Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by SafariDiscoLion View Post
    It doesn't matter at what point it kicks in or what gear is necessary for it; the fact that we had NT spam not that long ago and now Barrage-less rotations at ALL is proof that Quickening needs to be redone, as it's been the thorn in Arcane's side for all of Legion.
    I agree that it needs to be redone. My point was that players trying to learn Arcane are being given advice to emulate something that is likely less optimal than using Arcane Barrage.

The opposite, actually. I'll give up arcane if the live version of quickening is still a thing in 7.1.5. It's so, so irritating to have to sit there and manage stacks all fight long.

Long time arcane player here, going back to wrath, I switched to fire this expansion and I had never played fire before. Completely foreign to me. I switched and got the hang of it though. Thoroughly enjoy it actually. I love the playstyle at the moment.

I can say I don't feel as confident while raiding as I used to while playing arcane. From wrath to warlords, put me in a raid with solid gear and I KNEW I'd pull damn good dps. I had the arcane playstyle and mana management down. With fire I'm still trying to work things out.

I was bummed when I read they were altering the current fire playstyle, yet a bit happy to see the quickening playstyle is going away. I don't want to manage stacks of quickening to 50. It's awful.

The problem is I've pumped tons of AP into the fire weapon. I'm close to max fire AP and still have a good amount of arcane AP to go to maximize that weapon. Do I roll with fire and see what happens? Do I switch to arcane now and pump all my AP into the arcane weapon while getting arcane-centric drops? I've gotten some damn good fire relics; arcane not so much.

It's a bit maddening. Makes you not want to play with all the uncertainty. Reason for my post is I'm sure I'm not the only one out there is this boat. I know if I switch to arcane now, it'll help with arcane gear drops, but I feel my performance in raids won't be optimal. Curious to see if anyone is this same boat.

Quickening is dumb make it go away.

I hate having to manage quickening stacks, which can fall out due to impossible-to-prevent situations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Quickening is dumb make it go away.
    aaaaand its gone

RIP Quickening, honestly im find with Overpowered for NH progression. Especially for fights that will make you go brain dead like Spellblade and Tich

Deleted
    Well, Quickening is gone for now it seems. Though now the lvl100 talents are even more cookie-cutter... There is nothing to even remotely come close to Overpower now..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    aaaaand its gone
    It's not yet final ofc, but that's the second talent removed and salted, not an everypatch event during mid-expansion. No complaints, mind, I am just curious. And a bit worried as well, because Ice Flows, the (probably) 99% talent choice of players for years is still not becoming baseline, whatever they communicated before. Even less chance for that from now on, considering the PoM change and the new Missiles-on-the-move talent the blues hinted at.

And there is an empty slot now regarding the news. With Flux replacing Quickening*** and PoM becoming baseline, there are two options for the "missile" talent and for another undiscovered one, and one of these options competes with Shimmer.

*** A weird move imho, Overpowered should dominate Flux completely staying as they are.

Quickening gone. PoM baseline. AM castable while moving with a talent. Very Very good.

Last thing to be changes is : Evocation is super important for Arcanemage and needs to be castable on the move. Ice Floes was most important in combination with Evo and Evo needs that mobility.

Those developers.. Temporal Flux from t1 to top tier.. seriously? Do they rly think that this talent can compete with Overpower? It will never ever be picked. Am castable while moving should be a baseline not a fucking talent.

quickening is pure shit, just like rune of power

I remember that NT spam build, learned how to use it properly, played it for a whole dungeon and didn't touch arcane ever since

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hasublade View Post
    Those developers.. Temporal Flux from t1 to top tier.. seriously? Do they rly think that this talent can compete with Overpower? It will never ever be picked. Am castable while moving should be a baseline not a fucking talent.
    You might be undervalueing the use of a 20% cast time reduction (not the same as haste).
    Sure overpower makes AP a very strong dps cooldown and mana regeneration tool (around 20% of mana pool recovered) but after that window you wont have any direct damage increases untill the next AP, where's TF gives a bonus the whole time, and works alot better with mastery and especially kilt legendary for instance

Quote Originally Posted by skuzzie View Post
    You might be undervalueing the use of a 20% cast time reduction (not the same as haste).
    Sure overpower makes AP a very strong dps cooldown and mana regeneration tool (around 20% of mana pool recovered) but after that window you wont have any direct damage increases untill the next AP, where's TF gives a bonus the whole time, and works alot better with mastery and especially kilt legendary for instance
    The theory behind TF is good but it will never be picked simple cuz OP is just OP =) you will see.

We dont think Arcane Orb might be pretty awesome for more aoe centric fights, or Mythic +'s?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifttar View Post
    We dont think Arcane Orb might be pretty awesome for more aoe centric fights, or Mythic +'s?
    It definitely will, especially since trash damage is often more important than boss damage in M+. It will depend on the dungeon, same as now when you can choose between Supernova for boss damage and an occasional random interrupt/swing reset on trash and Resonance for a lot more trash damage. I choose between that depending on the configuration of trash mobs and how many casters there are.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Why would one take Arcane Orb when Overpowered can be just as useful for AoE'ing trash and far better for ST'ing the bosses in M+?

Going into the xpac I narrowed all toons down to either shadow priest or arcane mage. One of the strong pulls to mage was that quickening made the playstyle "feel" good because fast casts are fun. This is while playing it normally, no gimmicky rotations.

The loss of quickening hurts, but what might make me reroll is losing ice floes. My mage without ice floes is going to feel so shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    I looooove Arcane Orb. It's such a beautiful spell and it always reminds me of bowling for some reason whenever I use it. I'm glad it's getting a huge buff but i'm still not sure if it'll actually be viable compared to the other two.
    If they weren't also massively buffing Overpowered it might be viable.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation