Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Rift 4.0 - Hotfixes

Now that the game was released to the masses and is running, time to sort out the niggly bits, not posted in these notes are the facts that Minions are back and working and that Dungeons and Planar Assault Instant Adventures are now open for business.

RIFT 4.0: Hotfix #1 11/17/2016

NA: 11/17/16 12 PM PST
    EU: 11/18/16 2 AM GMT

GENERAL

* Fixed an issue where the "Spend Legendary Soul Point" would sometimes not work for Presets.

ZONES AND EVENTS

* Because of the magic that happens when you form a bond with another that releases dopamine in your brain, we have made it so you will never attack a unicorn. Alicorns however are terrible and refuse to use commas correctly, thus they deserve death. All hostile unicorns have been replaced by alicorns.

ALITTU

* Quest: Of Devils and Prophecy: General Batua taught how to spell Orphiel’s name right.

ASHENFALL

* Quest: Let the Hate Flow: Ghorgas has had his balance tuned.
    * Quest: Counterfeits: Now directs you to return to Brokenfang in Saint Taranis
    * Quest: The Devil Who Would Be King – Soul Prisons now will no longer regenerate if a player gets out of aggro range. This change also is in effect for the daily version of this quest.
    * The wardstone at Camp Veist now has the correct display name.

GEDLO BADLANDS

* Quest: Uncorking Ceremony: Carli appear and Ambriel now speak about current events, rather than ones from the past.

SCATHERRAN FOREST

* Quest: Tuath'de Blades: Mael Salach and Queen Una won’t spam their scene chewing villainous monologue multiple times at Path’s End.
    * Corrupted Wyrd Spirts and Twisted Ents have been tuned.
    * Quests: Pure Hearted, Kick the Barrel: Now have quest completion text.
    * Quests: Green Thumb Defender, Rock About the Falls, Helping Hand, Gnomergeddeon, Help the Helpless: The objectives for these quests now respawn faster.

XARTH MIRE

* The wardstone at Camp Quagmire now has the correct display name.

ITEMS

* Reduced the level requirement to equip Starfall Prophecy quest loot.

CRAFTING

* Fixed the name of Gedlo Riding Chaps and Prophetic Chaps in the crafting UI.
    * Many foods crafted by Survivalists have had their health regen values increased to 120,000, up from 12,000.

PVP AND ITEM

* ELO is now hidden.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...17-2016-a.html

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Now that the game was released to the masses and is running, time to sort out the niggly bits, not posted in these notes are the facts that Minions are back and working and that Dungeons and Planar Assault Instant Adventures are now open for business.
    You'd think they'd want to make that as obvious as possible given how embarassing it looks that they had to disable those for launch day...but I guess not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You'd think they'd want to make that as obvious as possible given how embarassing it looks that they had to disable those for launch day...but I guess not.
    Confirmed - They're active.

Kind of a big deal. Wonder why they left them out of patch notes?

EDIT: Dungeons up to.

Not sure about the PvP Siege thingy - that's not mentioned either.

At least the planar adventures will give people a way to grind to 70 as one non-patron, non-potion user saying he was over 300million short from 70.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-11-18 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Whole launch was an embarrassment. Guess they seem to think it's ok to have half the content disabled at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get ready for a few more hotfixes over the next few days as they sort out some server issues in EU, it seems Instant Adventures on one particular shard kept causing the Cluster to crash so IAs are disabled for the moment until they sort out the offending shard (bad server!)

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    Short version: There's a specific interaction occurring in Instant Adventures on one specific shard, which then results in the outages in EU you're seeing. Engineers are working on a fix now, but in the meantime we've disabled IA instead of shutting that entire shard down (and locking out numerous players from logging in over the weekend).
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5262413

To compensate for this some goodies have been added with more on the way.

The first part of our compensation pack for the ongoing network issues should be out now. Anyone who logs in will be able to claim the following in the RIFT Store:

Login between now and 11/30 11:59:59 PM server time to receive a Bundle of Affinity, containing 100 Affinity for your account. Claimable from the RIFT Store.
    We'll also be granting additional time to Patron cycles for those affected, who have logged in since all the network issues started late last week. We'll keep that window open until we've finalized the solution. More info later in the week.

Due to the current instability with 64-bit clients, and the fact we're patching over the weekend, we've enabled bonus Affinity gains starting today, and running through the Thanksgiving weekend:

Affinity Rewards have been doubled for Patrons
    Patrons will gain 10 Affinity for logging in daily.
    Patrons can earn up to 6 additional Affinity daily, rewarded 1 per hour.
    Non-Patrons will also earn Affinity at the rate Patrons gain under normal circumstances.

Thank you again for sticking with us over launch week. We'll have everything running smoothly again soon!
    So more Affinity points for everyone and more Patron time to be added for everyone.

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5262410

Right, onto the business at hand, here's hotfix #2.

RIFT 4.0: Hotfix #2 11/19/2016

NETWORK ISSUES COMPENSATION

* All players can log in between now and 11:59:59 PM server time on 11/30 to receive a Bundle of Affinity, containing 100 Affinity for your account. Claim it from the RIFT Store! There is an additional compensation coming next week for Patrons -- stay tuned!

PLANAR ATTUNEMENT

* Wild Overgrowth, Raze to the Ground, and Stormtouched are no longer incorrectly removed by Hasted Shot.
    * Primalist: Resilient Hide no longer incorrectly has a range.
    * Rogue: Fixed a tooltip typo in Raze to the Ground.
    * Warrior: Storm Sigil now correctly grants Strength.

SOULS

CLERIC

PURIFIER

* Flash of the Phoenix can now correctly be cast on dead allies again.

MAGE

* Removed some confusing extra text from the Reaper preset.

ARBITER

*Ebb and Flow, Biting Wind, Misdirection and Swirling Winds no longer have two entries in the player spellbook.

FROSTKEEPER

* Earthen Renewal no longer incorrectly consumes multiple stacks of Telluric Burst.

HARBINGER

* Eldritch Armor is no longer incorrectly consumed by instant effects.

PRIMALIST

* Recategorized the difficulty of several Primalist presets.

BESERKER

* Primal Avatar: Tiger now correctly grants Restrained Fury.
    * Icefall now correctly shows an icon for its snare when applied. Now correctly mentions Shatterforst.

VULCANIST

* Beacon of the Drake: Tooltip has been corrected to indicate it deals damage over time, rather than on cast.

ROGUE

SABOUTEUR

* Charges should no longer break quest polymorphs.

RIFTSTALKER

* Scatter the Shadows is no longer incorrectly dropping the PVP Flag.
    Maelstrom - Hot to the Touch now provides the correct amount of Pushback reduction based on talent points.

SHADEBORN

* Shadeborn is now correctly categorized as an offensive soul.
    * Nexus of Darkness clarified that it cannot affect scourge of darkness.

WARRIOR

* Cleaned up the description of the Freedom Fighter preset.

REAVER

* Dire Corruption tooltip is now more clear.

ZONES AND QUESTS

* Zone Events: The Alittu, Camp Veist, and Camp Quagmire wardstones will now all affect the defend the wardstone objective correctly if destroyed.
    * Quest: Coronation: Tasuil only attends his own coronation once.
    *Quest: Isolation: It appears that Ahnket’s Sentinel was indeed capable of wiping out the known cosmos. We dialed her power back a bit to save some for later battles.

GEDLO BADLANDS

* Quest: Draconian Solution – Fixed a missing map locator for one of the objectives.

SCATHERRAN FOREST

* Story quests given in Feilbocan that give you story companions should now reliably be removed, allowing players to see Tasuil so they can turn in and receive quests.
    *Quest: Mael Salach – Fixed an issue where if a player dropped the quest, they could not get the quest back from the quest giver

ITEMS

* The Notoriety Quartermaster store interfaces now display the Tower Fragment currency.
    *Fixed an issue causing Starfall Prophecy Synergy Crystals to increase Synthesis heals beyond their intended values.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...19-2016-a.html

Wow so Instant Adventures on one shard causes a whole outage?. Fucking hilarious. And now they have to disable that as well. Brilliant. Man this expansion launch can probably now be hands down the worst MMO launch in history. Oh and even they themselves have now admitted the 64 bit client is a piece of trash. Well give them credit at least they admitted it. Explains those outages Wocky was talking about.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-20 at 03:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    this expansion launch can probably now be hands down the worst MMO launch in history
    You clearly don't play all these MMOs you hang about on their Forums "debating" about them, please point out any MMO that has never patched/hotfixed/restarted in the first week of it's launch and/or any of it's Expansions, please, just find me one MMO that has never done that in it's first week.

You clearly don't play all these MMOs you hang about on their Forums "debating" about them, please point out any MMO that has never patched/hotfixed/restarted in the first week of it's launch and/or any of it's Expansions, please, just find me one MMO that has never done that in it's first week.
    Legion was pretty smooth.

But yes, such things do happen to most mmo launches.

Where the hell did I ever say expansion launches don't have issues, have to patch or hotfix? This one has had to disable content twice now. That is not normal for any MMO whatsoever. Nor is one specific servers instanced content causing outages for the rest of them. Stop making up your own illusory arguments. I never claimed at all that every other MMO is perfect and doesn't have to hotfix or patch within the first week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    Legion was pretty smooth.

But yes, such things do happen to most mmo launches.
    Never said they didn't. I said no MMO has had a launch the scale as bad as this. Content having to be disabled twice and specific servers instances crashing the rest of the servers is not normal. Not even Warlords of Draenor had issues on this scale and that was arguably the most slammed WoW expansion because of it's launch.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-20 at 04:25 AM.

Never said they didn't. I said no MMO has had a launch the scale as bad as this. Content having to be disabled twice and specific servers instances crashing the rest of the servers is not normal.
    There was one MMO but it doesn't win by much......Wildstar.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    There was one MMO but it doesn't win by much......Wildstar.
    I do remember launch issues with Wildstar but I don't remember them disabling half the content or specific crashes causing the entire regional server to go offline. So yeah when a expansion launches initially by disabling half of it's content for 2 days then having to disable content because on one specific server it completely shuts down the entire regions servers then yeah I think I can safely say that is the worst launch for an expansion. I remember F2P had major server congestion btw with Wildstar.

If anyone here can honestly sit there and say disabling large chunks of content is normal for an expansion launch then I don't know what to say. I mean yeah Guild Wars 2 disabled the market board due to load but that's 1 tiny piece of content. People were still able to trade as well they just had to to do it directly if I recall. Been 4 years I've slept since then.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-20 at 04:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even Warlords of Draenor had issues on this scale and that was arguably the most slammed WoW expansion because of it's launch.
    Now i know you're definitely having a laugh, even I as someone who stopped playing WoW 6 years ago know about the disaster WoD launch was, there's even multiple Threads on this very site, for example:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...in-WoW-history

when a expansion launches initially by disabling half of it's content for 2 days
    Now feel free to correct me please as it was a long time ago but i was playing WoW at this time but the memory could be going, Wintergrasp, i definitely remember that been disabled, shut off because it was causing the entire zone, which included Dalaran to lag out, wasn't called Lagaran for nothing, also, this i might be wrong, didn't they have to disable Ulduar because you couldn't even zone in because you kept falling through the scenery? correct me on that one as well.

So yeah, NA is playing away fine, EU is now stable with IAs disabled temporarily but hey, lets just keep crashing out EU by turning them back on, that would be an awesome idea.

Now i know you're definitely having a laugh, even I as someone who stopped playing WoW 6 years ago know about the disaster WoD launch was, there's even multiple Threads on this very site, for example:

Now feel free to correct me please as it was a long time ago but i was playing WoW at this time but the memory could be going, Wintergrasp, i definitely remember that been disabled, shut off because it was causing the entire zone, which included Dalaran to lag out, wasn't called Lagaran for nothing, also, this i might be wrong, didn't they have to disable Ulduar because you couldn't even zone in because you kept falling through the scenery? correct me on that one as well.

