Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Backpedalling is bad and you should feel bad for doing it. For everything else mouse is wildly superior.
    Backpedaling as both an alternate speed and a movement that doesn't change your character facing and avoidance arc for controlled movements is an essential part of proper positioning and movement while tanking and comes up frequently in boss encounters where delicate precise positioning of the boss is required. Just because it doesn't serve a purpose in PVP movements doesn't mean it doesn't serve a purpose.

15+ Year Old Account
    I use WASD to move most of the times, hold right click on the mouse to control the camera and be aware of my surroundings. Only use both mouse buttons to move instead of keyboard a few times.

I've been a mythic raider for years and reached 2k in arena like this, so i guess it's alright.

One thing I notice that has hardly been mentioned in this thread is that keyboard turning is actually pretty common for healers. That's mostly because the mouse is usually busy with spell targeting, and thus impractical to use for adjusting direction (especially on healing classes with a decent number of heals that can be used while moving).

That said, I (like many others here) use a combination of keyboard and mouse. As DPS and tank, I mostly hold RMB to control facing and move forward/strafe with W, Q, and E, while using my right thumb to maintain my rotation (with my Razer Naga Elite). As heals, it's a lot more situational. Mostly I still use the DPS/tank method, but on my druid, I sometimes keyboard-turn while spamming Rejuv and moving.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Backpedaling as both an alternate speed and a movement that doesn't change your character facing and avoidance arc for controlled movements is an essential part of proper positioning and movement while tanking and comes up frequently in boss encounters where delicate precise positioning of the boss is required. Just because it doesn't serve a purpose in PVP movements doesn't mean it doesn't serve a purpose.
    I've tanked various high level raids (no mythics yet, but old heroics, among others LK25HC), and yes backpedalling has its uses there rarely, but that's not what the OP is talking about.

99% of the people that use click to move are bots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranxie View Post
    One thing I notice that has hardly been mentioned in this thread is that keyboard turning is actually pretty common for healers. That's mostly because the mouse is usually busy with spell targeting, and thus impractical to use for adjusting direction (especially on healing classes with a decent number of heals that can be used while moving).

That said, I (like many others here) use a combination of keyboard and mouse. As DPS and tank, I mostly hold RMB to control facing and move forward/strafe with W, Q, and E, while using my right thumb to maintain my rotation (with my Razer Naga Elite). As heals, it's a lot more situational. Mostly I still use the DPS/tank method, but on my druid, I sometimes keyboard-turn while spamming Rejuv and moving.
    This is very, very true. I often keyboard turn on my resto druid b/c yeah I can cast and move thanks to all the instants, which means my mouse is otherwise occupied with said spell casting.

So those of you who "kick keyboard turners" ought to be aware that for some specs there's reasons and times when it's okay.

I don't use it much if at all when playing dps classes though.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    This is very, very true. I often keyboard turn on my resto druid b/c yeah I can cast and move thanks to all the instants, which means my mouse is otherwise occupied with said spell casting.

So those of you who "kick keyboard turners" ought to be aware that for some specs there's reasons and times when it's okay.

I don't use it much if at all when playing dps classes though.
    There is never a time when keyboard turning is superior though. Never ever. Maybe you can get away with it but it will never be optimal. Healers still have to move properly too.

Deleted
    Only bad players can't play with keyboard turning.