Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Even if said religion states explicitly that all those not of said religion must be killed? Religion cannot be used as a crutch to commit crimes. Keeping a close eye on such people is only reasonable.
    You keep a close eye on terrorists, not muslims. That can be done through regular intelligence gathering and standard security we've been having for the past 8 years. We don't need a registry. It's just an excuse to hatefully categorize a predominantly brown-skinned religion.

Even if said religion states explicitly that all those not of said religion must be killed? Religion cannot be used as a crutch to commit crimes. Keeping a close eye on such people is only reasonable.
    Can you find a religion that hasn't ever used parts of its text to justify violence?

Quote Originally Posted by JadedTauren View Post
    You keep a close eye on terrorists, not muslims. That can be done through regular intelligence gathering and standard security we've been having for the past 8 years. We don't need a registry. It's just an excuse to hatefully categorize a predominantly brown-skinned religion.
    One cannot ignore the impetus. The fact is that a 2013 study by the Brookings Institute found that 77% of terror attack plots in the United States were motivated by Islam. A 2015 study found that 99.5% of all suicide attacks worldwide were also motivated by Islam.

One cannot ignore the impetus. The fact is that a 2013 study by the Brookings Institute found that 77% of terror attack plots in the United States were motivated by Islam. A 2015 study found that 99.5% of all suicide attacks worldwide were also motivated by Islam.
    So what you're saying is that we need to monitor young men. Lets get on that.

There are rarely any Islamic attacks in the United States. I think there was one in the last 6 years? The Orlando night club shooting, and even that looked to be a gay thing rather than a Muslim thing. People, especially those who follow Trump, seem determined to push this narrative that we're constantly under attack, living in a warzone, when the truth is ISIL/ISIS and other Muslim terrorist groups operate almost exclusively in the Middle East and Europe.

We are not in a war zone. We are safe. Again, this registry is just an excuse to hatefully categorize people of a predominantly brown skinned religion.

"X group is bad therefor its ok to violate their civil liberties" is the same excuse we hear every time. Jews, Japanese, same old song and dance. But this time its different!

There are rarely any Islamic attacks in the United States. I think there was one in the last 6 years? The Orlando night club shooting, and even that looked to be a gay thing rather than a Muslim thing. People, especially those who follow Trump, seem determined to push this narrative that we're constantly under attack, living in a warzone, when the truth is ISIL/ISIS and other Muslim terrorist groups operate almost exclusively in the Middle East and Europe.

We are not in a war zone. We are safe. Again, this registry is just an excuse to hatefully categorize people of a predominantly brown skinned religion.
    You forgot this recent one Mate ..2years ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_S...nardino_attack

In the Inland Regional Center attack, 14 civilians were killed.[7][60][61] They ranged in age from 26 to 60. Nine were residents of San Bernardino County; the others were from nearby Riverside, Los Angeles, and Orange counties.

The Perpatraitors

10+ Year Old Account
    A 2015 study found that 99.5% of all suicide attacks worldwide were also motivated by Islam.
    One might wonder why you or the study's authors feel the need to specify "suicide attacks" rather than attacks in general. Are you more dead from, say, a truck bomb, if someone was in the truck at the time instead of parking the truck and wandering away before it goes off?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    "X group is bad therefor its ok to violate their civil liberties" is the same excuse we hear every time. Jews, Japanese, same old song and dance. But this time its different!
    It's never different. Different faces, same ideals, and they think they've come up with a bright new plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    A Muslim Refugee from Burma walked into an Australian Bank yesterday and burnt 27 people.

So I totally agree with Trumpys Muslim Register

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...0311d88e7bcb35

Muslim refugee with gallons of flamable liquid

the Aftermath

There are been tons of attacks by alt right conservative types ... they make up liek two of the top 3 terrorist threats to america, there was just some officers killed in a terrorist attack recently.

God and people wonder why I call this forum mini fucking storm front.

