Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Why don't we play Breath of Sindragosa?

ITT: what specific reason do you have for not playing Breath of Sindragosa (or other frost talents)?

I am not a huge fan of eother obliteration or glacial advance, but use GA for cleave and M+, and obliteration to fish for rime procs early in a pull and to refresh my runes when tunic empowerment is on cd.

So i dont use BoS, despite me enjoying the animation, the conic skill-shot, and the haste-mastery synergies it enables via runic attenuation and obliterate. I feel like i cant play it though because of the way i have to cancel my icy talons to effectively use it.

i feel like its a missed opportunity to work in a great synergy and playstyle thats also being aimed for with the remorseless winter talent.

perhaps a fix could be to charge icy talons with frost strike, and refresh it whenever eunic power is spent?

this way BoS would keep uptime on my icy talons, and the anti-synergy would be removed, and i would not have to choose between 2 bad options when it comes to BoS.
    Last edited by Hyperborean; 2016-11-21 at 07:37 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because i absolutely loathe the gameplay involved with it, pretty much my only reason.

Because I fucking hate breath of sindragosa anf the stupif way you have to set it up, even if it becomes the #1 talent i wont use it bcs i dont need it since im not in a high end guild

Also it cancels icy talons, which i actually enjoy as a gameplay mechanic

I'm not an expert @ frost, but aren't you supposed to not fish for rimes procs when using the obliteration's talent ? I've read everywhere it's better that you focus solely on Frost Strike and Obliterate when in Obliteration's state.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    I'm not an expert @ frost, but aren't you supposed to not fish for rimes procs when using the obliteration's talent ? I've read everywhere it's better that you focus solely on Frost Strike and Obliterate when in Obliteration's state.
    Read the same, you always skip RIME when ur in Oblitiration-phase

Deleted
    Numbers are wrong on this spell, the cost per sec is too high and it deals not enough damages.
    Plus its not working well with icy talons as it uses a ton of runic power, and icy talons is way too strong to skip it.

It may be different in 7.1.5

with regards to fishing: my mastery is very low, and my vers about 7, so im usually okay to spam obliterates for 1 rune each. this is probably just me tho. i understand the rotation usually rime and i do too, after ive applied the disease.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exeetor View Post
    Read the same, you always skip RIME when ur in Oblitiration-phase
    It is indeed like that because your average Oblit does more dmg than avg rimed HB on ST. ON 2-3+ targets you will want to use Rimed HB though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I guess because all guides say BoS is just not competitive. WIth the damage buff in 7.1.5 and those legendary legs though things might change. The thing is BoS does not just compete within it's own talent row; you'd need to make changes to other talents as well to best make use of it so we'd need final numbers and lots of sims to get proper numbers.
    I do assume though that with the new legendary legs, there will be a way to have 100% BoS uptime.
    I for one would like to try Murderous Efficiency + Breath of Sindragosa + Hungering Rune Weapon + Horn of Winter build it if was competitive Would be better if HRW reduced ERW CD from 3m to 2m so it would better align with BoS.

Might get some long BoS phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    It is indeed like that because your average Oblit does more dmg than avg rimed HB on ST. ON 2-3+ targets you will want to use Rimed HB though.

- - - Updated - - -

I for one would like to try Murderous Efficiency + Breath of Sindragosa + Hungering Rune Weapon + Horn of Winter build it if was competitive Would be better if HRW reduced ERW CD from 3m to 2m so it would better align with BoS.

Yea but any fight with 3 or more targets you should be using Scythe scept for a few fights where the aoe is kinda low (like Dragons). So spending the killing machine procs on scythe would be higher total dmg then anyway.

Deleted
    Because BoS is cancerous playstyle and I'm not very happy Blizzard are trying to make it a thing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I do assume though that with the new legendary legs, there will be a way to have 100% BoS uptime.
    New legs are for Sindragosa's Fury (the artifact gold trait 5 minute giant dragon spell) not Breath of Sindragosa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Tried it, even combining "Gathering Storm" along with it for few mythics. I think it worked surprisingly nice and was atleast competitive if not exactly better. BoS was really nice to use when you can fuel it with the runes from HRW and HoW, that being said the cd makes it bit bad and risky to use.

It's damage is pretty low right now and it barely consumes any RP. I tried it on Nythendra when I got the 2x ERW ring (Necrofantasia) but it's damage was pretty weak when compared to the usual ST build. I'll give it another shot if it gets tuned appropriately, but hopefully it won't be the go-to talent of that row, maybe for sustained cleave but not for ST.

