Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    I miss the days....
    ...when people enjoyed the game and didnt bitch about everyone and -thing
    That time never existed.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I miss the days when people could correctly type "remember" instead of the retarded sounding "member" you see now...
    oh lord this so much.

On topic: I don't know why everyone takes a stance of either "everything was better" or "everything you're saying is only viewing it through nostalgia goggles". It can be a bit of both and in fact I believe it is so.

I liked the fact that different classes had different buffs and were well... different. Every class now seems to be the exact same: none of them has buffs, everyone has a cleave, all healers have aoe heals, etc. I liked trash mobs being more than a stack of dummies to cleave. Yes they can become dangerous in m+ (very dangerous) but at the end of the day no cc is ever done aside from 4 sec aoe stuns and they're all just dummies to hit. I liked professions being valuable aside from Alchemy with weapon oils, different enchants, useful gems, etc. I liked there being more than 4 stats, it made for interesting choices.

On the other hand, I do not miss reforging, I do not miss long ass dungeons (yes I'm looking at you blackrock depths) and I SURE AS FUCK don't miss the garrison, that was a stupid idea which I hope never comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    Some of those surely are nostalgia things.
    Im not talking about recreating nostalgia, altho i would love legacy servers.
    Im talking about mmo with some of those elements op mentioned.
    Any specific elements? I've played a LOT of different mmos and single-player games. I might be able to suggest some titles if you give details of what you're after.

Quote Originally Posted by dm10169 View Post
    (I need to make a comment on that last one…. Blizzard has us farm our little asses off for months, for the farm, the shipyard, the garrison, only to take it away, that’s BULLSHIT…
    You might want to petition a GM then because I still have my farm, shipyard and garrison on all my toons and they didn't go anywhere. Still have the garrison/shipyard hearth's too.

i miss the days when the game had numbers and stats on your items and those did something to your character. Agility does nothing for warriors for example.

Deleted
    I miss the days when the Lich King was the most terrifying thing ever.

I misss...

Ammunition for ranged weapons.
    Ranged weapons for warriors/rogues
    Everything a hunter weapon
    Eyes of the beast.
    Reagents - ESPECIALLY soul shards.
    The glyph UI
    A lower level cap.
    The keyring.
    Attunements
    Chris Metzen
    Multi-zone quests
    Class and professions quests
    When gold had actual value

If you call me nostalgic, I will pop a fucking bollock. It's not nostalgia. These are little flavour aspects of the game that I genuinely loved. I can still experience some of these things on private servers and I still love them. World of Warcraft was my perfect RPG. I did not play for the raids or the social interactions, I played WoW because I had fun with it. I do not have fun with WoW anymore. Instead of the slow and plodding RPG experience I want in a video game I get what is basically a rail shooter.
    Last edited by CataclismicSunrise; 2016-11-21 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    hmmm, millions of people disagree with you.
    No. 10/char

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I miss the days when people could correctly type "remember" instead of the retarded sounding "member" you see now...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_Berries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndI9vkgw_1Y

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/member-berries

Honestly, this is the most appropriate use of " 'member" that I've seen in a short while, and I think quite a bit of this season's themes in South Park could also appy to OP's post and similar ones.

Plenty of us played during those times, and they were fun for what they were, but times change, and there was plenty of shitty things that OP is just plain not remembering because of selective memory.

i really do miss my garrison's profession impact. fuck all of these gouging bastards selling glyphs for thousands, fuck them right in the urethra with barbed wire.

Yeah yeah.

I miss the days of corpse run until 3 am on plane of fear.
    I miss the days of camping a mob for 18+ hours.
    I miss the days of Vex Thal.
    I miss the days of Temple of Veeshan.

And so on, but I wouldn't do it again. I tried but got bored after 1 month and it wasn't the same game/system anyway.

Nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by CataclismicSunrise View Post
    I misss...

Ammunition for ranged weapons.
    Ranged weapons for warriors/rogues
    Everything a hunter weapon
    Eyes of the beast.
    Reagents - ESPECIALLY soul shards.
    The glyph UI
    A lower level cap.
    The keyring.
    Attunements
    Chris Metzen
    Multi-zone quests
    Class and professions quests
    When gold had actual value

If you call me nostalgic, I will pop a fucking bollock. It's not nostalgia. These are little flavour aspects of the game that I genuinely loved. I can still experience some of these things on private servers and I still love them. World of Warcraft was my perfect RPG. I did not play for the raids or the social interactions, I played WoW because I had fun with it. I do not have fun with WoW anymore. Instead of the slow and plodding RPG experience I want in a video game I get what is basically a rail shooter.
    Don't warriors have abilities to throw their weapons? Don't rogues have an entire spec that uses pistol-like abilities? Now that hunters have melee, all loot is again hunter loot xD

Honestly though, a lot of consumable stuff like reagents and ammo you just bought so much of that it didn't matter. That wasn't flavor, that was unnecessary tedium and bag-filling.

Attunements are back in the game for things like Kara and accessing Court of Stars/Arcway. They aren't being used currently for raids, because nobody likes having to run a new member through multiple stages of attunements just so they can replace a lost Tank/DPS/Healer in the raid comp.

Class and profession quests....are you joking? Have you even played Legion?

I miss handing out a buff every 5 minutes to 40 people in molten core and having to wear cloth gear.... oh wait no i dont.

I really miss AFKing a mob in Blasted Lands to up a weapons skill... oh wait that's not it either.

Coming into the same AV a few days later was pretty great, though!

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I miss handing out a buff every 5 minutes to 40 people in molten core and having to wear cloth gear.... oh wait no i dont.

I really miss AFKing a mob in Blasted Lands to up a weapons skill... oh wait that's not it either.

Coming into the same AV a few days later was pretty great, though!
    I mean, some of what you're talking about can still be found. How is leveling up a weapon skill really much different than sinking points into your artifact? Other than the AFK part where you attacked with a grey weapon to level up skills, not much.

Ashran tried to re-create the AV experience, but failed miserably. Mostly due to not understanding what made AV good in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by dm10169 View Post
    …of handing out buffs (Mark, Fort, Int, etc..)
    This is the number #1 thing that I prefer about Classic and the main reasons I always go back. Buffs were a very fun part of the game for me, especially as a Paladin. I understand why they were removed now that five man content was made progression, but I really do miss them pre-Cata.

…of calling out Saps, Sheeps, & Sleeps
    I do not. It was semi interesting in raids, but in dungeons it was just poor design. The main reason you would CC was because threat was a pain, not because the mobs were difficult to manage. Most mobs had 0 mechanics other than them being a caster or a melee mob, and over all trash in dungeons was very unfun. I MUCH prefer real utility like AOE stuns and mobility than CCing and waiting around.

…when running dungeons were fun and meters didn’t matter
    What you are describing is being a casual. Meters have always mattered there was just a time when you didn't care enough to know that.
    Dungeons are the most fun they have ever been right now for anyone who is serious about the game. Give it a shot!

…when Alliance and Horde would PVP each at the Gates of Orgrimmar & Stormwind
    When the fuck did that happen lol? I've never once seen that, and I've played the game since day one. Not on Nost, not on live, not anywhere. World PVP is a waste of time in every expansion, so once again you miss being a casual. Or more realistically, you miss the game having so little to do that people had to make their own fun.

…when you could spend your PVP currency on the gear you wanted
    That was what, 5 months ago?
    I don't pvp so I don't care about this, but gear isn't important now. So why does it matter if you can or can't buy some for PVP? Your stats don't matter.

…when healers could run out of mana and mana burn was a spell
    This was actually another major reason I always go back to classic. Mana was a very real resource, even for DPS! You can tell they were phasing it out heavily in Wrath so I'm not surprised we are where we are, but I do miss the days where Int gave you more mana, and managing mana was the main mechanic healers had to deal with, especially in dungeons.
    But now that they can all contribute meaningful DPS it seems like the next step towards healing being very engaging again.

…when a legendary, was a legendary
    Have you played Legion? Don't think anyone could agree with this who has. Some of the legendaries literally change your spec, your rotation, or your approach to a fight. There has NEVER been a legendary as strong as the HFC ring as well. It CRUSHED bosses.
    You miss when a Legendary was very rare, is what you meant to say, I'd imagine.
    I do not. It was very stressful deciding who to give them to. Always lost at least one entitled player that we wouldn't have if they just adopted this system earlier.

…being able to change your secondary stats
    Huge jump in timeline here huh? Yes, I also miss reforging and don't see why its not the perfect answer to the crisis we are in now where secondaries are better than primary stats.

…when glyphs were cool
    I'm glad they got rid of them. There were never cool ones cooler than they are now that change cosmetic appearance etc.
    They were either mandatory or useless. Its unfortunate that system was so underdeveloped.

