Advice building a cpu this BFriday

Hi Guys, I've been reading a ton but there are just a million options for everything so hopefully I can get a bit of advice on where to go/what to get!

Budget: $1300-1500 CAD
    Resolution: 1440p if possible, monitor budget additional to above (say $350)
    Use: Blizzard games and LoL occasionally. Would like to have WoW max settings. I would like to have room to upgrade or OC in the future.
    Re-usable parts: if I stay at 1080p I have a Dell U2412
    Peripherals: As above, if 1440p is possible I would need a monitor. If 1080p at 144hz is my best bet, I would also need a monitor...

Part of issue is not knowing where to start! There is $139 (CAD) MSI Z170A mobo deal today on NCIX, but there are hundreds of mobo's and I'm not totally clear on why to pick one over another and even which processor to go with and which speed of ram is optimal.

Is G-sync and/or 144hz necessary if I want to bother going to 1440p over 1080? Seems like a non-gsync 27" 1440p monitor runs in the $300 range, which would be affordable for me, but $700+ isn't.

Edit: I feel like I should add that some things feel straight forward to me, like ssd (850 evo is widely accepted), psu (gold+ preferred and wattage depending on psu+gpu+potential OC), and case (personal preference, so long as gpu fits).

Edit2: There are some other great builds in the next few posts, so I'd like to clarify that I'm looking for help with the resolution question, and then how to go about picking pieces during BFriday. (mobo, ram, processor)
    Last edited by Amedon; 2016-11-18 at 09:00 PM.