Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Reklia View Post
    Perhaps Blizzard should implement a system where you need to play a certain hero for x amount of time in quick play before you can use them in ranked.
    I may be wrong in assuming this, but don't you have to reach a certain level to queue for Ranked in the first place?

10+ Year Old Account
    So either release her now and cause some anguish in the waning hours of season 2, or release her shortly before the start of season 3 and have people complaining that she's too new and their placement matches were borked by green Sombras (particularly for the console folks). Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Just restrict her from season 2? Meh. If she's released then just let people play her imo. I could see them implementing this for future characters if there's a big fuss over it, however, again I could see a protest over such a restriction.

Perhaps Blizzard should implement a system where you need to play a certain hero for x amount of time in quick play before you can use them in ranked.
    Given how many games I've been in where you have to negotiate and beg people to switch to tank and support, that would be a terrible change. "For the love of god someone pick a tank? Oh, none of you have played a tank in QM to unlock them in comp?" FML.
    Last edited by Daws001; 2016-11-17 at 03:09 PM.

Its fine and all when people switch when the realise they'e doing a shitty job. But with new heroes bring a fresh wave of stubborn immaturity. Refusing to switch because they want to play the new hero.
    Yeah at least the Genjis, Tracers, Widows and Hanzo 'mains' gave up 2 weeks after launch.

A year later, you don't see those 4 heroes get insta locked every single quick match and every single comp game between 2000-3000 SR.

Wait.

Thats not right at all.

I'm not sure, its one of those things that could be good on paperwork but in practical it wouldn't work,

Also, I'd imagine this sceanrio would happen a lot, 5 people get their chosen heroes, you need to play another healer lets say, the only one you have access to is taken and refuses to swap, leaving you with a role that the comp doesn't need

Deleted
    Ana came out during Season 1. I don't remember this kind complaining on her :O
    Last edited by mmocc3c51e9c0b; 2016-11-18 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Stupid message for less stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Because the meta was already tired and stale. If you can't handle adaptation, then that's a personal shortcoming. Same thing goes for League, which I play.
    The point is that you shouldn't shift the meta MID-SEASON.
    Perplexing how this is a difficult concept for people to understand.
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]

I actually agree with the OP, just a little less dramatic :-p.

Since her release I'm grouped up with a sombra every game. While there are some peeps actually very good with her, lot's really aren't (yet).

Then again, the opposite team has the same issue, so that kinda balances it out. Would've been better to wait that one week with her release in competitive though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosoulsu View Post
    Mid season? It's the end of the season.....

If you haven't gotten to your desired rank at this point adding a new Hero won't really effect you either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seasons aren't tournaments. There's nothing that suggests they shouldn't patch or add things mid-season.

It wasn't mid-season though, if it's 1-2 weeks...

But sure, it would've been a better option to just disable Sombra for ranked for a short while I suppose, if it wasn't because I find the extremely bland meta just that...it needed the shake-up.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2016-11-18 at 03:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am of the mind that Blizzard shouldn't let the meta stagnate for to long. The more meta shake-ups the better.

15+ Year Old Account
    They push balance changes throughout the entire season as well. It's not like any season has gone the entire length without some sort of balancing changes.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

If your afraid that the changes in the meta will result in your rank dropping, then you might want to consider... NOT playing competitive for the next week?

I have absolutely no problem with major game changes being delivered mid season; I'd rather have changes that make unviable heroes like Pharah viable and new characters to play as when they are finished rather than arbitrarily waiting until the end of a season for Blizzard to patch them in, or being able to play said changes in competitive.

I really don't get how the 11th week in a 12 week cycle is considered mid season... lol

TBH I kind of thought she would be banned from comp, and found out she wasn't. That didn't change things much for me I only saw her once on my team in 10 comp games since she came out.
    She will be banned from tournaments just as Ana was

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    If your afraid that the changes in the meta will result in your rank dropping, then you might want to consider... NOT playing competitive for the next week?
    What if you were trying to push the next tier...
    If you were only a few games away from jumping a tier which means better rewards with only a week left before we get them. Why would you stop playing now?
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2016-11-19 at 01:09 PM.