10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Weird dual monitor problem. Non-existent before upgrade.

Previously I had a dual monitor set up. Main monitor was HDMI 1080p 60hz, Secondary was DVI 1080p 60hz.

I've since upgraded the Primary to a 1080p 144hz Display port, with the secondary being the old HDMI 1080p 60z.

When the computer wakes from sleep after I have everything configured the way I want, it resets itself. I'll post screen shots of what is happening along with specs, this only started after switching to the new set up.

I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to a Windows problem not a Graphics driver issue. But here are the specs

Correct config

Incorrect config after waking from sleep

The image it chooses will be a random one from the folder that I have my correct ones saved. Notice the drop down menu doesn't let me change individual wallpapers, only one for both screens. This is fixed by a restart or change in display settings.

Some monitors have special setting for waking up from displayport, not sure if yours has or if it will solve the problem but can't hurt to check.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    May be an issue with display port waking up from sleep. Can the new primary monitor be connected via HDMI?
    It can be. I'd like to take advantage of being able to use display port though. I just turned off the options "HDMI Deep Sleep" and "Display Port Deep Sleep"

Maybe that'll fix it. Trying a reboot now.

10+ Year Old Account
    DisplayPort has an energy saving function in which when it receives no video signal or is off it will in essence turn off itself so it doesn't send any signal, and in turn Windows doesn't even know it's plugged in. The only way to get around it is to play around with energy saving settings if you have access to it. If not sometimes there are factory only settings that can be used. Not 100% guaranteed but some models allow it.

10+ Year Old Account
    After turning off the deep sleep options the problem seems to be gone. Thanks all.