Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Legendary System Doesn't Feel Rewarding

If there is not even a single person that says "Hey, this legendary system is amazing. I enjoy it so much." then you know there is something wrong going on . I dont know how many hunders of people I've talked with about this so far, but not even a single person said that they like the current legendary system.

1- "Bad luck protection" is complete bs. There is no such thing. Currently in the game, pretty much ANY player has 2 legendaries regarless of what content they are doing and how much they are playing. Even if there is an actual "bad luck proctection" system going on, it must be such a small number like "0.000000000001% increase everytime you don't get a legendary", that there is literally no effect on your chances.

2- I am a 7/7 Mythic raider, I've been farming EN heroic and mythic for weeks. I'm also boosting a lot of m+, most of them being level 7-9 keys with 3 chest runs. So far I've completed about 250 mythic+ dungeons. Currently you would expect me to have like 3-4 legendaries, but I have 2. I have seen SO MANY people that didnt even touch mythic raiding, barely done 15-20 mythic+ dungeons and currently sitting at 3 legendaries. Where is my reward for putting in those extra time and effort into the game?

Our resto druid, who BARELY plays the game outside the raids is having 3 legendaries now. The guy has only done like 40 mythic+ so far, which is much less compared to me and all he does outside the raids is complete the emissary quests and log off. How is this supposed to be fair? Where is this so called "bad luck protection" for me?

3- The constant grind eventually burns you out and it doesn't feel rewarding, you feel like you are just banging your head against a wall. As I mentioned above, I've farmed a lot of m+ dungeons just for the sake of getting a legendary, but I have seen so many players that are playing MUCH MUCH less compared to me, and they are also having 2 legendaries like I do. Some of them are even having 3. Now how is this supposed to be an encouraging system for me? At this point I'm like "Ok I have done like 10 times more m+ dungeons compared to this guy, and appearently he hasn't even killed 1 boss on mythic raids, yet he is also having 2 legendaries like me."

4- If they will not increase the drop rate for players who are ACTUALLY playing the game, many of them will feel the burn out and quit soon. I'm not saying "Give me legendaries or I will quit!!11", im just saying that the current system is not rewarding for players who are actually grinding.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kayra/advanced

Take a look at this guy, he hasn't killed even a single boss on mythic on EN. Why am I stating this? Because according to the blizzard "the harder content you do, the more chances you have for getting a legendary". Also you can check from his wowprogress page the he has only done 26 mythic+ dungeons so far, 24 of them being level 2-5.

So long story short, compared to this guy I have done like 10 times more mythic+ dungeons, most of them being level 7-9 3 chest carries, farming EN heroic and mythic for weeks and yet we are both having 2 legendaries so far. Please enlighten me, where is "bad luck protection" for me? And where is fairness in this system?

Deleted
    Just one thing: How do you know nobody likes this system as it is? Have you talked to every single player? I'm guessing no.
    And besides hey, this legendary system is amazing. I enjoy it so much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mythic raiding doesn't give that many more chance for Legendaries as you suggest. Since you can get Legendaries from both Normal and Heroic raids, Mythic only gives 7 more chances (little higher with trash, if it can drop from them). So your whole argument for #2 feels a bit off. I feel Mythic+ has less chance of Legendary compared to regular Mythic. Personally I don't think all chests at the end has a chance to contain a Legendary, while all bosses in a regular Mythic has a chance to give Legendary.

Deleted
    I stoped caring about legendaries a long time ago, they are mostly just a bonus, I only have one and I mostly play like your druid healer so it's not about effort it's all in the numbers. Indeed the harder the content the beter the chance but it's still just a chance some people are more lucky than others and thats how this game has always been. If you are able to do 7/7 mythic than I'm sure you don't really need the legendary outside for the prestige of having one.

