Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ideas to fix Unholy's RP spender.

Right now as Unholy you're constantly either capping RP or having to dump it onto an ability that deals very little damage and feels horrible to use.

I propose bringing back Plague Strike as the RP dumping ability. It could work something like this: "Deals X shadow damage and causes all your diseases within 10 yards to instantly tick once"

Deleted
    How about increase death coil damage

Deleted
    Tbh, I think either an ability that burns 70 or 100 RP, firing two or three coils at once; or alternatively making Sudden Doom no longer make the next DC cost no RP and make it so that the next DC fires twice in the same GCD (at the base cost).

Nakloh, That could work, but its just a band aid fix. Death Coil would still have very little interaction with AoE and does nothing to combat the constant capping of RP/SD charges. Death Coil should stay in Unholy's toolkit as the ranged RP spending ability for the people who are using Clawing Shadows, but as it stands now as the RP dump that you use in melee range it feels very uninspired.

Get rid of popped wounds giving RP. There is no need for another spender.

Deleted
    DC should be buffed massively and its damage related to how much RP you have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make it like deathcoil from wc3 so it just straight up kills the target from 100%.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

DC does need a buff, but I'd rather have something more interesting than a damage boost. It used to be able to heal our ghoul so maybe this time DC could deal small damage and give a damage buff to our pet similar to lock's demonic empowerment.

The cost of DC should also get boosted or have Sudden Doom work differently. ATM our resource management feels like a mess.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Turn epidemic into an RP spender so Unholy DK takes back its righteous place as an AoE leader

Sudden doom should increase its damage by 300%, not make it free. If that change is made, everything becomes totally fine.

Deleted
    change army of the dead to an rp spender, no cooldown, summons one ghoul per 30 rp spent spends all rp in sets of 30

change double doom to launch 2 deathcoils for no cost on sudden doom

change sudden doom to instantly launch its deathcoil for free rather than having to cast it manually (think we had that in cataclysm)
    Last edited by mmoc70dd3ba651; 2016-11-19 at 11:09 PM.

Sudden doom doing double damage, double doom throws 2 death coils instead of 1 so it's not the shittest gold talent in the game.

Or, sudden doom death coils spawn an army of the dead ghoul, double doom spawns 2
    Or, Death coils causes your disease on the target to proc an eruption, double doom doesn't need changing then.
    Or, Death coil is automatically fired from sudden doom, double doom causes it to fire 2.
    Or, Sudden doom causes your next death coil to fire an extra one for free, double doom fires up to 2 more for free. (More of a quality of life change, would probably need to be coupled with yet another death coil buff)

All of these seem to be pretty viable changes to me, but we all know what's gonna happen, 25% buff to death coil, sudden doom doesn't change, neither does double doom.

Quote Originally Posted by valsharia View Post
    change sudden doom to instantly launch its deathcoil for free rather than having to cast it manually (think we had that in cataclysm)
    Blood used to have Sudden Doom which was a chance auto-cast Death Coil on Heart Strike as far as I remember. It was glorious, since IIRC it also worked on the cleave targets? Imagine auto-cast Death Coils on Scourge Strike and then combining with the D&D cleave.

How about increase DC damage, RP cost and proc chance to avoid RP cap, much easier.

f i x o u r m a s t e r y

A basic fix would be to up RP cost and damage buff to DC to make SD alot more valueable.

Or just make sudden doom a fun proc, seriously.

"change army of the dead to an rp spender, no cooldown, summons one ghoul per 30 rp spent spends all rp in sets of 30"

I really like the AOTD idea, when Apocalypse was first announced thats was something like I expected it to do. I wanted it to be a rotational ability that summons ghouls, so that you constantly have ghouls on your target and not just in cooldown windows.

Increase death coils damage, make it have a higher chance to proc runic corruption, make it always apply a festering wound or a debuff that makes you deal X% amount more dmg/shadow dmg over time like old disease protection but make it actually do damage.

Make your free DC procs fire themselves off like an enchant proc, make DC hit everything in your DnD or hit everything you have a wound on.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    A basic fix would be to up RP cost and damage buff to DC to make SD alot more valueable.

Or just make sudden doom a fun proc, seriously.
    Upping the cost of death coil would make the feast or famine issue worse. The best suggestion I've seen is making double doom shoot 2 death coils at once (for free), and it even fits the name of the trait.

They could also make a new talent to replace what they plan to make baseline that you would activate to make your next death coil cost more, instead of the baseline rp cost increase suggested, and do double damage so you would have control over how much rp you spend so rp starvation wouldn't happen unless you used the ability wrong.
    Last edited by Destructus; 2016-11-20 at 02:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make our next tier set have a chance to pop multiple wounds instead of just 1 per coil.

Making it auto trigger and burst wounds with the tier could also work however there might be issues of you losing some burst, imagine being at 7 stacks you just put reaper on the target a random death coil uses up a wound or as stated above uses up 2 wounds due to how double doom suggested would work and you would have to almost delay apoc by another FS or pop it at 6 to 5 stacks what is generally considered a loss in damage.

According to the notes we are all getting BoS back what does remedy the problem of overcapping by having another large cd but brings back an even worse rng based playstyle on top of an already rng heavy spec as unholy no longer has runic empowerment. Landing BoS well happened rarely so it was mediocre to good cd at best, i don't want to go back to our damage being so heavily based around that but i might be alone in that regard.