Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Mythic Guarm done as solo tank + 3Healers

Has anyone ever thought about doing Mythic Guarm as solo tank+3 healers?

I just saw video from Easy, they did it. So no idea how that would work with tanks but here's the link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfuD44pMNH8

Last edited by Leberman; 2016-11-17 at 03:37 PM.

It's a common tactic by the looks of it, to squeeze out enough numbers. The healing is not the hardest part of this fight, nor the tanking (there's no switch mechanic, only the reflect mechanic, so the solo tank would only take as much damage as both tanks anyway)

They still barely beat the enrage timer.

This fight is going to be a brick wall for alot of guilds for a few reasons. Its a patchwerk / dps check fight. The problem is the placement of the fight.

Right now just getting to him will assume you've already cleared M EN and have farmed it generously, your raiders will probably be near 880. IF you can't meet the dps requirements (and you probably wont) gear upgrades are not really an option. You have 1 boss providing reliable upgrades, Odyn. Beyond that you need RNG M+ drops and RNG good legendaries. So gear nerfing dps check bosses won't be very reliable to get above the wall.

The only thing people will be able to do to reliably get above this dps check, assuming you don't have an amazing comp (mages spriests ect) is to get all your dps to 35 artifact points for a 5% dmg boost asap.

Decent healers, bad design and incredible unbalanced classes.

Modern blizzard quality at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarzog View Post

This fight is going to be a brick wall for alot of guilds for a few reasons. Its a patchwerk / dps check fight. The problem is the placement of the fight.

Right now just getting to him will assume you've already cleared M EN and have farmed it generously, your raiders will probably be near 880. IF you can't meet the dps requirements (and you probably wont) gear upgrades are not really an option. You have 1 boss providing reliable upgrades, Odyn. Beyond that you need RNG M+ drops and RNG good legendaries. So gear nerfing dps check bosses won't be very reliable to get above the wall.

The only thing people will be able to do to reliably get above this dps check, assuming you don't have an amazing comp (mages spriests ect) is to get all your dps to 35 artifact points for a 5% dmg boost asap.

yeah this is pretty crazy. I've had 3 legendaries drop for my character and none of them are dps increases. Even in 880 I'm capping out just a bit under 400k dps, with legendaries I would be a lot higher but if this is going to be pretty unfair if blizzard balanced the dps check around everyone having dps increase legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by tgrape View Post
    yeah this is pretty crazy. I've had 3 legendaries drop for my character and none of them are dps increases. Even in 880 I'm capping out just a bit under 400k dps, with legendaries I would be a lot higher but if this is going to be pretty unfair if blizzard balanced the dps check around everyone having dps increase legendaries.
    I second this notion, out of the 8 legendaries, I have the 3 worst that don't increase my dps. I'm capping out at 380k single target at 883 ilvl, which is my SIM dps so unless I get to that 5% artifact trait or get a dps increasing legendary how am I supposed to put out more DPS?

Deleted
    To put it into perspective, with 2 tanks and 4 healers, every DPSer needs to do an average of 500k DPS to beat the enrage timer.

With 1 tank and 3 healers, that number is "only" 430k average DPS

7+ Year Old Account

Or maybe it will be a wakeup call to guilds, that they are housing carries and need to replace them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post
    To put it into perspective, with 2 tanks and 4 healers, every DPSer needs to do an average of 500k DPS to beat the enrage timer.

With 1 tank and 3 healers, that number is "only" 430k average DPS
    This is missing the fact that healers and tanks can deal a substantial portion of damage. The enrage timer is decent, but nowhere near as insane as people are suggesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thokri View Post
    Decent healers, bad design and incredible unbalanced classes.

Modern blizzard quality at work.
    Right? Completely opposite from yearly years of WoW, where you had only one working specc for every class, had to grind for ages, some bosses were absolutely unkillable, you needed to stack certain classes, and were unable to bring 1/3 of classes for a real raiding progress. And don't forget - you HAD to clear previous content to be able to enter another tier of raiding. But hey, we have one hard to kill boss in Legion. Completely unplayable right?

IMHO they do a great job producing hardcore mythic content. You raid for a thrill of a kill not for gear. If you need to gear up, you spam mythic+ dungeons.

Do you need a melee to soak with the 1 tank strat? Can someone explain how it works?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Do you need a melee to soak with the 1 tank strat? Can someone explain how it works?
    If no one is within range (I think 5 yards?), the tank will take the normal hit but also the damage that would've been mirror'd to the offtank. Mitigation tanks are doing alright here just because of how the mechanic works and their health pools.

That is how a guild handles adversity, they change their strat instead of exploiting like an honorable guild.

More like 885+.

The way this looks is I'm guessing my casual mythic guild will struggle to kill anything past Odyn in ToV because we don't do split runs and will struggle to reach those ilvls, and don't have alts to stack the raid with so will only have one spriest in the raid most likely. Unless 7.1.5 changes something I guess we're not going to make it very far in ToV :P

The fight will get a lot easier once you get 45+ traits, because you will be able to bring that 4th healer just for keks. 2nd tank is not really needed for anything at all, it just makes it harder to heal, because instead of healing 1 huge meatshield, you have to heal 2.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean barely? They had 1 min left.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    That's heroic enrage timer, the mythic is 4min. And yes most of the guilds did this with 1 tank 3-4 healers, it's not uncommon at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    It's 4 minutes on mythic.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    That's heroic enrage timer, the mythic is 4min. And yes most of the guilds did this with 1 tank 3-4 healers, it's not uncommon at all.
    You are correct. Was under the impression that the enrage timer was also nerfed for Mythic as well... BigWigs enrage timer didn't help either.

As a main healer who killed Guarm first week, I gotta say it's impressive to kill this with only 3 healers. We 1 tank + 4 healed it, and it was pretty hard. We knew 3 healing was a possible alternative, but it'd be hard. Very smart to put one debuff in melee group.

This fight is going to be a brick wall for alot of guilds for a few reasons. Its a patchwerk / dps check fight.
    Compared to patchwerk dps checks such as Butcher and Gruul, Guarm has a lot more mechanics. It's not just a DPS check. The cleansing part is pretty hard. Not the actual cleansing, but the positioning that comes with it. 3 of the same debuff? Good luck not having those 3 people not drop the debuff to eachother. Flame Lick when people are moving to get cleansed? Boom dead. Frost Lick oneshotting Shadow Priest so you wipe to enrage? It felt a lot more like a positional/RNG fight, than a DPS check.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
    Compared to patchwerk dps checks such as Butcher and Gruul, Guarm has a lot more mechanics. It's not just a DPS check. The cleansing part is pretty hard. Not the actual cleansing, but the positioning that comes with it. 3 of the same debuff? Good luck not having those 3 people not drop the debuff to eachother. Flame Lick when people are moving to get cleansed? Boom dead. Frost Lick oneshotting Shadow Priest so you wipe to enrage? It felt a lot more like a positional/RNG fight, than a DPS check.
    Frost lick has a missile, though, and what feels like a tiny delay before it applies. If you're looking you can see it before it appears in frames and dispel the spriest instantly.