Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Would not need to. The following night would do me in.

Is there a homeless person simulator? You become homeless and have to survive in a urban environment? People would probably attack you if you made one...

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    No, there's nothing worse. Ever hear the saying "fate worse than death?"

It's like if you go homeless, you unofficially lose your rights as a human being. You lose everything and become a target of abuse from others looking down on you like an animal, especially teenagers that like venting their frustrations by beating the homeless.

The world is fucked up.
    I think you watch too much TV. If you're homeless it doesn't mean teenagers beat the shit out of you all the time. It happens, but not to every homeless person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before it happens anyway, and if it ever would for you.

I hope people don't get the wrong idea and I have nothing against people that are unfortunate to be homeless, but if the prospect of it even came remotely close, I would rather just die.
    I would kill myself by working myself to the bone trying to not be homeless anymore.

This is assuming i'm not homeless due to some sort of issue which keeps me from working. But even at that, i'd try everything I could to not be homeless.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account

I hope people don't get the wrong idea and I have nothing against people that are unfortunate to be homeless, but if the prospect of it even came remotely close, I would rather just die.
    No I would not.

There are plenty thing s worse than being homeless.

Is this like a if I wear those shoes with this dress I would die type of thing?
    Seems shallow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being homeless requires some extreme circumstances in ones life. Family is usually the fall back option but if you don't have family then you have to rely on other sources. Friends can be good to have, unless you don't have any friends. Even if you do that doesn't mean they don't mind having you live with them. A lot of times it's something someone chooses. Usually drugs, alcohol, or whatever has caused you to live your life day by day. You're not homeless, you're between fixes.

There are other situations, like your family doesn't want you around cause you're gay, or a series of deaths in the family has left you alone. But in the end this is why I support basic income. People need a better safety net than the social programs we have now. I don't think anyone enjoys seeing someone in that unfortunate situation, and usually they need real help, like money. Homeless shelters are shit solutions.

If i had no choice in being homless id just go smack the shit out of a cop so i could get my free home with 3 squares.

No, there is always a way out unless you're a drug addict, or have the IQ of a typical Hollywood actor.

I would never be homeless, I have a large family that is there for one another no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    I don't want to say I'd kill myself, so let me put it this way:
    The one reason why I like sleep is that it's like death, but no one has to be sad.
    Dat edge tho!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    You're asking people on the internet. People would do it for less. I mean look at meme trends, suicide memes are popular.
    This.

Honest answer OP, of course not. Death is the end, there's likely nothing after. If I were homeless I'd try to make the best of it and bounce back.

Nah. I'd rather gank a Goldman Sachs executive and have the cops do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    This.

Honest answer OP, of course not. Death is the end, there's likely nothing after. If I were homeless I'd try to make the best of it and bounce back.
    Yup.

I was "homeless" for about a year earlier in my life. Fortunately, I had friends so I couch-crashed at various places during that time. If I had been stuck on the streets, I know about many resources homeless folk can use (and I donate food to many of them).

"Most of the people you meet on the street could be true blood." There you go.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    This.

Indeed, id just focus on trying to find a way out.

When I become homeless in a few years, yes - I will end it.

I'm not well enough to survive as it is, without somewhere to live - not a chance.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Dat edge tho!
    You may call me decagon.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    It's very unlikely that this kind of thing would happen to me. But if it did - of course I wouldn't kill myself. That's fucking stupid. I would just take it as an interesting, grounding experience and work my way out of it.