Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    It is very telling you respond to that particular post rather than the one he was responding to that called him a fanboy.
    Maybe you should do the same as you preach. Here, let me help you:

OP's question: Why is sometimes criticism regarding certain aspects of Legion quickly dismissed by some people?
    My reply: Blinders and fanboyism for the most part. People usually take criticism towards their favorite things as a personal attack.

Now, I see a forum user jumping on my throat calling me stupid; But nowhere do I see I calling him a fanboy.

People are generally dismissive because, instead of providing well-thought out arguments and potential solutions, they come to forums and post

"X sucks" "Y is broken" "Fix Z"

Probably 90-95% of all threads about WoW can be broken down into one of those three choices.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Apart from AP farming which is retarded, the game is the same as it always has been.

Class 1 :WAHH I WANNA BE THE BEST WITHOUT EFFORT.

Class 2: I AM THE BEST WITHOUT EFFORT, DONT NERF, OH FUCK NERF, WAHHH

Class 3:TOP GUILDS DONT TAKE MORE THAN 1 OF MY CLASS IN THEIR RAIDS, WAHHHH

Therefor, there isnt anything different, just people whining cause they can.

Yes, AK/AP system is retarded, it should become account wide ASAP, but it will never cause they probably believe they would make you sub more for playing your alt, than quitting.

Problem with WoW is the community, not the game.

Because top guild 1 stacks class x times, for whatever valid reason, guild 3000 and guild 5000 players believes it affect then somehow instead of simply focusing on doing the best they can on their own class, in their own guild.
    have you tried playing warlock? Aff's rotation is aweful. Demo same awefulness. Destro is meh.

I think the OP says about what they did by removing spells is that they made classes uninteresting and generally yes they did. And also alot of specs out there that are running on pure RNG. Thats no fun to play a class rly... I mean the more you master your class the better you should perform.

So I agree with the OP that at least the classes that I've played so far seem very meh on their rotation comparing to previous expansions.

Also AP/AK yes I post very often in here on how bad this system is in general.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Or people just have different issues with the game but apparently that isn't allowed. Everyone has to toe the hater party line right
    There's 2 kinds of mobs when it comes to the WoW Community.

Yes.

The Hate Train

The White Knights

And then, there's reasonable people
    Last edited by tikcol; 2016-11-21 at 08:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Blinders and fanboyism for the most part. People usually take criticism towards their favorite things as a personal attack.

And this isn't something only witnessed in this website, nor even only towards World of Warcraft, but with pretty much anything that has a fan-base.
    Blinders and Fanboyism is a childish attack which people use when they have no argument. If people are honestly enjoying the game they don't want to hear from some idiot nitpicking little details. Some people have so much time on their hands they can't be content with something that's fun.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Because it's better than WoD, therefore it has no faults.

people can defend legion all they want but they can't deny classes a pruned and boring as hell

Quote Originally Posted by plato13 View Post
    you forgot the retarded legendary rng system.

doing as much content that can reward a legendary and still only have sephuz secret. as for my part, if i dont get a useable legendary befor my current gametime expires i am done with the game.
    Lol at Sephuz Secret not being "useful"

I guess you've never stepped foot inside a mythic dungeon?
    And with the massive buff its getting, its going to be my best legendary by far.

You just sound like a whiner honestly. Go ahead and quit /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    People have different opinions. Our forum has hardly ignored the issue of what people perceive to be Legion's shortcomings. If anything there are far too many threads saying the same thing over and over. That's fine up to a point. But people disagree about things and that's fine too.

No need to think that your reality is the same as everyone else's.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-11-21 at 09:32 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I don't have any problem with people criticizing Legion, and in fact many of them I strongly agree with. However, I think these are often shot down because frankly, many players make stupid complaints, especially on this forum.
    Don't get me wrong, I think it's okay to have personal issues, like for example I've wanted more haircolors and less slumped over overmuscled male characters since Cataclysm, but every expansion you don't see me whining about it on a forum. It's a personal thing and not an objective (or at least a very popular subjective) criticism. If I did make a complaint about that in an MMO-C post I would assume people would come at me with shit like "why is this a big deal" and "stop whining" as they probably should.

