Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dear anyone: If you are actually offended by this harmless joke, you're as dumb as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    37 pages..why is it always the most pointless topics that make the most pages?

This is why the world is not evolving enough
    Would it be a pointless topic if it was "Ex-Girlfriend Dummy - Because stabbing is illegal"

The outcry would be tremendous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Dear anyone: If you are actually offended by this harmless joke, you're as dumb as shit.
    You're actually saying more about yourself and your inability to recognize two sides of a very real problem.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    37 pages..why is it always the most pointless topics that make the most pages?

This is why the world is not evolving enough
    Because you people keep bumping it. There has been well over 300 posts almost identical to yours.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    You set a great example.

I don't understand these "lol SJW" or "professional victim" comments. Everyone has a right to give opinion about something, saying otherwise is like taking a jab at free speech. I guess common decency isn't so common anymore.
    Get off the high horse before you Christoper Reeve yourself, mate

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Yes the mere thought of people seeing the double standard has triggered a lot of people.
    There is no double standaard until there is an ex-gf item and people get triggered by that even more then by this (if that's even possible). Until such time, you just assume people would not accept the ex-gf item, without any proof. Therefor you cant use the non existing item as the argument of why this is bad. Just like me saying I don't like soup because I don't like sausages. They are two unrelated things.

Please only argue with valid concerns, like not wanting to promote physical harm to ex-boyfriend dummies. That's a valid concern. It doesn't promote harm to the actual ex-boyfriend nor is it about domestic violence (note the 'ex'), but it does promote violence on the dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    Double standards are perfectly fine sometimes. This is why the sexes will never be completely 'equal.' So I still don't care.
    I agree with this. It's a tasteless joke, but it's still ok.

Deleted
    TRIGGERED. seriously, it's a joke, don't fucking bitch about it. when you start policing this shit you're just playing the SJWs' game. chuckle at it and make sure to laugh at the SJWs as hard and loud as possible the next time they throw a temper tantrum about something similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know as much as I've bitched about it earlier in the thread I've had some time to think about it. It's not as big a deal as I've made it out to be. It's blizzard's game. They can put in whatever they want. Not my place to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Which, if I'm not mistaken, was changed or removed, yes?
    If the person is refering to a quest that you do as a male Goblin on the lost isle then no it is still in the game in its original form. To be fair though she do cheat on the player character.

Oh and as a female goblin you do the exact same thing to the player characters ex boyfriend.

Basicly if you choose a goblin you get to murder your characters ex-partner.

We all play psychopathic serial murderers and you are upset about a dummy? hah!

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Stop acting like feminists. You make yourself look stupid. This is funny. Ex-girlfriend dummy would be funny too. People who get offended but whatever joke are just silly.

So feminists would possibly be upset about ex-girlfriend dummy. Don't act like them. Don't look for sexism everywhere.

P.S. I could argue this dummy makes fun of women more because it's women who are crazy enough to want to stab their ex :P
    Unless ex-girlfriend dummy was deliberately not put in place to avoid upsetting them but making ex-boyfriend one was seemed as acceptable. Given how Blizzard already went out of their way to appease that crowd in the past with much milder things like "hush, Tyrande", it's not out of the realm of possibility. Which would make it a double standard and as such, sexist. Not the item itself, mind you, most people did worse things in games than stabbing an ex-boyfriend, even if actual one. I know I did. The item is at worst tasteless and a symptom of violence on men being treated as a joke, but it can stay. What is (possibly) sexist is Blizzard's attitude behind it. As for PS, gay men are a thing :3

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Men are being murdered by their partners as well. Men don't flee to shelters because there aren't any!
    Well, not in Poland, that's for sure. Polish men are to be manly and to prepare themselves for the invasion of Putin in Macierewicz's militias that aren't actually prepared for squat. There are some shelters in UK and Canada though. Less than a percent of total shelters, but "it's something".
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-11-17 at 07:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    The opinion split on this thread summed up.

lmao, thats the most excercise porky ever had.

Is it just me or does blobby kinda look like an angrier pink Ethyll Philips?

On topic, toy is fine, had a chuckle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i list the other reasons cause if you looked at the other posts, most of the people (one of your fellow mods) doesent care the gender, they are complaining that it "supports domestic abuse"
    Please source that quote, because you've used it several times now either while lying or simply being wrong.

What I said was it makes light of domestic abuse, which it does as a joke item making fun of it.

