Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Maybe they will make Destiny 2 instead of Bungie, they may do a better job, also could be a better financial standpoint for Activision.

Starcraft FPS makes sense I guess since they did have Starcraft Ghost in development before.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was always sad they cancelled Ghost, I'd like to see it make a comeback.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    VR game that simply lets you tour the entire WoW world, interacting with NPCs and so on.
    Yeah, a VR RPG would be cool if done well.

Deleted
    Ive run all the options through my head of what people have been saying like vr overwatch pve etc etc and i believe the most logical option is a new diablo game.

If you want an idea of a 1st person diablo game look up a game Warhammer: End Times Vermintide. It was made on a budget but if bliz can do something like it with a custom engine diablo lore then im sold on the idea already.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Blizzard and first-person in the same place make me think about Skyrim. Though i don't really like first person, i want to see my character decked in gear (if it's an rpg).

Definitely interesting.
    Blizzard with a skyrim-type game?? *throws money at screen*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Blizzard and first-person in the same place make me think about Skyrim. Though i don't really like first person, i want to see my character decked in gear (if it's an rpg).

Definitely interesting.
    Looking at finances, it makes at lot more sense to try your hands at an subscription MMO if you have a successful RPG franchise (like Bethesda did) than the other way round. A single player RPG has a harder time with monetization, and might on top of that cannibalize customers from WoW.

Dunno how well Diablo III did on consoles, but if not that, then certainly Overwatch taught them there is a huge market waiting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Looking at finances, it makes at lot more sense to try your hands at an subscription MMO if you have a successful RPG franchise (like Bethesda did) than the other way round. A single player RPG has a harder time with monetization, and might on top of that cannibalize customers from WoW. Dunno how well Diablo III did on consoles, but if not that, then certainly Overwatch taught them there is a huge market waiting.
    I dont think a new mmo from bliz would cannibalize customers from WoW. Because by the time this game gets released will be near the end of wow expansion 9 with no doubt sub numbers alteast half or if not more of what it currently is now. Plus alot of people just play wow because there isnt anything better to play mmo wise at the moment and by the looks of it there isnt anything coming out from any of the big publishers either :/

Deleted
    Its gonna be a first person pokemon game with battle pets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Blizzard focuses on multiplayer, not open world single-player rpgs.
    They used to focus on RTS and top down RPGs, and then they made WoW, then they mostly focused on that MMORPG, then they made Hearthstone and HotS, and then they made Overwatch, when they had never made an FPS before...

They can do whatever they want... And their single player campaigns have been great in their RTS games and Diablo, I don't doubt they could make a damn good story driven single player only title... I badly want them to make a Bethesda style RPG. Personally I would love to see it in a Warcraft time setting we haven't spent much, if any time in... Something in the past, that wouldn't be explored in WoW, maybe between the first and second wars.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Looking at finances, it makes at lot more sense to try your hands at an subscription MMO if you have a successful RPG franchise (like Bethesda did) than the other way round. A single player RPG has a harder time with monetization, and might on top of that cannibalize customers from WoW.

Dunno how well Diablo III did on consoles, but if not that, then certainly Overwatch taught them there is a huge market waiting.
    Yes, it makes more sense. Though they have huge revenues from WoW in first place, OW which has become pretty fast a new big hit (look at crates purchases) and Heartstone with the booster pack is extremely good given how few resources they have spent on it. Add to all of this the possibility of future support and monetization from Diablo3 with character packs (still a possibility due to how necro is received, pricing and the status of the game in a year from now).

They definitely have space for new projects and investments. There have been lots of new job applications in Blizzard last year (including a new game lead manager) for an unannounced project in the Diablo franchise - most of them are covered now and there are still Diablo related jobs open for more specific stuff. So there's the chance a new Diablo game is coming.

The strangest thing is the focus on first-person. They have OW now, so if this job was for OW they wouldn't have labeled it as an unannounced project i suppose.

