Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everything in this world has a price tag, families included, love is no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Except for the size of your bank account more than likely.
    We get it, you only care about money.

Have fun with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You.. do know, women can work, right?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jokes on youj.

He has a joint account with his wife.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Id not give up my love for 100 million.
    You would give up 100 trillion for the person you love, if you truly love that person. You would, not losing your senses or intellect, even go as far as give up your entire life for that person, if the situation actually called for that. There's no limit to what you would do for actual, true love. And I'm not talking about some mindless infatuation, either. I'm talking about after a careful, very sober look at the situation, and the ramifications of it.

"Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice."
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You.. do know, women can work, right?
    That is to be given, why wouldn't they work?

I wouldn't want to go out with a leech.

I make a lot more money now than I did when we met. I also have shared living expenses, which improves my overall financial position. It's also pretty likely I wouldn't have taken the job I'm in that's improved my position so much if we hadn't met.

So, nope, bank account's better too.

This is also actually pretty much the norm - people in stable marriages fare much better financially than single people. They're also happier, live longer, and so on and so forth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sounds a bit salty. Lets agree, I do mine and you do yours? The desert is that way ---->

You basically explained that you care more about yourself than another, that is why you have never been in love, I guess?
    Well to be flat out honest, yeah. Why wouldn't you lookout for yourself first?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    That is to be given, why wouldn't they work?

I wouldn't want to go out with a leech.
    Well, due to the comment I answered, it seemed narrow to the point of not believing a woman could earn money.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    We get it, you only care about money.

Have fun with that.
    If someone only cares about money, that's an even better reason to find a partner. Planning together and being able to balance out life's ups and downs is a hell of a lot easier than going it alone.

Feels like another question where you're just trying to bait an argument. Though as usual, it seems to have succeeded... It's not really a question you can answer; to some, it's the most enjoyable thing to them... To others, it doesn't really effect them positively or negatively.

Different strokes for different folks, and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Jokes on youj.

He has a joint account with his wife.
    True, but it's actually the small one. We share an account for expenses, but have independent accounts for personal savings, toys, and investments. We only keep ~$5K in the shared account.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Exactly.

We have no idea how our brains work. Staying on a very scientific basis, there may actually be some quantum mechanics involved. Now, being in love is definitely chemical, to be sure, and that's absolutely a very pertinent part of it all. But that doesn't explain everything. Like you said, we give it meaning. We do. Love isn't some supernatural force, some mythical force, some magical force. But, it is some very highly scientific process, that can't just be explained by drugs. Drugs being dopamine, endorphins, adrenaline, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Which actually makes it more real. Wouldn't be far-fetched to think that some people just have less of it which affects their outlook, after all we are tricked everyday into thinking that we're the ones in charge when in fact it all comes down to the brain's chemicals and functionality.

They've even measured and seen that there's a release of the "love chemical" in dogs when they meet the gaze of their owners.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I make a lot more money now than I did when we met. I also have shared living expenses, which improves my overall financial position. It's also pretty likely I wouldn't have taken the job I'm in that's improved my position so much if we hadn't met.

So, nope, bank account's better too.

This is also actually pretty much the norm - people in stable marriages fare much better financially than single people. They're also happier, live longer, and so on and so forth.
    I always thought married people died sooner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, so it is confirmed, then why is this thread here? You know, if you lookout for yourself first, then you shouldn't have a need to ask the question as you know where you stand.

Just like some find a lonely career to be overrated, or 'prestige' for nothing but yourself.

Deleted
    You'd have to know actual, real, true love to know the answer to that. That love can be towards a parent or a child, even, not just a significant other.

oh no, it's everything it's made out to be.

now the real question is whether or not it's worth the risk. i would say no.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    How could you know? YOu have already stated you have never known love. Id not give up my love for 100 million.
    Then pass the 100 million stack my way because I would give you my mom for that much.