- - - Updated - - -

You forgot this recent one Mate ..2years ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_S...nardino_attack

In the Inland Regional Center attack, 14 civilians were killed.[7][60][61] They ranged in age from 26 to 60. Nine were residents of San Bernardino County; the others were from nearby Riverside, Los Angeles, and Orange counties.

The Perpatraitors

What about the white congressman who was mobilizing a militia to take out an entire town including schools and killing children.

I always get a kick out of how absolutely terrified Americans are of Muslims.

This atheism/agnosticism debate is really stupid and based on propaganda unfortunately.

Atheism is the active belief that gods do not exist.
    Agnosticism is a lack of belief either way. They do not believe a god exists or does not exist.

Older dictionaries use the correct definition of atheist, which is derived from the Latin, which means "without god".
    Newer dictionaries have decided to segregate the definition for seemingly the purpose of propaganda and have termed the phrases "weak atheism" and "strong atheism".
    "Strong atheism" is the correct meaning of atheism, an active belief that no gods exist.
    "Weak atheism" according to these sites is the lack of a belief in a god. This is just agnosticism because it leaves open the possibility that a god might exist. Whether you believe in a god or not, according to most people, does not affect whether it exists or not.

Atheism is a belief system (if you can call something a system if there is only one item in it).
    Agnosticism is a bit more arguable in this regard because it does not necessarily include any beliefs either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    There are been tons of attacks by alt right conservative types ... they make up liek two of the top 3 terrorist threats to america, there was just some officers killed in a terrorist attack recently.
    God and people wonder why I call this forum mini fucking storm front.
    What about the white congressman who was mobilizing a militia to take out an entire town including schools and killing children.
    Well we are at war with ISIS. so its better to be safe than sorry
    And Trumpy plans to step up the war against ISIS .

Who knows there might be a ISIS sympathizer in your neighbourhood

During WW2 and the War with Japan..
    America locked up Japanese civilians into camps..
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...nese_Americans

So being anal to minority is nothing new.. especially to a potential enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    Atheism has no facets of belief tied to it. There is no evidence of a god, so we reject the claim. What part of that involves a belief?
    A god could exist. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Science cannot 100% prove that no god exists right now, so atheists are taking a small leap of faith to the conclusion that no gods exist.

Well we are at war with ISIS. so its better to be safe than sorry
    And Trumpy plans to step up the war against ISIS .

Who knows there might be a ISIS sympathizer in your neighbourhood

During WW2 and the War with Japan..
    America locked up Japanese civilians into camps..
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...nese_Americans

So being anal to minority is nothing new.. especially to a potential enemy.
    You think the Japanese Internment was justified?

I've met quite a few Muslim and Arab people, having lived before in an area with lots of immigrants. We would give our neighbors some of the things we grew in our garden, and they would give us some things they grew. I am 100% convinced that most of you who are real gung ho about this shit have never actually met them.

They don't make me nervous at all. The people that make me nervous are the guys with confederate flags on their trucks that give me cold stares. You know, the 'real' Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You think the Japanese Internment was justified?
    At the time. In the 1940s YES.. Who knows what kind of spying or sabotage they could have caused.

Do you really think anyone's reason for supporting this registry is because they're fucking brown? Really? Straw man much? I bet you can come up with some other good reason why one might want to create such a thing.

And I'd suggest you're hopelessly naive if you believe the NSA doesn't already know every immigrant we've admitted over the last decade or so. You'd also be naive to think that they couldn't have a list of immigrants from Pakistan on the President's desk in an hour. They could have the same list of white people born in northern nebraska over the last 25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    no, but absence of evidence IS absence of evidence, with 0 reputable facts of their existing a god, why is it a leap of faith to say "bring us evidence".
    That's not a leap of faith, but that's not atheism.

edit: I won't be commenting on this anymore even though I feel someone is going to keep arguing. I stand by my original statement. It is 100% factual.

At the time. In the 1940s YES.. Who knows what kind of spying or sabotage they could have caused.
    Why does your fear weigh higher than their civil rights?