View Poll Results: Would you like for there to be a Level Squish?

Voters
195. This poll is closed
  • Yes, we need it.

22 11.28%
  • Yes, we need it, but not like this.

28 14.36%
  • Nah, we're fine.

136 69.74%
  • Yes, and I am a homosexual.

16 8.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    A Level Squish could leave us at level 110 perpetually and we'd never need another stat squish; our numbers would never go higher.

Imagine this. 8.0 is released. All level 110 characters are bumped down to 100. All Legion content is scaled back to be appropriate for levels 90-100, all item levels get scaled back, time-walking styled. We level up back to 110 in 8.0 content that would effectively leave us where 7.0 did in terms of ilvl. Every expansion going forward would be scaled back to level 100 on the subsequent expansion's release. We keep getting stronger, but level 1 just stops creeping away from us. It's only getting more and more obnoxious to level.
    Okey so when you are lv 1, you are level -9

It's fine that people don't like this and don't want blizzard to do it. But let's not pretend this isn't a problem. If you're a completely new player to wow, level 110 will seem rather daunting. Bliz's solution is boosting which works but let's not pretend having to get that many levels isn't actually an issue because it is.

I liked the stat squish, myself. My sense of "player power" has always been measured by how easily I can kill the things I struggled with when I was fresh max level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    How is it even related?

The only reason why Garrosh had so many phases was that game couldn't handle big enough numbers to store his entire health pool at once, so they had to reset his it multiple times Right now game handles them w/o any issues. There's literally no need to do the same thing right now.
    Precisely what I mean. IIRC, Blizzard did try to sell squish as not only technical workaround for a very weird limitation, but also, to a considerable degree, as a design decision (which I consider BS). Repeatedly squishing numbers after sending a strong message that the limitation is gone would serve to reinforce the "design decision" story.

BTW, there's another issue, some (many?) aren't comfortable w/ big numbers, during Legion's alpha and beta there're quite many threads on MMOC and official forums stating that people felt weird, awkward, some were even scared cuz of such big numbers But, hopefully, people got used to them, lol.
    We have the example of D3 now, where numbers only look big when they are considerably bigger than current average :>

What I'd actually like to see is an actual design decision: level squish. Cut the number of levels at the cap to something close to current number of levelling zones, so you can still see a path of progression on the map, but every level matters. Make sure that something in the gameplay changes every level. Now that would be something.

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Precisely what I mean. IIRC, Blizzard did try to sell squish as not only technical workaround for a very weird limitation, but also, to a considerable degree, as a design decision (which I consider BS). Repeatedly squishing numbers after sending a strong message that the limitation is gone would serve to reinforce the "design decision" story.
    They openly admitted why they did it I might be wrong, but I don't remember anything about it being a "design decision" o_O

-- edit

Anyway, I don't really care about stat squishes, they also nerf old content to the ground, and that's a nice bonus But I don't like the idea of level squish...
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-11-21 at 04:40 PM.

Deleted
    They openly admitted why they did it I might be wrong, but I don't remember anything about it being a "design decision" o_O
    I do, specifically raising this very issue: allegedly the large numbers were confusing and intimidating. I do hope it's not an imaginary memory.

I'm happy that mmo champion is a very minuscule minority.

No.
    Intel 7700K l Asrock Z270 Taichi l Corsair H115i Pro l G.SKill Trident Z 3200Mhz l EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 l NZXT S340 Elite l EVGA G2 650W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    Okey so when you are lv 1, you are level -9
    Nope. When you're level 1, you're level 1. No other levels change, just Legion content getting scaled down to Warlords of Draenor's level.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Stat squish was a HUGE mistake..
    Level squish would be an even bigger mistake...
    It was done in order to let blizzard have more time to advance their numerical technology.

Theoretically, Blizzard could revert the stat squish, and players would probably see their dps numbers presented in scientific notation.
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2016-12-05 at 02:40 AM.

vanilla lvl 1-10, bc 10-20, wotlk 20-30, cata 30-40, mop 40-50, wod 50-60, legion 60-70, wrath of corgis 70-80.

or they could merge the lvling and scale everything.

Next expansion is 110-120, scaling tech could be previous expansions up to one beforehand can do at any lvl and the mobs get scaled, and quests and rewads get scaled, through there gear scaling tech and mob scaling.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are going to make a poll don't include voting options that have nothing to do with the poll. It's not cute. It gets threads closed.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."