Thread: #trumpcup

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

#trumpcup

Trump supporters "have a culture war to win" as they protest Starbucks by giving them money.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cultur...193800232.html

There's a movement for Trump supporters to get Starbucks baristas to write the president-elect's name on their cups.

On Friday, alt-right Twitter user Baked Alaska challenged his 123,000 followers to go to Starbucks and tell the employees that their names are Trump. The movement was inspired by a video posted on social media of a man apparently being turned away from Starbucks for a similar action.

"We have a culture war to win," Baked Alaska says in a Periscope video, in which he complains about alt-right Twitter suspensions and accuses liberals of making white people and men feel guilty. "If someone is getting so triggered, they can't write Trump on a coffee cup at Starbucks and they're crying liberal tears and they're calling the cops, that's insane."

According to Baked Alaska, the purpose of asking baristas to write "Trump" on cups is to "trigger SJW" employees (SJW is an abbreviation for social justice warrior, a derogatory term for feminists and progressives). He says that asking to write Trump on the cups is a way to normalize Trump and the alt-right.

The alt-right is rooted in a fringe movement comprised of groups including white nationalists, men's right activists, and reactionaries, who, in the word of Republican strategist Rick Wilson, promote a "white ethno-state." It emerged as a major support base for Donald Trump during the election, especially on social media.

If baristas refuse to write Trump on the cup, Baked Alaska says his followers should take a video and to share it with others online.

Starbucks told Business Insider that the coffee chain does not require employees to write or call out names provided by customers.

"Over the years, writing customer names on cups and calling out their names has been a fun ritual in our stores," the coffee giant said in a statement. "Rarely has it been abused or taken advantage of. We hope and trust that our customers will continue to honor that tradition."

The inspiration for the Trump Cup movement stems from a video posted on Twitter on November 7 of a man asking for employees to write "Trump" on a cup. The employees seem to refuse to write "Trump" as the man's name, and are in the process of calling the police.

On Thursday, the video resurfaced on the conspiracy website Infowars, where it was brought to the attention of Baked Alaska.

Baked Alaska's tweet has been favorited more than 5,000 times and retweeted more than 3,500 times since he posted it soon after midnight on Friday morning.

Since Infowars and Baked Alaska's Trump Cup call to arms, #TrumpCup has exploded on social media.

In part because of Schultz's beliefs, Starbucks' cups have become a surprisingly political symbol.

In the week or so leading up to the election, Starbucks debuted a green cup that featured an illustration showing the faces of more than 100 people, drawn with a single continuous line. The cup was intended to encourage unity during what Schultz called a "divisive time in our country."

Instead, many customers were critical of the cups. While some people were simply confused about the color, others accused the coffee chain of "political brainwashing."
    Your thoughts? In my opinion, there are far better ways to "win the culture war" than to force Starbucks employees to yell out Trump's name every 15-20 seconds. Is this going to lead to a pissing contest between Clinton and Trump supporters at coffee shops?

Why would the alt-right choose to protest Starbucks by giving them money? Is that how protests work nowadays? Nice job. *thumbs up*

Also, worry not conservatives--the man is going to be President of the United States for the next 4 to 8 years, it's not like anyone's going to forget his name anytime soon. Sadly.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Trump supporters "have a culture war to win" as they protest Starbucks by giving them money.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cultur...193800232.html

Your thoughts? In my opinion, there are far better ways to "win the culture war" than to force Starbucks employees to yell out Trump's name every 15-20 seconds. Is this going to lead to a pissing contest between Clinton and Trump supporters at coffee shops?

Why would the alt-right choose to protest Starbucks by giving them money? Is that how protests work nowadays? Nice job. *thumbs up*

Also, worry not conservatives--the man is going to be President of the United States for the next 4 to 8 years, it's not like anyone's going to forget his name anytime soon. Sadly.
    Might be a little shorter with that rape trial coming up in Dec. Pence is going to look awfully attractive in a few months.

If someone is getting so triggered, they can't write Trump on a coffee cup at Starbucks and they're crying liberal tears and they're calling the cops, that's insane.
    Says a highly-triggered man.

I'll never understand just how people of the US turned "Liberal" into something dirty and bad...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I'll never understand just how people of the US turned "Liberal" into something dirty and bad...
    You can thank the GOP and their assault on science, reason, and intelligence.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might sound stupid but I like it. They have absolutely no reason not to write Trump on a cup, electing to not do their job for such stupid reasons needs to be corrected. Show them that being liberal douches gets them nowhere.

Deleted
    Go Trump! Yeah!

I think its funny. I know my brother has them write Batman on his cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Same way people turned "Republican" into something dirty and bad. People from all sides gonna exaggerate about those that they are not part of.
    Last edited by Darkeon; 2016-11-18 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Fixed for prevent mistakes

The Conservative war on Starbucks continues. They complain about people protesting the election results and in kind protest the stupidest things in the silliest of ways. I wonder if Genn still has popcorn...
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    The Conservative war on Starbucks continues. They complain about people protesting the election results and in kind protest the stupidest things in the silliest of ways. I wonder if Genn still has popcorn...
    The people refusing to write the name on the cup are the protestors, the ones asking them to write it are just trying to show them the error of their ways.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    "I wish Pence was president", said noone ever.
    Not yet, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I think the anti-gay crowd loves him.

I'm going to laugh at #LGBTforTrump if Pence becomes president.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    The people refusing to write the name on the cup are the protestors, the ones asking them to write it are just trying to show them the error of their ways.
    By giving starbucks money, genius.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    It might sound stupid but I like it. They have absolutely no reason not to write Trump on a cup, electing to not do their job for such stupid reasons needs to be corrected. Show them that being liberal douches gets them nowhere.
    But it says right there in the article that employees aren't in any way required to write names on the cups. They're doing their job still.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I think the anti-gay crowd loves him.

I'm going to laugh at #LGBTforTrump if Pence becomes president.

- - - Updated - - -

By giving starbucks money, genius.
    No one said they were smart. It's kinda like the people who were protesting the Harry Potter movies by buying the books and burning them.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Honestly, I think it is childish all around. This is reminding me more and more of Idiocracy.
    I think we've all come to accept that Idiocracy is basically prophecy at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    ^ This.

I think it was Colbert that said it best, 'Mike Pence is Trump's Assassination insurance policy'.

Nobody will dare assassinate Trump, because there is one of the most regressive and intolerant politicians in the US lurking as second-in-command.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not protesting the multi billion dollar coffee giant, they're protesting the ultra liberal, topknot bearing, Apple consuming, hipster NEET culture of its clientele and employees.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Can't wait until people realize everyone involved with the Trump campaign are traitors.

Colluding with a foreign power to spy on government officials to influence the election, is nothing if not treason. Hopefully, Trump, Pence, Bannon and Conway all get lined up in front of a firing squad for being the anti American traitors they are.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown