Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    "Cry in?" sounds like a great place to pick up girls.
    Clearly you are not well versed in the old saying, "Dont stick your dick in crazy". lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    The government doesn't have to offer that expression a platform. Just like not funding a nativity sculpture is not hampering free religious exercise.
    But whatever.
    Well by that logic, the gov't can start cutting funding for political beliefs being spoken on campus! Yeah, that wouldn't last long. IKts still intrusive and a complete waste of time as there is no way to actually enforce this without breaking HIPAA laws, if the school wanted to avoid the law.

I also find the practice of the gov't punishing harmless speech completely distasteful.

Deleted
    They should cut most of the funding apart from the basics then if people want a glorified creche they can pay for it themselves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Sorry bro, didn't mean to trigger you. Hope you find a safe space soon.
    Clever, original and witty response. Thanks for playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I also find the practice of the gov't punishing harmless speech completely distasteful.
    So do I, but that's beyond the point.
    Though I'd welcome any funding that encouraged it, freeze peach can't be a defense against funding cuts.

I suspect some of the claims in that article are exaggeration at best and the bias of the writing makes it unworthy of consideration as news.

That said, the bill proposed seems oddly (and contradictory) bureaucratic- which Trump's supporters claimed to not be by in large.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    How does that change anything at all about the fact that they're using that as justification to hack away at its budget?
    Then stop doing it and they can't cut the budget. It's basically a threat bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I suspect some of the claims in that article are exaggeration at best and the bias of the writing makes it unworthy of consideration as news.

That said, the bill proposed seems oddly (and contradictory) bureaucratic- which Trump's supporters claimed to not be by in large.
    Exactly what is exaggeration? It's occurred at the state university I'm currently attending.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Exactly what is exaggeration? It's occurred at the state university I'm currently attending.
    So across the country cry-ins are occurring at American universities? Hmm. I'd at the least like to see a list of the cry-ins and therapy dogs being brought in to colleges across the country.

Big-government republicans, pissing away money on unnecessary legislation as usual.

Deleted
    Wonder how many Bernie supporters you'd find taking part in these "cry-ins"? Not many, I'd guess. I'd have to think they're more pissed off than anything. I mean, first they get shat on for months by the Hillary crowd, their candidate doesn't get the nomination, and then the corporatist neo-conservative elitist establisment candidate who Bernie loses to, hands the presidency to Trump as a gift.

Yeah. Doubt a lot of the people from the Bernie crowd are sitting in a circle crying.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-11-17 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Seems a completely unnecessary intrusion by the govt because kids are overreacting
    If those were private institutions spending their own money, you'd be absolutely right. State universities however receive massive taxpayer funding, and it is not an intrusion of government to call them to account for such frivolities.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Wonder how many Bernie supporters you'd find taking part in these "cry-ins"? Not many, I'd guess. I'd have to think they're more pissed off than anything. I mean, first they get shat on for months by the Hillary crowd, their candidate doesn't get the nomination, and then the corporatist neo-conservative elitist establisment candidate who Bernie loses to, hands the presidency to Trump as a gift.

Yeah. Doubt a lot of the people from the Bernie crowd are sitting in a circle crying.
    I doubt many people period are, but if it was one crowd, it would be hardcore bernouts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    mandatory2 year military service for everyone after graduating hs.
    The quick fix is to simply not graduate from high school, then. Go to community college -> transfer to 4 year university. Continue with education without the nonsense of mandatory service.

Military service is meaningful because it is not mandatory. People willingly sign up to put their lives in danger and represent our interests abroad. Mandatory service increases time to finish education, reduces the number of working years, and floods the military with a bunch of people who are not motivated to be there. Which is to say, shitty soldiers.

Consider thinking about how to maintain a strong military instead of how to stick it to crybabies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Adults crying and whining like this triggers me.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Is the local government funding these groups? If the answer is yes, then I disagree.

The article is clearly about cutting funding to this type of garbage. Counseling should be for people who need it, like I dunno, college campus rape victims, sucides, or legitimate bullying problems. Etc Etc

This... garbage.. WTF...
    Bullying problems? I know you don't really mean this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Therapy dogs are typically brought in by students. And exams being cancelled is rubbish. The number of big name colleges allowing that could probably be counted on one hand. Also, guidance counselors at colleges absolutely provide anxiety counseling and other tools for dealing with mental health strain. Its a huge part of their job description. Have you even BEEN to college?
    Someone in my class requested the exam be moved on the basis that we probably all watched the election and didn't study.

Professor smiled and quietly handed out the exam. We did fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Trigger Warning, Fox News Link: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...ver-trump.html

I can't even put into words the youth of this current generation. Jesus... wtf...
    and these colleges and universities are to prepare the students for the real world
    this is the direct result of every one gets a trophy special snow flake generation
    they was never taught how to handle diversity, how to handle defeat, how to cope with not always getting what you want
    If we have to rely on this next generation to carry this country forward we have already lost

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    This. This is why I'm not going back to college.

OT: Don't think this bill is necessary, and don't support it, but good God people. Cry-ins? Is this real life?
    Intrusion? these colleges and university receive government funding, tax payer money. they have every dam right to intrude

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea my midterm was pushed back and because I'm in a psych course, tey decided to dedicate the class to express our feelings on the election. Can't say I'm mad, but everyone exaggerating what's going to happen is annoying.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.