Tbh, the only time I enjoyed BoS (and I truly did enjoy it) was with Blood during WoD (pre-BoS-nerf) and the icy chains glyph. With Frost I prefer dishing out abilities every GCD instead of just fueling my BoS. The only time I use it right now is during PvP with Gathering Storm (pretty sick sustained burst damage).

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    New legs are for Sindragosa's Fury (the artifact gold trait 5 minute giant dragon spell) not Breath of Sindragosa.
    The fact that they are forcing a legendary to do something that already should be done is pretty sad tbh. The cooldown should be brought down to three minutes at worst.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    It's damage is pretty low right now and it barely consumes any RP. I tried it on Nythendra when I got the 2x ERW ring (Necrofantasia) but it's damage was pretty weak when compared to the usual ST build. I'll give it another shot if it gets tuned appropriately, but hopefully it won't be the go-to talent of that row, maybe for sustained cleave but not for ST.

Tbh, the only time I enjoyed BoS (and I truly did enjoy it) was with Blood during WoD (pre-BoS-nerf) and the icy chains glyph. With Frost I prefer dishing out abilities every GCD instead of just fueling my BoS. The only time I use it right now is during PvP with Gathering Storm (pretty sick sustained burst damage).
    The problem with Breath of Sindragosa is it's either too weak or too strong. It's exceptionally difficult to balance properly with the other talents. So it will either be the go to or avoided. Part of me thinks it should just either be made baseline or removed. With Frostscythe becoming baseline as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    The problem with Breath of Sindragosa is it's either too weak or too strong. It's exceptionally difficult to balance properly with the other talents. So it will either be the go to or avoided. Part of me thinks it should just either be made baseline or removed. With Frostscythe becoming baseline as well.
    Would it also be difficult to make Obliteration the best for ST, BoS the best for cleave (2-3 targets) and GA the best for AoE (4+ targets) though? That way we could swap our talents in that row based on the encounter we are going to participate in. I believe that talent rows where you choose your talent based on the encounter you're going to play are the best kinds of talent rows, that's just my opinion though.

Frostscythe baseline would be nice. I found Killing Machine to be kind of boring with just Obliterate, it's more fun when I have Frostscythe specced, but I really miss the RP generation from RA when I spec FSc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Would it also be difficult to make Obliteration the best for ST, BoS the best for cleave (2-3 targets) and GA the best for AoE (4+ targets) though? That way we could swap our talents in that row based on the encounter we are going to participate in. I believe that talent rows where you choose your talent based on the encounter you're going to play are the best kinds of talent rows, that's just my opinion though.

Frostscythe baseline would be nice. I found Killing Machine to be kind of boring with just Obliterate, it's more fun when I have Frostscythe specced, but I really miss the RP generation from RA when I spec FSc.
    The difference between BoS and Obliteration / Glacial advance

Is that it completely changes all talents leading up to it instead, like Murderous Effeciency, Horn of Winter, Empowered Rune weapon and probably needs legendary Ring and Belt more so than bracers to work.

will be interesting once all the tweaking is done.

and they really overbuffed Versatility this expac by making it so in line with Crit/mast in stat value across all specs/classes
    Last edited by Baddok21; 2016-11-21 at 06:50 PM.

I like playing BoS in PVP. I hate it as a PVE talent. Nothing sucks more than frontloading damage, it's one of the reasons why I swapped to Frost from UH (that and the fact that Uh sucks right now).

It's kind of silly they even gave BoS to frost considering that UH is the spec that suffers from a glut of RP while Frost uses it efficiently and effectively with Frost Strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    I like playing BoS in PVP. I hate it as a PVE talent. Nothing sucks more than frontloading damage, it's one of the reasons why I swapped to Frost from UH (that and the fact that Uh sucks right now).

It's kind of silly they even gave BoS to frost considering that UH is the spec that suffers from a glut of RP while Frost uses it efficiently and effectively with Frost Strike.
    Honestly if it went to unholy I feel like it would be up indefinitely...They do need to address the RP issue and double Sudden Doom problem with unholy. I think double doom should just be one charge two death coils fired. I think it's an absolute shit golden considering the resource overload of unholy. Maybe get rid of popping wounds = RP or make it so Death Coil uses up to x RP similar to what heroic strike used to be(could still be like that). 30 to 50/60RP more RP it uses the more damage it does. And then maybe it won't be such a shitty RP spender.

It does too little damage which is why they currently have a big buff for it slated on the 7.1.5 PTR.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The WoD version of the talent was the saving grace of the class back then, but the current version is undertuned and not as difficult to use as it was in WoD.