Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Lore Character "Power Level" Ranking list

Hey all, I have been thinking of how beings of strength in WoW are ranked. I'm doing a small impromptu list of how they would be ranked in terms of tier. Tier, of course, being a relatively wide range of power itself. So here's what I got:

God Tier: Med'an
    Tier 1A: Light lords(?) and Elune(?), Void Lords
    Tier 1B: Titans/Pantheon, Sargeras
    Tier 2: Old Gods, Azshara, Archimonde, Kil'Jaeden, Empowered Deathwing
    Tier 3: Titan Keepers, Xavius
    Tier 4: Dragon Aspects, Elemental Lords, Lei-Shen, Lich King, Gul'Dan, Empowered Garrosh
    Tier 5: Wild Gods, Loa, August Celestials, Illidan, Malfurion, Khadgar, Turalyon (?), Mannoroth
    Tier 6: Legion PCs (Highlord/Archdruid/Archmage/Deathlord etc), other important NPCs like faction leaders
    Tier 7: Class Hall Champions, Warlords of Draenor (AU and MU)
    Tier 8: Soldiers (other generals/squad leaders)

So, anyone agree/disagree?
    -I put a Tier 1A and Tier 1B because the 1A guys, even if said to be very powerful, really doesn't have an in-game or even in-lore demonstration of their said powers.
    -A crazy, Madness of Deathwing might be a low Tier 2. (I know there's been a thread about Deathwing vs Kil'Jaeden, but it's still possible that they are in the same range of power, even if one is on the high end and the other on the low end.
    -We still have no idea how powerful Azshara really is, but Mannoroth's infamous musings should put her at least in the 2 eredar lord's range
    -Lei Shen's a badass but Ra'Den wasn't exactly in the best state of mind at the time when he was beat. But maybe Keepers should move a tier down? We've beaten so many of these guys before.

I'd like honest thoughts and suggestions. Anyone else important that I missed? I'm trying to figure out the hierarchy of power in all of WoW's lore. Thx!
    Last edited by wooootles; 2016-11-17 at 09:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Khadgar is "cool as cucumber" tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Khadgar is "cool as cucumber" tier.
    Hah. Won't he be the next de Facto Guardian? Anyway, he's probably Tier 4 on my list just because he's also pretty smart.

Deleted
    1. Light Lords, they probably exist, probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tier S: Med'an

It is stupid and worst top what I've seen
    The naaru above Titans and the Old Gods? Really? Azshara, Archimonde, KilDzheden on a par with the Old Gods and above Deathwing? Mannoroth and Xavier stronger Dragon Aspects and Elemental Lords? Arthas on the same level with the Lord and aspects?

10+ Year Old Account
    Need to add Wild Gods, Loa, August Celestials.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    It is stupid and worst top what I've seen
    The naaru above Titans and the Old Gods? Really? Azshara, Archimonde, KilDzheden on a par with the Old Gods and above Deathwing? Mannoroth and Xavier stronger Dragon Aspects and Elemental Lords? Arthas on the same level with the Lord and aspects?
    We don't know the true power of Naaru/Light Gods/Elune or even if they're the same thing. The Elemental Lords and Dragon Aspects have never been as powerful as you have imagined, we've downed 3 Aspects (4 including Deathwing), Ysera is literally Xavius' epic mount. We've downed 2 elemental lords and 1 got owned by a giant squid. KJ is literally the leader of the Legion right now. Arthas remains the only boss that actually beats the raid (until Deus-Ex).

Might agree that an Empowered Deathwing is in KJ/Archi/Azshara's league though. I haven't furiously studied the big thread about KJ vs Deathwing

Need to add Wild Gods, Loa, August Celestials.
    They would be Low Tier 4 or maybe Tier 5 and bump the rest down, do you agree? They haven't been portrayed as very powerful (Lei-Shen has beaten one, we took down corrupted versions) but I think they're still overall more powerful than Legion PCs.
    Last edited by wooootles; 2016-11-17 at 07:24 PM.

Tier NON-cannon: Me'dan

Tier 1A: Unknown

Tier 1B/C: Unknown

Tier 2-A: Possibly Void Lords...maybe.

Tier 3-B: Maybe the titan pantheon/Sargeras, MAYBE the legion PCs...maybe...

Tier 3-C: Likely the Legion PCs by the end of 7.3

Tier 4-A/C: Legion PCs by the end of 7.2, Elune's presence (As seen at the end of the Val'sharah story arc).

Tier 5-A/C: Kil'jaeden/Archimonde, Legion PCs by around the end of 7.1, beginning of 7.2, Old gods, Azshara

Tier 6-A/C: Odyn, Helya, Gul'dan, Fallen avatar of sargeras, Xavius

Tier 7-A/C: Drek-thar, thrall, khadgar, jaina, and others

Tier 8-A/C: Garrosh (Old god infused), MU Gul'dan, and more

Tier 9-A/C: Garrosh (Non-old god infused), Blackhand MU, Kargath MU, Durotan MU, and so forth

Tier 10-A/C: Every mortal character with literally no powers at all, EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    your list
    Thanks, I think your list mostly agrees with mine, although I think your estimation of Legion PCs scale a bit too high.

