Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PSA: About the special event

It's a themed rift. Like the random cow rifts or whimseydale/shire.

It's not a thing you haven't done a thousand times already.

Game's dead, btw.

I can't bring myself to do more than the wings this season.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks OP, my Dinner felt a bit bland, your salt was just the right amount of seasoning.

P.S. It being a Rift isn't anything people didn't already know

Deleted
    I can't believe they actually used the words ''we are remaking Diablo 1 in Diablo 3'' on the main stage. The dishonesty is just off the charts.

welcome to last weeks news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    I can't believe they actually used the words ''we are remaking Diablo 1 in Diablo 3'' on the main stage. The dishonesty is just off the charts.
    Lucky it's free then so you people won't feel the need to bitch about it.

oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post

oh wait.
    Meanwhile the Blizzard white knights will do anything to defend Blizzard as per the usual.

They said it during the opening ceremony, as if it was a huge feature. Yes, we can expect more than this. That said though, the opening ceremony this year was awful compared to all the others.

Deleted

oh wait.
    Shit is free. Do you eat it for lunch because it's free? Would you eat it in a restaurant if you got it for free?

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit is free. Do you eat it for lunch because it's free? Would you eat it in a restaurant if you got it for free?
    Nice hyperbole there. If you don't like the FREE event, don't do it. Stop being such a self-entitled brat.

10+ Year Old Account

oh wait.
    People are being perfectly reasonable when they express disappointment in what the event turned out to be. Blizzard used the words "Remaking Diablo 1 in Diablo 3" and then made it a themed rift. People feel like they were lied to.

they didnt even care to remake the diablo 1 map/layout, just a random generated rift with every level kinda following the same team, and then 3-4 custom made bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really bothered too much. I would of preferred they decided to just to remake all of D1 and 2 into D3.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    People are being perfectly reasonable when they express disappointment in what the event turned out to be. Blizzard used the words "Remaking Diablo 1 in Diablo 3" and then made it a themed rift. People feel like they were lied to.
    That's me, pretty much. I was hoping there'd be a portal to the old Tristram, and have all the old quests, dungeons, maps,NPCs, etc...and yeah, maybe I should have realized how much work it would have been to shoe-horn a game that old into the new. They did what they could, but yeah, not at all what I expected.

But it's free, so...not going to pick this hill to die on. I'm over it.

I'm gonna get the useless helm legendary gem, and get back to not playing D3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    People need to stop assuming their feels are telling them the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Nice hyperbole there. If you don't like the FREE event, don't do it. Stop being such a self-entitled brat.
    Nice buzzwords. I am 23 years old and have a job. I would gladly pay 60€ for a true D1 remake. It has nothing about being entitled or about it being free. It's about Blizzard being full of shit and me calling them out on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I certainly haven't tested the D1 experience (nor played D1 for that matter) but I can already see a major flaw with the D1 experience, length. Why is it exactly 16 levels long? Did D1 have a dungeon with 16 layers? But for a rift in D3 that is way too much. First it'll get a bit boring and tedious if you start with a new character (no talents/item mechanics, it's supposed to be a new player experience) and second, what if you disconnect midway to lvl 16, do they have checkpoints? Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Diablo 3 if you disconnect the game session just resets and you lose your progress (access to rifts at least).

It's just too long, I'm at least playing through it with fingers crossed and hoping I'm not getting a d/c this time, knowing Diablo 3, it might happen..
    Diablo 1 had 16 levels. Four different themes (Cathedral, Catacombs, Caves, Hell) with four levels. I personally think progress will probably be saved in that D1 rift.

Fun facts about Diablo 1. There was a shrine in Diablo 1 that upon clicking permanently lowered a random stat by 1 of all other players in game, and increased a random stat by 1 of the person clicking the shrine. There was also friendly fire. Sorcerer easily accidentally killed party members. Death would cause an item fountain where all items you were wearing, would drop to the ground for everyone to loot.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    ARPGs are currently dead while waiting for Blizzard to make an expansion/new Diablo game to breath life back into the genre. News at 11. Or did you think PoE was any less stagnant and bland?

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    ARPGs are currently dead while waiting for Blizzard to make an expansion/new Diablo game to breath life back into the genre. News at 11. Or did you think PoE was any less stagnant and bland?
    PoE had numerous free expansions, league PvP races, multiple different seasons with game altering modifiers among other things. Yeah, PoE is significantly less stagnant, bland, and most of all has a ton of developer love and will going into it, more than I can say about Diablo 3. I'd suggest playing PoE sometime.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Nice buzzwords. I am 23 years old and have a job. I would gladly pay 60€ for a true D1 remake. It has nothing about being entitled or about it being free. It's about Blizzard being full of shit and me calling them out on it.
    What in his post is refuted by you being 23 and having a job? You can be a God, and still be a whiny self-entitled brat. You assumed they meant they were remaking the entirety of D1 which is partially on them, but on the flip-side anyone with any sense of what would go into doing that would realize they aren't going to release that for free.