Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The problem is people complaining about legendary gear... you look at their logs and you have to ask yourself, "Is having a legendary going to fix how terrible I perform?"

Usually the answer is no.

I see it on the WoW Forums all the time.

Dude 1: "I don't have a legendary yet I quit!"

*Looks up Dude 1 on Warcraft Logs and he is pulling 150k dps on Ursoc and is iLevel 860*

Yea...

Deleted
    this system is a shit, only lucky casuals like it. Hope it gets reworked in 7.2 and you can target what leg you want

Quote Originally Posted by Evaida View Post
    Just because you disagree with my view doesn't make it a whine by default.
    The irony...

The legendary system is shit.

Huge power spike gated behind RNG not sure if blizz devs are severely mentally impaired or what.

There needs to be a way to target farm legendaries or they need to remove all the shared legendary rubbish , for example sephuz, prydaz , mage blink chest, warlock portal leggings, druid chest ekowraith, norgannon shitboots , plate movespeed boots etc. The reworked sephuz n other useless legendaries are still stuck in rubbish tier, only the prydaz rework is successful (for tanks, they still need to remove this shit from the loot table for dps specs).

They added in so much rubbish legendaries that are totally unusable just to troll players and make them feel sad when they get one. This shit legendary system needs some serious reworking.
    Last edited by JIMM-; 2016-11-20 at 05:30 PM.

It seems like the people arguing for the current system are arguing a completely separate point from the people arguing against it.

There is a school of people who feel that Legendary truly means legendary. That they should be rare and difficult to acquire and that's good enough. If you are lucky enough to get one of these, well, you should be happy. Why aren't you happy that you're getting orange colored loot?

Then, there are the people against it, who look at the items for the power boost and utility that they bring. These legendary items are really just another piece of loot. They just happen to have more significant impact on player power than any pieces of loot that have been introduced in the game thus far. These enhanced epic pieces of loot can lead to a huge disparity in raid performance.The people who are against it don't want Random Loot completely eliminated from the game. They want a way to have a little more control.

I would like to see a Legendary Transmutation NPC added to the game. Essentially on a CD, maybe every two weeks or even a month, at the cost of order resources, you can turn in a legendary item + resources and the NPC will transmute the item to a different legendary item that you are eligible for. This provides a second chance if you screwed up and forget to set your spec to the correct thing, or if you managed to obtain one of the odd legendary items that is nearly useless for your class/spec. It essentially offers a chance to accelerate your bad luck one legendary drop into the future. I would probably suggest limiting the number of times an item can be re-rolled as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another pseudo-intellectual broken fallacy to scapegoat asskissing the post-merger devs.

Small portion of players are upset Legendaries "drop like epics". BC already had "welfare" legendaries and epics. WotLK went back to vanilla-style Legendaries. Cata still had vanilla-style legendaries, but now that raids were accessible with 10/25 having same loot Blizzard had to start pleasing the meta-game in MoP to allow everyone a chance to get legendary if they work for it, rather than a handful of 10-25 people circlejerking themselves over how they scammed pugs into filling spots for them so they could get theirs.

WoD legendary was awful but so was practically the entire expansion so there's no point making up possible reasons for it.

Artifact was higher than Legendary on importance scale. Now with Legion EVERYONE has an artifact, ontop of potential legendaries.

Item color stopped having meaning when someone figured out the ilvl formula way back when. After that, Blizzard couldn't justify making "random" items anymore and had to budget everything in a way that would please the meta-game.

The problem isn't "Blizzard" coming up with new ideas. The problem is the post-merger devs butchering the foundation of the game to project themselves into it. They all need fired for failing so fucking hard since Cata.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by Belenath View Post
    I would like to see a Legendary Transmutation NPC added to the game. Essentially on a CD, maybe every two weeks or even a month, at the cost of order resources, you can turn in a legendary item + resources and the NPC will transmute the item to a different legendary item that you are eligible for. This provides a second chance if you screwed up and forget to set your spec to the correct thing, or if you managed to obtain one of the odd legendary items that is nearly useless for your class/spec. It essentially offers a chance to accelerate your bad luck one legendary drop into the future. I would probably suggest limiting the number of times an item can be re-rolled as well.
    Adding more RNG won't make matters better. I know you're trying to find a good middle ground but there really isn't one here. In the past you either got it as a drop from a specific boss and the guild could assign it to whom ever they wanted. This way the power spike was only for a few people and no one could be blamed for not having their BiS legendary items nor that they didn't put enough effort in. Then it was changed so everyone could get the legendary item if you made the effort. This way at least no one got a power spike that you couldn't get and the only blame possible was that you didn't make the effort in the first place.

