Page 1 of 2
LastLast

NEW Chaos Cleave talent. Amazing?

So for those who haven't tried it out yet on PTR. The new Chaos Cleave talent states: Deals an addition 25% damage to all enemies within range. This is as of right now working in ST as well now too. Discuss!

I really enjoy it. Hopefully it's the go to talent.

Deleted
    still first blood gives you more on ST

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bryntjl View Post
    So for those who haven't tried it out yet on PTR. The new Chaos Cleave talent states: Deals an addition 25% damage to all enemies within range. This is as of right now working in ST as well now too. Discuss!
    whats gonna happen to my bracer legendary tho

Deleted
    PTR - stuff can still be nerfed. I think its to early to cheer..

Do additional chaos strike crits refund fury like the earlier chaos cleave talent?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bryntjl View Post
    I wonder if the ST aspect is unintended or not (considering First Blood)

7+ Year Old Account
    I imagine the ST damage increase is not intentional. If it is, then you're right - amazing.

If not, then it will shine on fights with a primary target that still has very frequent aoe packs in melee range... which is basically never.
    disco inferno

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it makes much sense. Havoc already have built-in cleave/aoe on almost all our abilities. Do we really need it on our basically only single target skill?

Cleave also hitting the main target as well sounds like a bug.

Deleted
    Next evolution : Demon's blade is now baked into chaos strike the rotation become 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

Quote Originally Posted by OlorinOrigin View Post
    Next evolution : Demon's blade is now baked into chaos strike the rotation become 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
    Not sure what kind of priority/"rotation" you're doing but you probably aren't doing much dps.

As for the talent, I'm not really sure how I feel about all this. Still too early to define any new builds or deviate from any current ones like Momentum. (Like there is any other build atm) I really enjoy the playstyle and feel of Momentum/Demon Blades and sincerely hope it remains fiercely competitive like it is now.

I was looking through my old logs, and looked at a couple of the top dh on single target fights to make sure it wasn't just me... But it looks like this talent would actually come out ahead of Bloodlet even in single target unless I'm looking at it wrong. I know first blood is better purely single target, but it looks like if there's multiple mobs at all chaos cleave will be the best one to have I think? Which makes it seem like Bloodlet will be useless unless you have the throw glaive legendary.

Deleted
    Way too much amazing. And probably not working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by iFool View Post
    Way too much amazing. And probably not working as intended.
    If we end up below mages, it'll remain as-is. If we overtake mages, it'll be "fixed".

Deleted
    Hah, well, I think it's a matter of how the talent is supposed to work. But I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Probably a bug that will be fixed and then it will be only usefull for MM+

"Chaos Strike Hits All Nearby enemies for an additional 25% damage."

>an Additional.

i think it's safe to say it's intentional. Otherwise the tooltip wouldn't say "additional", because by putting "additional" you are implying you are already doing some damage to at least one of the targets.

if it wasn't intentional, i think it would say something like "hits enemies close to your target", or some variation of how its written on live "an additional enemy".

Anyway, i hope it stays like that. sounds really awesome, even more considering the number of fights with Ads.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it very hard to believe that this is intended otherwise this is the latest 100% pick-rate talent. I mean, yeah, sure it would be great to have a 25% buff on the majority of our damage but there is no point hoping that it will remain like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    I find it very hard to believe that this is intended
    Chaos Strike Hits All Nearby enemies for an additional 25% damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    otherwise this is the latest 100% pick-rate talent.
    First Blood is still better ST
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

First Blood is better because Chaos Cleave doesn't work in meta with annihilation, or is simply better because you simmed it?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk