Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    "Join DateSep 2012" nice try.

Salty, yes to see everyone flame 3 guild because they are the popular target and not the 2 another while they use bug too. so, hi to shadow priest insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lengs View Post

It saves roughly 6-7 minutes, meaning it only takes 1-2 minutes to get the first crystal buff.
    Subsequently, players can always replenish buff to 11-12 minutes after each crystal thereafter.
    I agree that Nightbane isn't easy to kill and can possibly justify the reward of the mount for the kill itself.
    But the speed run in unlocking Nightbane is not all that easy either and this is required to even get the chance to kill Nightbane.
    Less skilled/geared players would not even be able to complete the speed run without exploiting.
    There is a reason that Nightbane mount is at 100% drop rate before the next patch as it is essentially recognizing players' skills and time/effort in gears/artifacts and rewarding them for it.
    6-7 minutes is quite alot indeed, don't know about the skill needed though without exploit, i mean my group are deffo not the most skilled players (Not bad also) out there, and we are also not geared to the teeth (Progress is at 1/7M EN atm) and our latest clear had like 3-4 min left at curator when he died, which seems quite lenient as we also dont use any stuff like invis pots to skip the mobs behind opera and we deffo did not had a truely smooth clear (some death here and there).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hikenz View Post
    They just doesnt have use the same
    Well Methods movie is out, so it seems pretty clear they didn't exploit, else it would have been visible. Will see about serenity when they release theirs, however seeing that they still have their achies i think, there seems no reason at this moment to suggest they exploited.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikenz View Post
    "Join DateSep 2012" nice try.

Salty, yes to see everyone flame 3 guild because they are the popular target and not the 2 another while they use bug too. so, hi to shadow priest insanity.
    So you made burner accounts years ago. That's some advanced level saltyness.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    its not an idea... its something that happens with any company in the world, and used to happen with wow. When you release new software you do have people monitoring to make sure everything is fine.

In this case we are talking about a massive mmo that has a massive dev team and GM team and customer support team that works around the clock.

You think nihilum and dnt took 1 day to clear KT... you know how many time he was hotfixed until? How many hours the devs were actively monitoring.

You just never worked a day in your life thats why you don't get my point.
    You have 0 clue, devs are still talking to top guilds, and they were actively monitoring and responding to bug reports at least until weekend rolled about. And honestly, it was fine. Some things were hastily hotfixed, in fact, I believe this exact bug was hotfixed on thursday, but for some reason, the hotfix was rolled back (probably batched in with some other hotfix that was later reverted), same as the hotfix that was in hotfix notes, where helya could start breath, submerge, and blobs would still spawn.

Is it a fault of Blizzard that this bug was allowed to be taken advantage of? Sure. Was it in the power of the guild to not take advantage of it? Absolutely. This is such an obscure exploit that unless you explicitly try for it, it will probably never happen in such a manner that it would benefit you.

Method knew about this exploits' existence, but decided not to use it. Sure, Exorsus and From Scratch showed fundamental weakness if they felt the need to actively exploit. Limits explanation is very immature - they did it, so I will too!, but given circumstances, somewhat understandable, as Blizzard has been really really inconsitent with punishing exploiters (think Archimonde Source of Chaos outranging which was also clearly untintended or Thogar trains not spawning at all).

If Blizzard is using this to send a message, good on them for doing it in a 3 boss raid that doesn't matter a great deal. Hopefully, in Nighthold, no one will feel the urge to exploit an obvious bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Such a shame Limit "gave in" after what was it.. 500 wipes?
    Honestly, I can see why they were pressured to use it.

Other guilds were doing it too, were beating them, and there's plenty of cases where the good guy that took the high road winds up getting fucked in the end.

I can't believe a lot of posts here asking for perma-bans though. To me, that's the biggest shame here and luckily none of you make that call. This was handled fine. An 8-day ban is fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Honestly, I can see why they were pressured to use it.

Other guilds were doing it too, were beating them, and there's plenty of cases where the good guy that took the high road winds up getting fucked in the end.

I can't believe a lot of posts here asking for perma-bans though. To me, that's the biggest shame here and luckily none of you make that call. This was handled fine. An 8-day ban is fine.
    "Other guilds were doing it too"

Why do some people think it's fine to cheat if someone else does it first/as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    "Other guilds were doing it too"

Why do some people think it's fine to cheat if someone else does it first/as well...

Exactly! Also "they were forced to"? No-one held a gun to their head

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post

and why not perma bans ? its not different then using honor buddy and others form of cheating - cheating is cheating and should be pusnihed exackly the same - 8 day ban is a joke.

Deleted
    What about Serenity?

https : // vid.me/IZ6u

One of the main reason as to why there's so much bitterness flying around due to the bans is that Blizzard in the past have been so very inconsistant with when then ban people, and due to what reasons.