What we have now is that even if you put the effort in you might not get anything. If you get something you're not guarantied to get what you and the guild wants you to have. If you don't get what you and the guild wants you to have you can lose your spot and get blamed for not making enough effort at the same time. In extension to this it will impact the more casual players over time as anyone putting a pug together in a couple of months probably won't take you unless you have the proper legendary items, I mean why would they?

It is simply the worst design for legendary items ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I do like the current legendary system, but that is it. I would rather have quests+raiding needed to acquire one, than just sheer loot luck.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

massive boosts in potential player power dictated by RNG is not a fun and engaging way to play the game.

If you get a legendary (like fire mage or unholy dk bracers) that increase your damage by a significant amount, you didnt become a better player, you got lucky. Thats not how player progression works.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaida View Post
    This exact same phenomenon happened with the few legendary items that existed back in vanilla. .
    You are incredibly dense to be under the impression this system resembles even closely the vanilla system.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    The problem is people complaining about legendary gear... you look at their logs and you have to ask yourself, "Is having a legendary going to fix how terrible I perform?"

Usually the answer is no.

I see it on the WoW Forums all the time.

Dude 1: "I don't have a legendary yet I quit!"

*Looks up Dude 1 on Warcraft Logs and he is pulling 150k dps on Ursoc and is iLevel 860*

Yea...
    The top guild have already showed us that you don't need these items to clear mythic. At least mythic EN.
    Players that aren't as good will no doubt get more out of the boost that these items give though. They need gear to power through content rather than doing everything correctly.

In any case, it's still not fun to be way behind players you know you should beat just becuase you're unlucky with the drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, random stuff is not good for the game.
    You're the reason WoW is not as good as it used to be.

It's not about the game being too easy. It's about the game not rewarding skill or dedication. It rewards people at random.
    Why should a guy that just got to level 110 have the two best items in the game while the guy that played thousands of mythic dungeons, cleared mythic EN, done mythic+ 15 not have a single usable legendary?

The system is bad in every way and I really doubt most people like the system unless they are one of the few lucky people that got 3-4 legendaries the first weeks, as a bug made that very possible.
    Please stop talking immediately. This shit makes my brain hurt. This game has ALWAYS been random for the items you want. The systems like valor were put in place to stop bad luck as a casual, because you do things less so you'll see less lootoverall. The raiders will see more effort put into their bad luck protection and will get more legendaries over time.

The real problem is your shit attitude. You expect that because you put more time into a random system you deserve better rewards. Guess what, over time you will. Thats how it works. You put lore in and over time you get more out. Youll have 5 legendaries before a casual has 3. So what if he got a great one to start? Stop being so whiney about it and just try to play the game. Shit has been random since day 1. The more you put in the more likely you get everything you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, random stuff is not good for the game.
    You're the reason WoW is not as good as it used to be.

It's not about the game being too easy. It's about the game not rewarding skill or dedication. It rewards people at random.
    Why should a guy that just got to level 110 have the two best items in the game while the guy that played thousands of mythic dungeons, cleared mythic EN, done mythic+ 15 not have a single usable legendary?

The system is bad in every way and I really doubt most people like the system unless they are one of the few lucky people that got 3-4 legendaries the first weeks, as a bug made that very possible.
    ^This.

I understand that the randomness which can reward something shiny based entirely on RNG appeals to Classic-peeps (back when raid drops were few and SO rng), but I prefer routes where you work towards a certain goal and then you are rewarded based on the tasks you overcame. Someone that plays 3 hours a week just doing emissary dailies might have 4 legendaries and tons of titanforged items from the cache, whilst someone playing 5 hours per day targeting Mythic+, high end PVP and high end Raiding can stand without a single legendary and very few if any titanforged pieces...

