CoS scrub question

I don't have a guild, I only do PUG without voice chat. Everytime I do Court of Stars, at the beginning people manage to jump over that little stream at the right hand side of the bridge except me The dungeon itself isn't too hard with people that can interrupt, I've done it in mythic+ but I have that little problem at the beginning and people think I'm a total scrub because we have to kill that mob on the bridge -_-

How the hell do you guys make that jump? I'm a healer so of course the tank always jumps over, rushes to the next pack of mob and out of range and I feel stupid having to pull that mob on the bridge...

Quote Originally Posted by Remire View Post
    I don't have a guild, I only do PUG without voice chat. Everytime I do Court of Stars, at the beginning people manage to jump over that little stream at the right hand side of the bridge except me The dungeon itself isn't too hard with people that can interrupt, I've done it in mythic+ but I have that little problem at the beginning and people think I'm a total scrub because we have to kill that mob on the bridge -_-

How the hell do you guys make that jump? I'm a healer so of course the tank always jumps over, rushes to the next pack of mob and out of range and I feel stupid having to pull that mob on the bridge...

Dont take this as being mean but its not very hard, you dont have to jump the entire distance jump in the water then jump at the ledge.

Do a CoS run, stay in the instance afterwards and practice for a few mins without others around telling you to hurry up etc and you'll figure it out easily enough

Thanks for the reply. Yes, staying and practising isn't a bad idea. I've never really been able to practise since as I said before, I'm a healer and the tank always rushes forward so I either pull the mob on the bridge or I let him die

Just mount up and jump, makes it a whole lot easier!

Quote Originally Posted by Morg View Post
    Do a CoS run, stay in the instance afterwards and practice for a few mins without others around telling you to hurry up etc and you'll figure it out easily enough
    This has always been my go-to method of getting the hang of an instance.

Back in the days (after they removed trash respawns though) I used to team up with guildies and do a full clear of a dungeon. And by full clear I mean every single mob in there. That served two purposes.
    1) You get a feel for the composition of pulls you normally skip, in case they are accidentally pulled in a "live run".
    2) You get a completely empty instance you can run through to familiarise yourself with. For cognitive reasons it is very effective to run through the empty instance and try to mentally place each of the groups, patrols, and running paths.

This is total overkill for casual gaming, as the time you need to invest to really "learn" the instances is massive, and if you do not maintain it, it disappears quickly. But it was also one of the reasons why I could sleep-walk through the TBC and WotLK timewalk weeks recently. Because I still had the complete runs programmed into memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Remire View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, staying and practising isn't a bad idea. I've never really been able to practise since as I said before, I'm a healer and the tank always rushes forward so I either pull the mob on the bridge or I let him die
    I'm a tank and I think I speak for most tanks in this regard. Take your time and skip the bridge properly. I will not die to a single construct. An unexpected body pull on the bridge construct is a recipe for disaster and broken dreams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed this ends up with 2xconstruct and then its FUCKING NIGHTMARE if ya got low dps
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just reroll DH and use your double jump. Problem solved forever.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

use waterwalking / strider mount.