Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New legendaries!! Lets discuss!!

Aside from the 3 trinkets [ tank, heal, dps ] we got 3 specific pally legendaries. http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/144273-maraads-dying-breath, for heals.http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/144358-ashes-to-dust, for dps. http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/144275-saruans-resolve for tank.
    I just loved the new legendaries, all of them are freaking awsome. Dps trinket or shoulder are just BIS. With should i9magine the combo: Cs,Blade,Cs,Cs or Blade, Jud, Crusade + trinket, TV, Cs or Blade, TV, WoA, and keep goin. Man....poor bosses. If u are lucky enought to have both the shoulder and cape......if u do not top the dps u are just badddd.
    ps: But with my luck, i wont get any of those......

As a Holy Paladin, I am pretty happy with the changes to Chain of Thrayn and to a lesser extent Uther's Guard. The new healing trinket, Valen's Future Sight, is exciting but I wonder what it's cool down will be? I would like to play around with Maraad's Dying Breath but at what point is Light of the Martyr too dangerous to use? I realize you can mitigate the damage but mistakes will be made lol.
    Last edited by Pattiecakes; 2016-11-16 at 06:40 PM.

New hpala cloak looks absolutely bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    I would like to play around with Maraad's Dying Breath but at what point is Light of the Martyr too dangerous to use? I realize you can mitigate the damage but mistakes will be made lol.
    Idk, without criting i find my LotM kinda weak, when i pop wings, it does a lot of instant heals, i usually toss 2 then HS myself to get me to almost full again. So the cape must be awsome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather enjoy the look of the Prot legendary. HoTP is already a fairly strong heal, giving it a second charge AND lowering the CD even further is... Is just dandy.

It's not quite at the Brewmaster level of "WTFOP", which is good because that thing is getting nerfed, but it's still very strong.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The DPS shoulder does look nice, but I still think the ring + back combo is better since you can just go ham during crusade.

I would love to see how it works out with the shoulders once it goes live.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke42 View Post
    The DPS shoulder does look nice, but I still think the ring + back combo is better since you can just go ham during crusade.

I would love to see how it works out with the shoulders once it goes live.
    shoulders look awesome for AOE burst. Blade > CS > crusade > DS > Wake > DS >CS > DS looks absolutel'y gnarly

Quote Originally Posted by Rothg View Post
    shoulders look awesome for AOE burst. Blade > CS > crusade > DS > Wake > DS >CS > DS looks absolutel'y gnarly
    That combo will be even stronger with the back, hen again we dont choose what legendries we get.

The changes make Uthers guard really good for holy. It not only keeps the small utility it has but it also gets a 15% heal tacked on to it whenever you use a blessing (the old belt effect). Basically a 20 sec CD with freedom. It also has Hpaladins best stats. Really glad to see it become more useful. Also glad that I have it.

I've been happily surprised by Prydaz so far. It's providing 20% of my self-heals (prot pally) on live, and should be much better in 7.1.5.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I just got Liadrin's fury!

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Isn't bonkers used as a positive thing?

Because the cloak sucks.
    1. Ooh, it works with beacon which should have been baseline but the spell still sucks.
    2. Great, you now do 100% more damage to yourself on a spell you shouldn't be using.
    3. Karazhan-cloak is still better.
    Oh boy, you really should use LoTM.

Cloak seems like a wonderful new way to kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by rylai21 View Post
    Cloak seems like a wonderful new way to kill myself
    Bubble lol

At first I was disappointed with the Prot helm, but then I started paying attention to how long my HotP just sits there - off cooldown. Having a second charge would greatly improve its efficiency for me.

It looks like everyone forgot about the belt... 25% extra dmg during avenging wrath/crusade and 70% healing (35% for holy)

Quote Originally Posted by Zedthetank View Post
    It looks like everyone forgot about the belt... 25% extra dmg during avenging wrath/crusade and 70% healing (35% for holy)
    So as Ret I do 25% more dmg during wings?
    This makes it even better than the back

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke42 View Post
    So as Ret I do 25% more dmg during wings?
    This makes it even better than the back
    No it doesn't. The back still works outside of crusade, and will still be the best legendary, the belt will probably beat the ring as the second bis though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Isn't bonkers used as a positive thing?

Because the cloak sucks.
    1. Ooh, it works with beacon which should have been baseline but the spell still sucks.
    2. Great, you now do 100% more damage to yourself on a spell you shouldn't be using.
    3. Karazhan-cloak is still better.
    For 5mans? I'd say this is considerably better. Raids would be a different story. LotM is definitely a spell you should be using in mythic+ (especially higher ones).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    No it doesn't. The back still works outside of crusade, and will still be the best legendary, the belt will probably beat the ring as the second bis though.
    That is going to depend on how long the fight in question is and how much downtime we have during the fight.
    - I imagine on fights lasting about 2,5 minutes ring+belt outdamages cloak+ring.
    - Fights with significant downtime, where most of our DPS happens during burst-windows also (mHeart+mDragons-portal group for sure).