Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    Why do people want to ask Trump questions? What is that going to accomplish? Trump, once in office, will still be in charge after answering them.
    Gee, I wonder why being informed as to Presidential policy and goings on is remotely important...

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Gee, I wonder why being informed as to Presidential policy and goings on is remotely important...
    I was referring to comments about "where are the press releases?" Why do the press need to ask questions? Trump can relay everything that is happening without having to be asked questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was referring to comments about "where are the press releases?" Why do the press need to ask questions? Trump can relay everything that is happening without having to be asked questions.
    So the things he's prepared to comment about on a whim to his preferred news source rather than an open forum for discussion.

Very balanced and nonpartisan.

So the things he's prepared to comment about on a whim to his preferred news source rather than an open forum for discussion.

Very balanced and nonpartisan.
    I still fail to see how asking questions changes anything. He will still be in charge after answering the questions. He can still relay all of his plans without answering questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still fail to see how asking questions changes anything. He will still be in charge after answering the questions. He can still relay all of his plans without having to answer questions.
    Well that's your own bloody mental block, isn't it? The point isn't to put him out of office.

I still fail to see how asking questions changes anything. He will still be in charge after answering the questions. He can still relay all of his plans without answering questions.
    mmm
    an example. he posts a video on youtube with the plans to invade a country (any country), without a real cause. you will make many questions
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    mmm
    an example. he posts a video on youtube with the plans to invade a country (any country), without a real cause. you will make many questions
    Unless you are personally involved, how do you know any "cause" is real?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's an entire field devoted to the subject of national interest, so...yeah.

Also psychology is a thing.

a war is fought mostly because of the agression of other country, or the agression on an ally of said country (or the inminent threat of a war). without those reasons, going to a war is stupid.
    see iraq

There's an entire field devoted to the subject of national interest, so...yeah.

Also psychology is a thing.
    And I know all that is real without being personally involved, how?

- - - Updated - - -

a war is fought mostly because of the agression of other country, or the agression on an ally of said country (or the inminent threat of a war). without those reasons, going to a war is stupid.
    see iraq
    While I agree, I still fail to see how I know a "cause" is really happening without being personally involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I know all that is real without being personally involved, how?
    By not being a solipsist, for one.

While I agree, I still fail to see how I know a "cause" is really happening without being personally involved.
    i think i understand your line of thought, but i'm talking about of the people that will be sent to their deaths on that hipothetical war and their families. they should want as many questions asked (and answered... or responded, i dunno here)

By not being a solipsist, for one.
    I don't think I am one, I simply have no way to determine the reality of something I am not personally involved in. If I did, I would use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I am one, I simply have no way to determine the reality of something I am not personally involved in. If I did, I would use it.
    Again, sounds like a personal problem.

i think i understand your line of thought, but i'm talking about of the people that will be sent to their deaths on that hypothetical war and their families. they should want as many questions asked (and answered... or responded, i dunno here)
    How do they know the answers are true? If they can't determine this, how is asking them going to help?

- - - Updated - - -

Again, sounds like a personal problem.
    It is. For everyone. How do they determine the reality of things they are not personally involved in?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is. For everyone. How do they determine the reality of things they are not personally involved in?
    The four C's: Compare and Contrast, Critical thinking, not being a dumb Cunt.

There's a lot of ways to analyse things.

How do they know the answers are true? If they can't determine this, how is asking them going to help?

For your first point, you must assume goodwill, and that the investigative labor of the media works for a change (looking for answers)
    for your second point, that's why you get cross-checks and try to get your data from many sources as possible. this is the work (a shitty one indeed) of historians

The four C's: Compare and Contrast, Critical thinking, not being a dumb Cunt.

There's a lot of ways to analyse things.
    I've used all those, but determining reality from unreality still doesn't happen until I am personally involved. All that happens when I am not personally involved is choosing what to believe is real or not, not actually knowing what is real or not.

When did some people become this gullible and stupid?
    I hear it like this : " media says things, we beilive, what if they lie? Let's kill professional journalism because we are too thick to not beilive everything we hear."

For your first point, you must assume goodwill, and that the investigative labor of the media works for a change (looking for answers)
    for your second point, that's why you get cross-checks and try to get your data from many sources as possible. this is the work (a shitty one indeed) of historians
    None of that helps me. I still must, at the end of it all, choose to believe or not. And my belief might be based on reality or it might not.