Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    And everybody knows that violence against men is funny or cool.
    It's a digital toy.

If you, or any as an adult, can't see the difference in real life, and a game - I suggest for the safety of others, they should leave.

Seriously though, it is a shit thing in real life but everywhere you step can't become a safe place. Ever since this thread has appeared, I am just waiting for people to raise their complaints about PvP being murder. Pet battles being abusive and raiding invading. We can't wrap everything up in bubblewrap for safety.

Getting ready for World of Warcraft in 2017
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It's a digital toy.
    If you, or any as an adult, can't see the difference in real life, and a game - I suggest for the safety of others, they should leave.
    Seriously though, it is a shit thing in real life but everywhere you step can't become a safe place. Ever since this thread has appeared, I am just waiting for people to raise their complaints about PvP being murder. Pet battles being abusive and raiding invading. We can't wrap everything up in bubblewrap for safety.
    Getting ready for World of Warcraft in 2017
    Then explain why there is no ex-girlfriend punching bag toy...
    The answer to this question is the reason I wrote the comment. We have different standards for the same things. I just pointed that out.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    The answer to this question is the reason I wrote the comment. We have different standards for the same things. I just pointed that out.
    There was a thread about an ex-girlfriend one... but even so.. Shouldn't matter.. just a toy

- - - Updated - - -

And even so, how come this one first? And not the AT LEAST 10 other cases on the toy list?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Furious Spoon View Post
    I showed you the meaning of the word after you tried saying it was used inaccurately. You put up the definition of a different word. It's not a battle, you just didn't know what the definition of what homophobia was. I thought I'd help you with that.
    You're using an arbitrary definition to suit your needs. Phobias are fears. No discussion to be had.

The word phobia is generally paired with a latin prefix to define what the fear is of. If we were going by that standard homophobia would be fear of the same, not of homosexuals.
    You almost had it. Going by that standard (using non-arbitrary definitions), homophobia could be used to describe the fear of sameness, monotony, homosexuals, becoming homosexual, and/or, technically, homo sapiens.

Homophobia is a term people use to describe hate and/or fear of homosexuals.
    Yes, people use words incorrectly. "Communist" is oft used to accuse someone of being un-American. I'll continue with trying to use words as logically as I can. There is no logic behind a phobia being hatred.

If you want to continue arguing definitions, by all means. But it's a bit off topic.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

I don't find it offensive, but I do recognize the double-standard that it highlights.

Plus, it's an ex-boyfriend dummy. Where's the option for lesbians/straight men to beat up an ex-girlfriend dummy? It's inherently sexist for more than one reason.

I think your all missing the obvious reason why it's ex-boyfriend.

it likely uses the same model as the portable targeting dummy which uses a male model, and blizzard can't be assed to make a new model or re-texture it, so they called it an ex-boyfriend cause there isn't a female texture.

y'all are reading too far into this (54 pages, c'mon)

it's a stupid toy, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    You're using an arbitrary definition to suit your needs.
    No, I'm using the word how it was defined in dictionaries. You're trying to disassemble the word to its roots to reach a different definition so you can condescend to people. You know the definition now, no excuse to pretend that it isn't the definition. Buck up, being wrong isn't the end of the world.
    Last edited by Furious Spoon; 2016-11-29 at 09:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mitre27 View Post
    But beating your ex bf is great?
    noone said it is or suggested to do so.

And everybody knows that violence against men is funny or cool.
    Violence against men is celebrated, most of the time by men themselves. Not seeing the problem here, other than something to get poutraged over this particular week. Next week it will be something else, I'm sure.

No, I'm using the word how it was defined in dictionaries. You're trying to disassemble the word to its roots to reach a different definition so you can condescend to people. You know the definition now, no excuse to pretend that it isn't the definition. Buck up, being wrong isn't the end of the world.
    >>Calls me condescending
    >>Tells me to buck up

Yeah, I can tell you're just trying to mess with me now. Without any actual moral or intellectual high ground, you're having to bend pretty far backwards to look down your nose at me.

You've shown your lack of interest in the etymology of the words you use, so any further conversation of roots and meanings would be lost on you. There's no helping those that cling to their believed truths like a drowning man to a life preserver. Until the next topic of dialogue!

Adieu, auf wiedersehen, gesundheit, farewell
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

You're all as bitchy and insecure as the same radical feminists you all make fun of.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    You're all as bitchy and insecure as the same radical feminists you all make fun of.
    Want to point out that the issue here is Blizzard's hypocrisy. The item itself is arguably a non-issue, but Ji Firepaw, Jaina's autographed portrait, and Tyrande's Silence tell us that Blizzard should be against this, regardless of how harmless it is.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Yup, extremists on both ends are ridiculous. A lot of these are the same people that will tell you that political correctness is the devil.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Awww, your manhood is insulted because of no similar toy for men? Of course we have different standards. Men and women dont run in the same sports tracks or participate in the same sport team. Men can and SHOULD take a joke about being the target of physical revenge from a spurned woman. Men shouldn't protest they don't get their own girlfriend toy. It's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    I don't find it offensive in the slightest. Bunch of fragile millennial losers.

They should put an ex-girlfriend one to beat up though for us lads.
    The 2nd statement makes it apparent that you agree with the vast majority of the people complaining on this Thread and can see that there is a double-standard regarding how Blizzard tackles this type of items.

Does that make you yet another "Fragile Millennial Loser"?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    >>Calls me condescending
    >>Tells me to buck up

Yeah, I can tell you're just trying to mess with me now. Without any actual moral or intellectual high ground, you're having to bend pretty far backwards to look down your nose at me.

You've shown your lack of interest in the etymology of the words you use, so any further conversation of roots and meanings would be lost on you. There's no helping those that cling to their believed truths like a drowning man to a life preserver. Until the next topic of dialogue!

Adieu, auf wiedersehen, gesundheit, farewell
    I am messing with you and I have been laughing at you. You're trying to say the dictionary is wrong because you don't want to be incorrect. This shit is hilarious.

It's pathetic that something like this is even worth a discussion.

As long as people complain about jokes like that, be it either about males or females, the genders will never be treated "equally", and it overshadowes the REAL problems unequality 'causes for REAL people.

From the front page: Sturdy Love Fool - Name changed from "Ex-Boyfriend Dummy" to "Sturdy Love Fool". Summon a Sturdy Love Fool at target location for 5 min. The punching bag acts as a target dummy while it persists. 15 yd range. Instant. Only usable outdoors. 15 yd range. Instant.

Deleted
    so blizzard changed its name good now lock this stupid thread

Good job guys. Instead of focusing your energy on exercise, bettering your local community or standing up against actual injustice, you managed to get the name of a joke toy on a videogame changed to be less inflammatory to your fragile insecurity.