To give some examples on blatant exploits or very heavy "cleaver use of game mechanics":
    Ra-Den; By exploiting a badly tested boss, everyone was able to avoid 50% of the bosses mechanics, making him a super easy fight.
    Amber-Shaper Un'sok; By exploiting a weird damage formula you could skip all of phase 2 by stacking mages.
    Thok; You could stand dead center of him, and avoid every single mechanic of the fight, making him a simple tank and spank fight.
    Siegecrafter; Certain movement abilities made it so that you only needed a very low amount of people handling the assembly line.

That's just a few examples of things that could very well be considered either very big exploits, or at the very least abuse of game mechanics. None of the above resulted in bans or any sort of punishement, but all gave the guilds using them a very big edge over the guilds who didn't use them. I'm sure if I try harder I can find several more exploits over the past few expansions which are at the same degree as the one used on Helya.

My issue with this is not that the people got banned for exploiting, my issue with all of this is that Blizzard is so very inconsistent in how they handle things like this that it makes guilds willing to take, what they see as, a 50/50 chance to get an edge. (50/50 may be to high of a chance to get banned, it's more like a 90/10 split, with the 10 being your chance to get banned.)
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    One of the main reason as to why there's so much bitterness flying around due to the bans is that Blizzard in the past have been so very inconsistant with when then ban people, and due to what reasons.

To give some examples on blatant exploits or very heavy "cleaver use of game mechanics":
    Ra-Den; By exploiting a badly tested boss, everyone was able to avoid 50% of the bosses mechanics, making him a super easy fight.
    Amber-Shaper Un'sok; By exploiting a weird damage formula you could skip all of phase 2 by stacking mages.
    Thok; You could stand dead center of him, and avoid every single mechanic of the fight, making him a simple tank and spank fight.
    Siegecrafter; Certain movement abilities made it so that you only needed a very low amount of people handling the assembly line.

That's just a few examples of things that could very well be considered either very big exploits, or at the very least abuse of game mechanics. None of the above resulted in bans or any sort of punishement, but all gave the guilds using them a very big edge over the guilds who didn't use them. I'm sure if I try harder I can find several more exploits over the past few expansions which are at the same degree as the one used on Helya.

My issue with this is not that the people got banned for exploiting, my issue with all of this is that Blizzard is so very inconsistent in how they handle things like this that it makes guilds willing to take, what they see as, a 50/50 chance to get an edge. (50/50 may be to high of a chance to get banned, it's more like a 90/10 split, with the 10 being your chance to get banned.)
    Maybe this is Blizzard getting more consistent. My hope is that this is the way of things to come, a 0 tolerance for exploits would be a nice thing to see.

We knew what we did, it would be nice for a little feedback though, we approached it telling blizzard via twitter and the in game bug report system what we found days before we resorted to our final strategy and didn't get a response. No excuse though, we accept the penalty.
    Last edited by Hauntedd; 2016-11-23 at 01:41 PM.

Personally I do not regret anything and amuse myself with so many pointless reactions! All means are good to kill a boss.

No regrets. This is neither the first time nor the last that top guilds exploit. The only difference is the ban at the end! Pity (:
    https://gyazo.com/f5da8886c4055d1472f76fe06d8319c6
    https://twitter.com/TuuxxWOW/status/801415865514213376

From Scratch Guild Master. Already deleted the first tweet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
    What about Serenity?

In this case it's hard to judge the kill. Viklund should no doubt be banned, but probably not the whole guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    His second tweet isn't wrong, though. Although they should probably learn to gauge the risk / reward meter better next time.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

What about Serenity?

So it begins...

Deleted
    Looks like From Scratch will never learn. Half of the raid got banned for exploiting the AK bug, the guild is banned for exploiting the Helya bug a few days after, and Tuux says afterwards that they will keep using all means necessary? That's a really weird conception.

"All means are good to kill a boss" lol no

Deleted
    What about Serenity?

what does it even mean?!

Quote Originally Posted by abald View Post
    what does it even mean?!
    it should drain when he isnt doing anything and running to the target, but it doesnt drain as much as it should.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    blizz has fault for ignoring game breaking bug feedbacks and not communicating with guilds attempting it. Did they have enough time given to respond ? yes

They could have just tweeted about the bug and tell guilds not to exploit it . What did blizz do instead ? They did nothing.
    Shouldn't have to respond, read the ToS.
    7. C. (i).
    "Using or exploiting errors in design, features which have not been documented, and/or "program bugs" to gain access that is otherwise not available, or to obtain a competitive advantage over other players;"

Honestly banning was too much, they should have just removed the achievement and rewards. Its a bug so what, not like as they hacked the system or something