Most of them are garbage anyway where a good purple will be better anyway, only a few of them are really game breaking and when they add more those gets hidden even further away. My advice stop caring about legendary and enjoy the content you can do, bad luck protection is not about the chance going up to 100% at some point, it's an increased chance maybe it start at 0.0000001% and gets to 1% after a month who knows other the blizzard how it works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Mythic raiding doesn't give that many more chance for Legendaries as you suggest. Since you can get Legendaries from both Normal and Heroic raids, Mythic only gives 7 more chances (little higher with trash, if it can drop from them). So your whole argument for #2 feels a bit off. I feel Mythic+ has less chance of Legendary compared to regular Mythic. Personally I don't think all chests at the end has a chance to contain a Legendary, while all bosses in a regular Mythic has a chance to give Legendary.
    I think I read on Wowhead some time ago they weren't dropped by trash, only by bosses, world bosses, withered army chest (At least I've found legendary champion equipment in that one.) and emissary chests. But I stand corrected if it has changed since I read it

Quote Originally Posted by Mannevond View Post
    Take a look at this guy, he hasn't killed even a single boss on mythic on EN. Why am I stating this? Because according to the blizzard "the harder content you do, the more chances you have for getting a legendary". Also you can check from his wowprogress page the he has only done 26 mythic+ dungeons so far, 24 of them being level 2-5.

So long story short, compared to this guy I have done like 10 times more mythic+ dungeons, most of them being level 7-9 3 chest carries, farming EN heroic and mythic for weeks and yet we are both having 2 legendaries so far. Please enlighten me, where is "bad luck protection" for me? And where is fairness in this system?
    Well it's not the other persons fault, i have a friend that nearly just logs to raid and has 4 legendary while i have 2- It suck for me but it's good for our group! Why do you care if they have the same amount of legendary items then you?

Yeah I don't like the system at all. I think it desperately needs some sort of Kadala or targetting mechanic and their two reasons for excluding one are straight BS:

1) The "Legendary Story" excuse: No one has an awesome or fun legendary story. Your story is you got your random crap or godlike throughput legendary from some random cache, an LFR run weeks ago, or a m+ that you already forgot about, oh or your 436th maw run.

2) The "bis list" excuse. This excuse is used over and over again by the dev team when it comes to reforging and the like -- the thing is, WoW will always have bis and min/maxxing no matter how hard you try to obscure or circumvent it. RNG doesn't make bis lists go away, it just makes it so getting your best gear, getting your best X is completely out of your control and that's frustrating. Have an amazing tier set? Farm it. Amazing piece with awesome stats? Farm it. Awesome trinket from X boss? Farm it. Game changing legendary? Uhhhhh. Who cares if most people target their god tier leg, that's fine.

That makes it so everyone feels like their working towards their "fun" or "awesome" leg and anything on the side is icing on the cake. It actually makes crap legendaries worth exploring and somewhat exciting cause in the back of your mind you are still working towards what you want. Anything else is just a bonus!

The system of acquirement isn't meant to be rewarding.

The legendaries are just another participation reward in a game full of them, they are meant to be like warforged, titanforged and socketed gear where you aren't counting on them but when they drop it's an upgrade and keeps you playing through content that you might otherwise be tired of.

If anyone is relying on having or getting a specific legendary then they are doing it wrong and need to focus on just playing their character better rather than hope something drops and raises them out of the cess-pit of bad dps, poor tanking or shitty healing.

Not being able to work towards the rewards you want will never feel rewarding. This isn't just a problem with legendaries but titanforging and shared loot tables as well.
    Finally getting what you want will never feel exciting, you'll feel relieved that it's finally over.

I don't have a good solution though, if we want all content to be relevant to everyone this is how it has to be but I do miss the feeling I got when Shoulderpads of Assassination finally dropped off Talon King Ikiss in Sethekk Halls and I won them. In the Legion system I would've seen them drop hundreds of times off different bosses and with varying iLvls, never really getting the item I wanted.

Deleted
    Preacher made a very good point about this in his latest video, it went something along the lines of "If you get your BiS legendary, you're glad it's over, and not that you got it. If you get the neck or the cloth boots, you're just mad." There's no rewarding experience in any case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Not being able to work towards the rewards you want will never feel rewarding. This isn't just a problem with legendaries but titanforging and shared loot tables as well.
    Finally getting what you want will never feel exciting, you'll feel relieved that it's finally over.