It's not "fanboyism", it's that your complaint is bad and you should feel bad. Many people bitch about really minor, senseless things on this forum and it dilutes the power of complaints when everything that miffs someone is given a forum post. I defend Legion if I disagree with a person that the problem exists.
    Last edited by Irian; 2016-11-21 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Blinders and Fanboyism is a childish attack which people use when they have no argument. If people are honestly enjoying the game they don't want to hear from some idiot nitpicking little details. Some people have so much time on their hands they can't be content with something that's fun.
    It's a description, not an argument.
    And coming to a public place of discussion, seeking out specific topics of people voicing their criticism and then going after those folk because they do not want to hear "some idiot" nitpicking features - maybe they should, instead, be playing the game? Or, at the very least, not go into said threads?
    And, if they really want to discuss the things on said discussions, they can go on ahead and explain why they do think it's not a flaw. But this is not quite what the OP says - it talks about people who actively shut down and dismiss any and all criticism.

And the last part seems awfully lot like you expecting the player-base to settle for whatever comes their way and not voice their criticisms whatsoever. Glad people do not do so.
    Last edited by Darkeon; 2016-11-21 at 09:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dismissive because Blizzard listened to you last xpac and look at how that turned out.

Alpha testers and theorycrafters made a good point on this. Yet again their feedback got ignored, thanks to the overshadowing flood of shitposters.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh look...point proven
    Point proven? That people who dismiss any and all criticism are fanboys? What else would you call them?

And do note the word "Dismiss" in the OP; It isn't someone discussing matters and having a different opinion.
    Last edited by Darkeon; 2016-11-21 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Added a bit

and than blizzard comes along and let's people buy artifact research notes for 500 order resources... So in patch 7.1.5, you could knock out 20 world quests to catch up to your 1000, so unfair!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the game is at the best its ever been, certainly in recent memory. Legion is fucking great and part of that is because wod and mists left such low expectations but also just in its own merits. Having said that theirs a handful of really dumb dumb decisions that the developers have decided to make a battlefield out of. RNG legendaries is the most obnoxious one. They do this every expansion. Trust us itll be awesome. It invariably turns out shitty.

Generally because people on forums don't know how to voice criticisms like adults. It's always coupled with "I'm quitting" or "fuck blizzard" or some other drastic kneejerk reaction that cheapens/distracts from the original problem/

I appreciate some proper feedback, but there's just such a lack of it.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Generally because people on forums don't know how to voice criticisms like adults. It's always coupled with "I'm quitting" or "fuck blizzard" or some other drastic kneejerk reaction that cheapens/distracts from the original problem/

Theirs lot of it thats been offered. The developers just kinda plug their ears and come out with some cute story about why they are right. WRT the legendaries the story has changed over time. First it was if its not rng its just a grind. Now its youve got a story to tell!. All nonsense which has been pointed out to them as nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post

That much I can agree with.

Dismissing opinions of "Git gud" and the likes are just as bad as hot-headed, non-constructive criticism.
    I do not expect people to display the flaw and offer the solution (there's a reason why they are consumers and not developers themselves); But feedback, especially negative one, has to be done in a proper way.

As an expansion so far, I think Legion is great. Sure, my class isn't topping the charts, but I'm competitive at similar gear levels to others in my raid.

My issue is, after playing the game for so long, I find myself getting bored with content I used to be happy to do over and over.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    And you don't see a problem with this line of thinking here? Players have been giving feedback and warning about the direction Blizz was heading in in terms of class design since alpha, then beta, then live, then ptr, then live, etc etc. Positive and constructive feedback gets ignored ALL the time for years. Then they complain when players get mad on forums. Doesn't work that way.
    Ehm... And what exactly do you think will change by whining about it? Blizzard has always been very firm in their decisions, this is what they've decided, they wont budge just because people QQ about it, they never have.