You don't need to be offended to know that it's in poor taste and has no value in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    There is no double standaard until there is an ex-gf item and people get triggered by that even more then by this (if that's even possible). Until such time, you just assume people would not accept the ex-gf item, without any proof. Therefor you cant use the non existing item as the argument of why this is bad. Just like me saying I don't like soup because I don't like sausages. They are two unrelated things.

Please only argue with valid concerns, like not wanting to promote physical harm to ex-boyfriend dummies. That's a valid concern. It doesn't promote harm to the actual ex-boyfriend nor is it about domestic violence (note the 'ex'), but it does promote violence on the dummy.
    This argument is FALSE. A double standard exists because of other SIMILAR things being added, then bitched about or changed because its "negative towards women."

People have come up with numerous examples.

10+ Year Old Account
    blizzard could get sued for being sexist if they don't make an ex girlfriend version as well
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Please source that quote, because you've used it several times now either while lying or simply being wrong.

What I said was it makes light of domestic abuse, which it does as a joke item making fun of it.

You don't need to be offended to know that it's in poor taste and has no value in the game.
    Because how does making a joke about something make light of it... comedians, tv, and even your parents/kids/friends and even YOU make jokes about all this kind of stuff every day

man its allmost like thats what comedy is all about
    allowing us for even a moment to laugh at something truly horrible in our world
    and for even just a moment put aside the pain of it, and have some fucking enjoyment
    anyone who knows what humor means and what comedy is truly

funny comedy is ALLWAYS at someone elses exspense, you see someone fall over you laugh, their in pain yeah... but this for a moment lets us laugh about mortaility, lets us feel good, even though someone just got hurt, this is called dealing with the fucked up world we live in

if no one is allowed to make any jokes about anything "in poor taste" then there is no comedy, and there is no laughter
    show me a comedy act, that isnt stupid random bullshit, that isnt at the exspense of SOMEONE!

i would recommend watching bojack horsemen, a show that seems so weird, but really shows this, as how much comedy is derived from dark and that is just one of the MANY things to pick up from the show

but please, tell me atleast 3 funny jokes right now that offend no one ever, and "make light" of nothing
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-11-17 at 11:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    And as we already discussed, WoW isn't an edgy dark humour comedy show, the joke is out of place in this context.

You continue to repeat the same points over and over after people have pointed out the flaw in your logic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Unless ex-girlfriend dummy was deliberately not put in place to avoid upsetting them but making ex-boyfriend one was seemed as acceptable. Given how Blizzard already went out of their way to appease that crowd in the past with much milder things like "hush, Tyrande", it's not out of the realm of possibility. Which would make it a double standard and as such, sexist. Not the item itself, mind you, most people did worse things in games than stabbing an ex-boyfriend, even if actual one. I know I did. The item is at worst tasteless and a symptom of violence on men being treated as a joke, but it can stay. What is (possibly) sexist is Blizzard's attitude behind it. As for PS, gay men are a thing :3
    Well, if you try to find sexism you will. You will find any -ism if you want. I am all for equal recognition of issues of all people. But saying that a joke means that people don't care is an overkill. Most people are simply not aware of certain issues.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    And as we already discussed, WoW isn't an edgy dark humour comedy show, the joke is out of place in this context.

You continue to repeat the same points over and over after people have pointed out the flaw in your logic.
    except it is, who says wow is a "edgy dark humour comedy show"
    but this game has lore about rape, murder, domestic abuse and genocide
    this game has quests about genocide,murdering innocents, and oh yeah a quest where you gun down your EX girlfriend and her new boyfreind... where is the backlash on that quest
    there is ingame visuals of families being hung in trees, impaled on spikes, forced to fight eachother to the death, used as target practice
    there is TONS AND TONS of humor in the game
    there is tents made of human skin

but man, as i said i guess this game is just a babeh gaym that a joke about wanting to stab your ex boyfreind is the worst thing that has EVER been put in this game...

also please, what is the flaw in my logic? its a J-O-K-E in a game filled to the bring with fart, poop, sex, and many other funny, or just cringe worthy jokes,there has been tons of other jokes about things like domestic abuse, driving drunk, and even being bisexual (example is the quest where you pick up a "hot babe" 2 females, and one who is a male blood elf who well ;3), hell there is a panda who makes jokes about "a bunch of vermin make me do tons of weird things.... all including carrots....."

also something doesent need to be "dark" or "edgy" to make jokes... this kinda thing is very common in other games, but suddenly its such a big deal
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-11-17 at 11:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    None of those scenarios you mentioned are depicted by a comedy toy item.

Nor are they meant to be funny.

If you have a point, make it. Because you're comparing apples to oranges, and making a few strawman arguments to boot.