    You guys are missing this. We get Defile for free with this legendary. This is a very large buff for UH, we basically will always have a 2k mastery buff, which is a pretty sizable increase. The stats on the helm are near BIS as well, if only it had haste over mastery.

I find this helmet very interesting. Having defile up most of the time might make it competitive with soul reaper if you can force the cool down to zero reliably when there's movement and keep it up the vast majority of the time.

what i've always wondered is: why can't they make DnD and Defile behave like Remorseless Winter and Immolation Aura? would improve their quality of life so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by zDiverz View Post
    You guys are missing this. We get Defile for free with this legendary. This is a very large buff for UH, we basically will always have a 2k mastery buff, which is a pretty sizable increase. The stats on the helm are near BIS as well, if only it had haste over mastery.
    As has been already explained in this thread you don't get Defile for free with it. Also the buff will be roughly 1.3k on average not 2k, that's the end of the buff which is up for a shorter amount of time than the rest of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zDiverz View Post
    Even IF you did get it, the last thing DK's need is to be balanced around bullshit legendaries.

We need stable results, no matter the legendaries. There is always gonna be a class that is lowest, but there is no reason the melee with lowest mobility should be in the bottom when we are talking patchwerk with no legendaries across all specs.

A legendary item that buffs a specific talent is a terrible design if you ask me. They should completely redesign the item, maybe interacting with Death coil somehow or any other baseline Unholy spell.

I like the idea of having double doom enhance our sudden doom death coils, just like how howling blast works with frost as well as make DC cost more rp to use. This is what the double doom trait should've been. I like how blizz decided all of our golden traits needed to be rng passives. Like we don't have enough rng already. Blizzard dk devs must've been high af designing this spec. Thinking that a pure rng combo point system was "fun and rewarding"

Deleted
    The tooltip says "equip: Defile" meaning it's the tooltip for when you have defile selected as a talent. Basically, it's almost guaranteed that it'll work with DnD. Big chance this will also be a blood legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HarpuiaBlade View Post
    Are there any other legendaries tied to talents? What if the tooltip just changes from defile to dnd when defile isn't taken?
    Well, Enhancement have 2 legendary items that require you to use Frostbrand (our 50% movement slow), something you hardly use in PvE. But if you are going to use Frostbrand in your rotation, it's a no-brainer to pick the talent that adds a proper damage component to it, which is already the best talent to pick in the row.
    Last edited by Santti; 2016-11-19 at 01:54 PM.

Its baselined for DnD and it changes to defile if talented, its gonna be a pretty good legendary for mythics+ trash.