So yeah, NA is playing away fine, EU is now stable with IAs disabled temporarily but hey, lets just keep crashing out EU by turning them back on, that would be an awesome idea.
    Dalaran was called Lagaran because they shoved 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound sack. Wintergrasp (If it even was, I dont' recall it being disabled) doesn't equal to half of Wrath's content champ.

The only Issue with WOD's launch was 1) The que times was shit and 2) Since everyone was hubbed to one spot the performance there was shit. After a couple day's it was fine since you didn't have 10 million people in one spot. Even those who made it outside that zone said the performance was fine.

Once again shoving 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound sack does this. Nether expansion launch had half its shit disabled.

Edit: The only time a MMO released worse then this was Wildstar and that wasn't by much.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-11-20 at 04:40 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

It was a comparison. Nice cherry picking that quote. Sorry but did WoD disable content twice no? Did they reimburse players with 5 days of game time? Yes. Were specific instances crashing an entire server region or cluster? No. Was there an unstable 64 bit client? Nope. Sorry but Rift has had way more issues than WoD overall. Now instead of cherry picking one specific bit of my quote how about quote it all? I used it as a comparison to Starfall Prophecy in the sense of one of the most slammed WoW expansions didn't have it this bad.

Also no Wintergrasp was not disabled as far as my knowledge goes. And usually I check out past patches of WoW and major bugs such as the old Corrupted Blood one.

Now comparisons aside let me put this clearly. NOBODY here is saying that every MMO in history launched perfectly so don't even try to pull that. What we are saying is no MMO has had to launch with as much content disabled or in a dire state as Starfall Prophecy.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-20 at 04:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    no Wintergrasp was not disabled as far as my knowledge goes. And usually I check out past patches of WoW and major bugs such as the old Corrupted Blood one.
    Might want to expand a bit more on your knowledge then, it was shut down a few times

http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...orary_disabled

Staying with WoW, what about the time Arenas were disabled a few times?

http://www.wowhead.com/news=69390/ar...te-2-30-pm-pst

Now correct me again, but aren't Arenas a big feature of the game so disabling a big feature at a patch launch? surely not!!
    Last edited by Slipmat; 2016-11-20 at 06:03 AM. Reason: removed dodgy link

Might want to expand a bit more on your knowledge then, it was shut down a few times

http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...orary_disabled

http://www.dalaran-wow.com/forums/ne...asp-re-enabled

Staying with WoW, what about the time Arenas were disabled a few times?

http://www.wowhead.com/news=69390/ar...te-2-30-pm-pst

Now correct me again, but aren't Arenas a big feature of the game so disabling a big feature at a patch launch? surely not!!
    Uhm you know that second one you linked is a private server yes which btw is against the forum rules? Also why are we comparing a patch launch to an expansion launch? Also arenas are not half of the content nor is Wintergrasp. Stay on topic please Slipmat. The point we are making is Rift disabled a majority of it's content.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-20 at 05:17 AM.

Big feature doesn't equal half the content.....

Also one of ur links is a private server. The only MMO that has launched anything in worse shape then SP is Wildstar and that wasn't by much. The funny thing is you somehow think if other mmo's did it (They didn't) its somehow ok that it happen to Rift as well.

News Flash, Any game releasing as broken as SP did is NOT a good thing. Every game that releases as broken as SP should be slammed for it including other MMO's. The thing is only one did and it was slammed for it.

Edit: The fact you linked a private server to try to defend ur argument kills all credibility you had. Also I am 100% sure you don't work for Trion now because I don't even think they are that stupid.....But I could be wrong about that.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-11-20 at 05:27 AM.

@Edge I thought we are not allowed to link to private servers of any kind on this forum?

10+ Year Old Account
    you know that second one you linked is a private server yes which btw is against the forum rules?
    As i haven't played or touched WoW in nearly 6 years, wasn't aware, no idea what is or isn't a 'dodgy' site, i just went by Google links

Removed it anyway so you might want to edit your own post where you quoted it with link still present.

Alright y'all, let's keep discussion on Rift please. Not other MMO's, and not other peoples posting habits.