…when gear sets were the coolest thing along with the shoulder
    There has been some cool ass gear in the last two expansions man. Have you seen the CM gear?
    And the tier sets from Nighthold are breathtaking. I am very satisfied with gear aesthetics atm.

… when weapon enchants had various glow effects
    You can transmog the weapon enchants now.
    They are ones that have actual 2016 quality glow effects that are just gorgeous. You should take a look.

…when engineers made really cool things
    You mean mandatory things for PVP in classic?
    Or mandatory things for PVE in MoP?
    Or things that bugged out encounters in ICC?
    I do not miss when engineering was mandatory.

…of extracting motes from the air
    There is no longer a need for that type of resource so I do not miss it.
    The collection of the elemental motes was cool in TBC, but seemed pointless in every other expansion.
    That being said, what you are describing is mining or herbing. I never understood why Engineering had that as a primary profession.

…of farming resistance gear for a particular boss
    Absolutely the thing I miss the least - the misinformation that resistance was needed for an encounter. The only people who ever benefited from it fully were tanks until Saphiron and Princess. It just seemed like some nonsense way to make the game more convoluted. Give me real mechanics that you can actually avoid any day.

…when people didn’t quit after a single failed boss attempt or even a fifth
    You should try playing with people who are serious about the game. Serious players wipe for a week on the same boss. Casuals like yourself leave when even the remotest of difficulty surfaces then go to boards to complain about the things you barely remember but apparently miss enough to make a thread on.

…of calling out, “You’re the BOMB, get out!!!”
    That same type of mechanic is on a lot of encounters. Nythendra alone has it, in a much more complicated fashion. What's there to miss?

…with the extreme Pride you felt when completing Molten Core and Black wing layer
    You don't capitalize "pride" btw.
    You should try raiding now. Its way more difficult than either of those raids. Now, saying you felt pride when you killed bosses in Naxx? That makes sense. People pug MC and BWL all the time. There isn't much pride to be had and never was. The only thing it required was commitment and enough time. The same two things exist in raids in every single expansion.

…when all hunters had traps
    Again, five months ago? They get them back in 7.1.5. Congrats.

...getting a season’s PVP set
    What did you miss about grinding out gear? I don't get it.

…getting a seasons PVE set
    Do you mean "tier?" Still in the game brother.

…when I had my farm, mine, fishing pier, garden that I could farm for current content items
    (I need to make a comment on that last one…. Blizzard has us farm our little asses off for months, for the farm, the shipyard, the garrison, only to take it away, that’s BULLSHIT… I hope everyone know they plan on giving us NEW Artifact Weapons, which is a reset making us rinse and repeat an AP Grind. It really bothers me, to lose all the stuff I spend many hours/days/months, building and leveling.
    Yeah, Yeah – I still have my farm, shipyard, garrison, mine, garden, pier – however ….they produce junk now, making them all DEAD and useless.
    Wow. You said you miss BWL and the Garrison in the same sentence. That is really fucking hard to believe honestly.
    But hate to break it to you... that's called an expansion! Happens every single time. Your previous efforts were invalidated.
    I replaced Dreadnaught shoulders with a blue at 71. Welcome to World of Warcraft.
    It seems like you really don't know much about this game.

I miss when people actually spent time researching the game in order to get better and more knowledgeable.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I mean, some of what you're talking about can still be found. How is leveling up a weapon skill really much different than sinking points into your artifact? Other than the AFK part where you attacked with a grey weapon to level up skills, not much.

Ashran tried to re-create the AV experience, but failed miserably. Mostly due to not understanding what made AV good in the first place.
    Weapon skill affected your hit chance (another thing im happy is gone). So, artifacts are like a progressive bonus while weapon skills were a straight punishment.

On top of that, if you were to get an awesome drop that wasn't a weapon you had max skill in, it was pretty much garbage until you maxed it out. Hit and expertise made this global.

I do miss some of the RPG flavour things that the game used to have and no longer has.

Only thing I truly miss outside of wow being shiny and new is the community aspect. The community is shit now. CRZ has killed trade chat in major cities. People act like complete trash most of the time as there are no consequences.

Community really hasn't been the same in the past 5 years it just gets worse. SO many people from the old days I played with are long gone...says a lot I guess about expectations for gaming time and what Blizzard is catering to.

I miss the days of people playing the games they like instead of bitching about the ones they don't

Deleted
    To op. If you like accomplishments that lasts: Chek out wurm online. Not sure there are people still playing it though