Thread: christmas list

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    The trick to deal with the guilt is to give presents in return that are ALMOST as expensive, but not quite as expensive. That way you still get they "well I didn't cheap out" euphoria feeling, but still made a profit.
    A playstation 4 with bloodborne is around 360 Euro. My total budget for christmas this year (assuming i want to eat something every day) is... around 100 Euro. From that i want to buy something for my gf, my brother, and my mom. Yeah, won't work^^

7+ Year Old Account
    A whore,Real prostitute,vodka,vodka,vodka,condoms, big 25 cm dick ,weed,cocaine,and Bis legendarys and Emma Watson for my own erotic dreams.
    Last edited by HordeFanboy; 2016-11-18 at 05:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I really want is a 360 camera which I will be getting as one of the present.

The rest I told people to use their imagination as I don't have anymore immediate need or want unless they want to buy me an Audi TT or R8 (which I already have model version of both of them) or a 3 bedroom house in London.

So yeah I will be getting random stuff lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I never have, but my father kinda failed at being a dad.
    I don't have a dad so didn't get one.

If I have a son in the future, for his 15th birthday I will get him a fleshlight instead.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Too many diaaals, ughh. The day/night thing is rad, though. Also, the second hand is super hard to see in that color. No idea what 3/4 of those extra dials do.

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    Keep in mind that the new Nintendo console (the Switch) is coming out in March and will probably be about the same price as a Wii U in December.
    I figured the U would be less in price or a good Black Friday deal since the new one was coming out.

That's awesome. Reminds me that I should up my volunteering this year
    My daughter had a brain tumor and had to go through chemo for 18 months as part of it. Every Wednesday we sat in chemo section of oncology ward at a children's. Saddest place in the world to me. But one of the things that made it easier was the volunteers that came by. Just talking to the kids, playing games with them, doing crafts with them. Now that she is better, I really wanted us to pay it forward.

If you are serious about volunteering , try your local children's oncology hospital. (If you have one) It's a really shitty thing for any parent to go through and 10X worse for the kids. Little things, like someone to make them smile, is huge.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

I'm going to see where I can volunteer in the community. Relishing in presents and gorging myself is fun and all, but not really in the spirit of the name on the holiday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno really, kinda at the stage now where I'll accept whatever a friend or family member gives me, and I don't ask them what they want I just buy them what I think they'd like.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'm going to see where I can volunteer in the community. Relishing in presents and gorging myself is fun and all, but not really in the spirit of the name on the holiday.
    Not many people are religious to that level.

Many people celebrate Christmas because of the presents and fun times, even though we are not religious. Without all these many of us won't even celebrate Christmas to begin with.

seeing as I won't get it and I really don't need more crap it's kind of pointless.

*my avatar kinda sums it up.....

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post

Many people celebrate Christmas because of the presents and fun times, even though we are not religious. Without all these many of us won't even celebrate Christmas to begin with.
    True, if I didn't get Christmas as a holiday off work, I certainly wouldn't be going home to be with my family. It's basically Thanksgiving 2 for me.

Considering my husband is deployed, and my in-laws don't talk to me at all. My mom will get me whatever I ask... it's usually just an appliance I've been wanting/needing. Like this year... I asked for a nice blender or a standing mixer. I bake a lot... so the latter would be immensely useful.

I have no idea if my husband's internet connection will even hold long enough for him to order something :P We get gifts for one another... but it's usually just 'I want this...', so we agree on a price for each of us. Then we buy it. Smaller gifts are usually the surprise ones. Like this year... I'm gonna replace our wedding bands. We both love Star Wars... so I'm gonna get us a set of 'I love you/I know' rings. He should be amused with it enough to wear it. He loves stuff like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    65" 4K curved TV (most likely will wait till March, the one I want is still $4k)
    PS4 pro (only if it's a special edition that is recoloured or something)
    Alienware 17" VR ready laptop

That's about it... all the big stuff I want is coming for my bday, like the new Nintendo and most likely the first two items on the list.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

It also flips over to show the date... and it has chimes for everything. Two of the dials are power reserve indicators. It is basically the most complicated wristwatch ever made and cost something like $2.6M. Handmade masterpiece.

Of course, if you like simple this stainless steel piece is pure perfection at a bit over $11M.

Hell, just normalish Patek Philippe watches are too rich for my blood. Maybe some day...

Serious: About $500,000 of kitchen equipment and supplies.

Realistic: Fuck it, if anyone wants to buy something, give that money to a charity instead.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Nothing. Nobody would get me any thing anyway.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    It also flips over to show the date... and it has chimes for everything. Two of the dials are power reserve indicators. It is basically the most complicated wristwatch ever made and cost something like $2.6M. Handmade masterpiece.

Of course, if you like simple this stainless steel piece is pure perfection at a bit over $11M.

First, that watch looks freaking amazing for being made in 1943.

Second, we could go crazy and get all ridiculous here:

Nothing, no money this year for anything other than buying presents for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post

Not religious, just driven by my pure blooded hatred for "Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas."

But hey, it gets me out helping the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Not religious, just driven by my pure blooded hatred for "Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas." [/I]
    Care for a quick brief of the plot and why you hate it?