I don't have a good solution though, if we want all content to be relevant to everyone this is how it has to be but I do miss the feeling I got when Shoulderpads of Assassination finally dropped off Talon King Ikiss in Sethekk Halls and I won them. In the Legion system I would've seen them drop hundreds of times off different bosses and with varying iLvls, never really getting the item I wanted.
    I miss those days in TBC farming for that last dungeon set piece in Shadow Labyrint, now I just roll through the dungeons hardly looking at the dops unless it's a trinket. I haven't momerised what loot I want n legion as I might get it but I might also replace it the day after in a random upgraded WQ reward.

15+ Year Old Account
    If there is not even a single person that says "Hey, this legendary system is amazing. I enjoy it so much." then you know there is something wrong going on . I dont know how many hunders of people I've talked with about this so far, but not even a single person said that they like the current legendary system.
    Welcome to my world...I have more than 200 Mythic+ runs (vast majority of them is 7+ with 2 chest 80% of the time), HC EN in total farm and 4/7 EN Mythic.
    Being doing emissary and WQs without stop.
    And still with only 1 legendary WHICH I GOT IT 10 DAYS AGO (Norg's Club...yay)!!!
    Retarded mechanism at its finest!
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

1- "Bad luck protection" is complete bs. There is no such thing. Currently in the game, pretty much ANY player has 2 legendaries regarless of what content they are doing and how much they are playing. Even if there is an actual "bad luck proctection" system going on, it must be such a small number like "0.000000000001% increase everytime you don't get a legendary", that there is literally no effect on your chances.
    I don't even have 1 legendary.

2- I am a 7/7 Mythic raider, I've been farming EN heroic and mythic for weeks. I'm also boosting a lot of m+, most of them being level 7-9 keys with 3 chest runs. So far I've completed about 250 mythic+ dungeons. Currently you would expect me to have like 3-4 legendaries, but I have 2. I have seen SO MANY people that didnt even touch mythic raiding, barely done 15-20 mythic+ dungeons and currently sitting at 3 legendaries. Where is my reward for putting in those extra time and effort into the game?
    RNG = RNG. Legendaries are not meant to be farmed. Of course your chances of getting one is higher when you do the correct content a lot, but it's no guarantee. It's almost like any other gear you get from a boss or world drop... Remember the epic world drops from Classic? Same thing. Your reward for putting in more time and effort, is the rest of your gear (I'm sure you're not at 854, like me) and AP (I bet you have more then 28, like me). Legendaries are extra's, not baseline, farmable upgrades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    Yeah I don't like the system at all. I think it desperately needs some sort of Kadala or targetting mechanic and their two reasons for excluding one are straight BS:

1) The "Legendary Story" excuse: No one has an awesome or fun legendary story. Your story is you got your random crap or godlike throughput legendary from some random cache, an LFR run weeks ago, or a m+ that you already forgot about, oh or your 436th maw run.
    Don't want to be that guy but plenty of my guild have talked about how they got their legendary's in random ways. For instance the first one we saw was actually our GM boosting me at level 101, she was 110, through EoA normal, dropped from the first boss. Everyone said it was rigged.

Mine along with any others first legendary in our mythic raid team dropped on 7.1 patch day. Barely anyone has had one since and most of us play every day. Personally I've actually stopped thinking about them, even if it is annoying.

We've had more from normal EN, than anything else, including Mythic EN.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The legendary system in a nutshell: "Let's make a competitive progression based game, and we'll randomly hand out cheat codes to some players so they can have an advantage".

Stoopid, stoopid, stoopid.

Legendaries don't matter any more. Its RNG. You could theoretically run 1,000,000 dungeons and never get one, and I could do a heroic dungeon and get one from each boss. It doesn't make any difference - it's RNG. Stop whining about X getting one from this and you not getting one, just deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    The legendary system in a nutshell: "Let's make a competitive progression based game, and we'll randomly hand out cheat codes to some players so they can have an advantage".