I'm certain there's a way to keep content staying relevant without fucking everyone over with RNG...

10+ Year Old Account
    The system isn't the problem, the shitty legendaries are.

The system would be fine if all legendaries were around equal-ish, but some of them just feel fucking TERRIBLY awful to get. Like sephuz secret, the ONLY ONE I have on my mage for over 2 months now.

Quote Originally Posted by baatora View Post
    I have 3 legendaries.Alythess's Pyrogenics, Sephuz's secret and I've just dropped the Pillars of the dark portal.
    This system is terrible, I'm still a competitive dps, but having 3 useless leg in a raid enviroment is not ok.

This system would be ok if all the legendaries w'd be good or almost good, but many of them are just junk.
    ^

Sephuz's, the Leather belt that does like 2-3% DPS increase (over the 10-20% DPS increasing ones), and a worthless Shoulder that might as well be a 910 stat stick.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    He didn't whine. he makes a strong point. What's ruining this game is that people wanted equal opportunity in an MMO which yields nothing but boredom.
    What are you even talking about? How are people wanting equal opportunity across the board? He still wants people to get appropriate rewards for the difficulty of the content they're doing, which has been the case since Vanilla, and in almost every MMO ever. The legendary system here doesn't work like that. In the slightest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    ^

Sephuz's, the Leather belt that does like 2-3% DPS increase (over the 10-20% DPS increasing ones), and a worthless Shoulder that might as well be a 910 stat stick.
    The belt is 3-5% and 2nd BiS ST for Havoc. Rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Adding more RNG won't make matters better. I know you're trying to find a good middle ground but there really isn't one here. In the past you either got it as a drop from a specific boss and the guild could assign it to whom ever they wanted. This way the power spike was only for a few people and no one could be blamed for not having their BiS legendary items nor that they didn't put enough effort in. Then it was changed so everyone could get the legendary item if you made the effort. This way at least no one got a power spike that you couldn't get and the only blame possible was that you didn't make the effort in the first place.

What we have now is that even if you put the effort in you might not get anything. If you get something you're not guarantied to get what you and the guild wants you to have. If you don't get what you and the guild wants you to have you can lose your spot and get blamed for not making enough effort at the same time. In extension to this it will impact the more casual players over time as anyone putting a pug together in a couple of months probably won't take you unless you have the proper legendary items, I mean why would they?

It is simply the worst design for legendary items ever.
    Oh, as a rogue who is now sitting on Sephuz's Secret(best legendary bank slot I've ever received), Cinidaria, and a piece of follower equipment I think the current system is garbage. I'm just hoping my attempt at a middle ground could satisfy Blizzard's whole love of random loot while making things just a little bit better. It would be a dream come true if I could select which legendary would drop next, even if I didn't know when it was going to happen.

It's just an-all around terrible system. You'd think, coming from a "good guild," you would know that to be obvious.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Please stop talking immediately. This shit makes my brain hurt. This game has ALWAYS been random for the items you want. The systems like valor were put in place to stop bad luck as a casual, because you do things less so you'll see less lootoverall. The raiders will see more effort put into their bad luck protection and will get more legendaries over time.

The real problem is your shit attitude. You expect that because you put more time into a random system you deserve better rewards. Guess what, over time you will. Thats how it works. You put lore in and over time you get more out. Youll have 5 legendaries before a casual has 3. So what if he got a great one to start? Stop being so whiney about it and just try to play the game. Shit has been random since day 1. The more you put in the more likely you get everything you want.
    Sure gear has always been random drops via loot table, what people are upset about are the massive power disparities coming out of some of these items.

Random chance drops should never be that powerful.

I am an unholy dk and through chance my second legendary was the bracers, which is a make or break legendary for the spec. It doesnt feel good that this legendary is required for competitive players who want to play unholy, and it also doesnt feel good when you have it due to how powerful it is. Like I said above, I didnt get better, i just got lucky.