I'll put Warlords of Draenor (AU and MU should be close to same power levels)

i wouldn't list the faction leaders in general as equal to the player characters. some of them, like sylvanas and baine, would get fucking wrecked by most of the player characters in lore.

i'd put azeroth and elune at the highest in power. azeroth is supposed to be the strongest titan, though i'm not sure if that considers fel sargeras or not. fel sargeras might be stronger than her, though he could technically be weaker and titan fel weakness give him the edge against her 1v1.

7+ Year Old Account
    Powerlevels are stupid. Stop this.

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    We don't know the true power of Naaru/Light Gods/Elune or even if they're the same thing. The Elemental Lords and Dragon Aspects have never been as powerful as you have imagined, we've downed 3 Aspects (4 including Deathwing), Ysera is literally Xavius' epic mount. We've downed 2 elemental lords and 1 got owned by a giant squid. KJ is literally the leader of the Legion right now. Arthas remains the only boss that actually beats the raid (until Deus-Ex).

Might agree that an Empowered Deathwing is in KJ/Archi/Azshara's league though. I haven't furiously studied the big thread about KJ vs Deathwing

What nonsense
    The naaru killed Draenei with a special em, robot, I doubt very much that this will kill the old god or the more Void Lord
    Won 3 Aspects? Against Murozond players helped himself Nozdormu (he povessil buff blessing bronze pack) and Clock Time
    Ysera was not aspect even at that time
    Against helped Malygos red dragons and Alexstrasza
    You will recall that it took to kill Archimonde? Now compare with the killing Deathwing
    Elemental Lords? Okay, AlAkir was weak, but against Ragnaros we needed Cenarius, Malfurion and Hamuul
    Lol no, Neptulon been weakened after a battle with a very powerful sorceress naked, and even so he won Ozumata (see the passage of the chain of the class of shamans)

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    What nonsense
    The naaru killed Draenei with a special em, robot, I doubt very much that this will kill the old god or the more Void Lord
    Won 3 Aspects? Against Murozond players helped himself Nozdormu (he povessil buff blessing bronze pack) and Clock Time
    You will recall that it took to kill Archimonde? Now compare with the killing Deathwing
    Elemental Lords? Okay, AlAkir was weak, but against Ragnaros we needed Cenarius, Malfurion and Hamuul
    Lol no, Neptulon been weakened after a battle with a very powerful sorceress naked, and even so he won Ozumata (see the passage of the chain of the class of shamans)
    And yet a regular demonic guy (AKA Velens son), was able to OBLITERATE a naaru. See what i'm saying?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i wouldn't list the faction leaders in general as equal to the player characters. some of them, like sylvanas and baine, would get fucking wrecked by most of the player characters in lore.

i'd put azeroth and elune at the highest in power. azeroth is supposed to be the strongest titan, though i'm not sure if that considers fel sargeras or not. fel sargeras might be stronger than her, though he could technically be weaker and titan fel weakness give him the edge against her 1v1.
    Thanks. That's why I have Tiers instead of absolute power levels though. As an analogy, picture NBA, NCAA and High school basketball as 3 tiers of basketball. Golden State Warriors (NBA) will wreck the New York Knicks (NBA) 9 times out of 10 but both are also vastly superior to even the best NCAA teams. So I put both NBA teams on tier 1, and I also put faction leaders in one tier.

Likewise I put the Pantheon's members and Sargy on the same Tier even though we know the latter has pwned the former.

We have not yet seen how powerful Azeroth and/or Elune actually is though, just musings. Remember when Krasus mused about the OGs having the potential to beat Sargeras and yet we know now that Titan-tier strength easily disposes of OGs, if they wanted to.

I may have overestimated Malfurion, though.
    Powerlevels are stupid. Stop this.
    You can kindly GTFO then

I think I should bump down Malfurion. Still, LK is the only boss to legitimately kill us, and Lei Shen was weak when we encountered him, in his prime he beat Xuen and Ra'Den
    Last edited by wooootles; 2016-11-17 at 08:20 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    And yet a regular demonic guy (AKA Velens son), was able to OBLITERATE a naaru. See what i'm saying?
    the regular demonic guy nuked o'ros with a fel reaver.

and naaru have different power lvls not everyone has the same power.
    o'ros is weak compared to other naaru like a'dal, xe'ra and t'uure for example.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-11-17 at 08:28 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Of all the arguments, the most stupid is that Arthas killed heroes
    Illidan deafened them and are ready to kill, if not Maiev
    The LC has the dungeon, where the very first boss puts the health of all the characters to 1, and then heals them, saying that it is too easy
    Put it over Sargeras?

I think Mannoroth is probably too high on this tier list. Beaten by Thrall & Grom in wc3, beaten by Grom & Garrosh in WoD, and then beaten by raid in hellfire citadel. Imo he should be around tier 4, or even as low as tier 5. While we're at it, I also think Empowered Garrosh and Turalyon are a tier too high. The only humans that can go tier 5 or higher imo are guardian level mages and probably Tirion Fordring.

LMAO Mannoroth above Illidan and Malfurion

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    LMAO Mannoroth above Illidan and Malfurion
    Legion Illidan may need to be moved up since they made him more powerful to justify this expansion but Im not sure if he would be above Mannoroth. I think Malfurion should still be lower.