Stoopid, stoopid, stoopid.
    That's actually a very good analogy, I like it. In the bigger picture, I guess you could say any legendary your GUILD gets will help it as a whole, but in the smaller picture, I'm tired of being at the bottom of the charts because I dont have any damage-boosting legendaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    Legendaries don't matter any more. Its RNG. You could theoretically run 1,000,000 dungeons and never get one, and I could do a heroic dungeon and get one from each boss. It doesn't make any difference - it's RNG. Stop whining about X getting one from this and you not getting one, just deal with it.
    When someone comes to the forums to complain about something they're passionate about, why do they immediately get called a whiner? Smh. Anyone that doesn't care about their performance and is totally giddy about their Prydaz and Sephuz is just a filthy casual then. Fair point?

was lucky and got my 3rd leggy last night, and it was a good one. But Im just saying what other are saying. Its a relief to get something good and not a happy moment.

They should just remove any core-leggy from the game and just keep all the utility leggys.

My fav. utility leggy ingame gotta be the runspeed boots for plate. They are fun, makes a difference and feels nice to use, problem is, you still get disapointed if u get em if u didnt have any dps leggy.

Without DPS leggys the game would just be way better. You always become happy if u get a new leggy just because it gives you some chance to min max utility on certain bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    That's actually a very good analogy, I like it. In the bigger picture, I guess you could say any legendary your GUILD gets will help it as a whole, but in the smaller picture, I'm tired of being at the bottom of the charts because I dont have any damage-boosting legendaries.

- - - Updated - - -

When someone comes to the forums to complain about something they're passionate about, why do they immediately get called a whiner? Smh. Anyone that doesn't care about their performance and is totally giddy about their Prydaz and Sephuz is just a filthy casual then. Fair point?

He's whining at the fact he hasn't got something. Can I whine that my gear didn't titanforge up to 895? No, because I didn't get lucky. Not gonna make a post about this. He's saying "I've done more than this guy why don't I have it" - that's not how legendaries work.

Deleted
    I would have preferred a farm-able currency to get legendaries tbh.
    It's not going to help that the legendary you get is random in the first place and it's also kept in check with the "max 2 legendary items at the same time" mechanic.

It would also make offspecs more fun to play. Because I can work towards one of them by farming currency for a cool legendary.
    If they really want to, make it gated so that you need like 4 weeks per legendary, I don't care. Of course people would whine about that for some reason - because they don't like fair games... but oh well..

The "I'm rewarded" feeling would still be there, everyone, including the guys who only run WQs could get them at some point (and the most important ones too, so they don't feel left behind) and everyone would've been happy.

I have 3 legendaries, and I've had that "Oh yeah, a legendary!" only once (and it was a ring, which don't seem to scale well in terms of itemlevel), because the other 2 were shit-tier. And I'm feeling less and less motivated opening WQ chests (etc.) because of that mysterious 4 legendary softcap thing.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-11-21 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I think your basic mistake is comparing yourself to others. The luck or bad luck is individual. I got 3 legendaries from relatively trivial content with the 3rd coming from winning a random BG. The difference is that in all 3 cases I never expected that I would win something. I felt like playing BGs and got a legendary, cool.

I believe its key to your progress to just play what you want and for how long you want it. Expecting rewards is where you go wrong. In a supernatural way the game "reads into" your intentions and probably punishes you for trying to outplay the normal pace of things.

Lay back play your chilled mythic 0 and you will probably get that legendary.
    I get your point, but I will say this: You can't win the lottery unless you buy a ticket, and the more tickets you buy, the greater the chance you will win. Running more content does in fact work in this case, as the bad luck protection isn't time based, its content-based. Every M+ dungeon you run, every raid you clear, every emissary box you open increases your chances to get a legendary the next time you do "Legendary-eligible content".

When you see people with 2 or 3 performance enhancing legendaries and all you have are utility ones, its not fun for most people. You're always going to compare yourself to what other people have, you can't stop that, and its hard to accept the fact that "filthy casuals" who barely play can sometimes end up with better legendaries than you. It's virtual salt in the wounds.
    Last edited by Trapped; 2016-11-21 at 10:18 AM.