Granted, we don't know anything about this. It could be really anything related to any game. But if i think about Blizzard and their "classic" style, something like Skyrim comes to my mind. Just because it's the only recent action/RPG game with first person view (which i never use tbh because i think it just sucks).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft in style look to Skyrim could be awesome. But probably we will get second overwatch...

Sandbox Elder Scrolls WoW MMO for sure

Deleted
    Skyrim clone please.

Everything else FPS related sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Skyrim clone please.

Well, they could go through a steampunk/scifi/basically anything not fantasy environment which blends well with first person. Basically any combat system that focuses on ranged attacks/weapon.

Imho Skyrim works best with 3rd person. What's cool in having your character geared with awesome stuff and not being able to see it during gameplay?
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    A Vermintide-style game set in the Diablo universe. Literally confirmed by me.

Deleted
    Diablo4 in fallout4 style.

Force Gaming (youtuber) believes (or wishes) it to be Overwatch MMO :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5Y0B7OQDzs

Personally I find it unlikely (considering Project Titan as far as we know WAS supposed to be "Overwatch MMO"). But perhaps I'm biased as it probably wouldn't be my cup of tea. I'd much rather have fantasy and medieval styles when it comes to RPG-like games, not too much into scifi apart from a few exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Skyrim clone please.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    They used to focus on RTS and top down RPGs, and then they made WoW, then they mostly focused on that MMORPG, then they made Hearthstone and HotS, and then they made Overwatch, when they had never made an FPS before...

They can do whatever they want... And their single player campaigns have been great in their RTS games and Diablo, I don't doubt they could make a damn good story driven single player only title... I badly want them to make a Bethesda style RPG. Personally I would love to see it in a Warcraft time setting we haven't spent much, if any time in... Something in the past, that wouldn't be explored in WoW, maybe between the first and second wars.
    Aye but I think there is some point in what he was trying to say: Blizzard has always had a big part of their focus on the multiplayer component, especially recently where it is coupled with a big push for esports. Starcraft, Diablo and WoW still have singleplayer & story components, but a big part of their focus still is multiplayer. Heroes, Hearthstone and Overwatch all focus primarily in PvP multiplayer.

So it's defenitely reasonable to see the possibility of a Blizzard full singleplayer-only RPG with some skepticism.

With that said, it's very much possible it could be a Elder Scrolls - style game with Diablo-like multiplayer and "endgame" built-in - Battle.net friends can drop in and drop out on your questing, with the world and enemies scaling to the size of your party. It could even be done with a big focus on co-op multiplayer (Warhammer Vermintide style), but I dont think that to be very likely.

WIth that said, I'm with you: As much as I think it's unlikely, I would absolutely love a Beteshda style RPG from Blizzard (especially if it allowed me to explore and quest in small groups with friends), be it Diablo, Warcraft or a new franchise.

Thing is, if you already have a successful subscription MMO, why wouldn't you try different things if you have the chance? Being a Beteshda-style RPG doesn't necessarily mean it would be Singleplayer-only if made by Blizzard.

And I mean, even if it was singleplayer.. Skyrim sold over 20 million copies total. Fallout 4 sold 12 million copies in 24 hours only. A beteshda-style RPG with the Blizzard name on it, and with the ammount of marketing Blizzard usually has, would almost certainly be a success.

In fact, I'd argue it's the other way around. It's a much greater risk to go from a singleplayer RPG to an MMORPG because MMORPGs require a much bigger investment and development time. Not to mention if the MMORPG fails, they won't have a lot of money flowing in because a buy-once game doesn't provide continuous income. On the other hand if you have a successful sub-based MMORPG, a singleplayer RPG is a small investment that won't backfire too hard if not successful, because in the whole development time and even after you have been getting subscription and expansions money.

Blizzard could make money with pretty much any genre they decided too. Obviously the real question will come down to wether they want to make it, and wether the result profit is worth the investment/time.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-11-23 at 02:52 PM.

FPS mmo, could also be a minecraft like game.