Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaft4783 View Post
    Forgive me, but I don't see the point in comparing real-life cash theft vs an "exploit" in a video game.

I know I can't take cash from an ATM. It's obvious theft. Doing something in a raid boss fight that allows the boss to not execute a mechanic? Do I know that's illegal at the time?

What about all the raid groups who would exit EN after nyathendra to bug the trash? That's an exploit. Should all of those people be banned?
    Well that is trash, that isn't a boss & most likely you lose out on potiental BoEs & Legendaries.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Forgive me, but I don't see the point in comparing real-life cash theft vs an "exploit" in a video game.

I know I can't take cash from an ATM. It's obvious theft. Doing something in a raid boss fight that allows the boss to not execute a mechanic? Do I know that's illegal at the time?

What about all the raid groups who would exit EN after nyathendra to bug the trash? That's an exploit. Should all of those people be banned?
    If you don't know exploiting is against the ToS then you only have yourself to blame if you get banned for using an exploit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    To be fair Limit did report the exploit.
    after using it?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Lets ban all those world first Mythic Eythendra trash kills.... oh wait...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goilas View Post
    This means that after one week ZERO na guilds have killed Helya. 3 boss raid. One week, 3 boss raid and no kill. Come on...
    NA LUL

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Can blizzard permanently ban serenity next?
    What do they have to do with this? WutFace

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    after using it?
    They reported it last week on the 17th.

https://twitter.com/RizzenWoW/status/799436923282391041

wait how is this an exploit?

They deserve She Deep Breaths More instead of ban.

after using it?
    If you read the topic you'd already know the answer to that.

after using it?
    Before using it according to that statement. I'm not saying it excuses what they did but in your scenario you explicitly said the person did not tell the bank about the broken atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Except they didn't
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Most people that got caught are already back in the game making hella gold
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Good. Guilds who exploit should be banned. Permanently.
    I guess Blizzard's testers should be banned too for not finding a flaw in the boss fight mechanics that could be exploited. Honestly, if anyone discovers a flaw in the design of game mechanics, they should be reporting it, however developers shouldn't be banning them for exploiting it, the achievement should be removed and all loot that was acquired removed upon fixing the boss encounter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    They reported it last week on the 17th.

https://twitter.com/RizzenWoW/status/799436923282391041
    ouch, ok wtf blizz

If only they had reported it, and not abused it.. They would've been World 3rd (if they killed it)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I guess Blizzard's testers should be banned too for not finding a flaw in the boss fight mechanics that could be exploited. Honestly, if anyone discovers a flaw in the design of game mechanics, they should be reporting it, however developers shouldn't be banning them for exploiting it, the achievement should be removed and all loot that was acquired removed upon fixing the boss encounter.
    and then they would just do it again... and over and over till blizzard gives up or doesent notice they exploited

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    If you read the topic you'd already know the answer to that.
    yeah it says they admited to exploiting... people were saying before

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Before using it according to that statement. I'm not saying it excuses what they did but in your scenario you explicitly said the person did not tell the bank about the broken atm.
    yeah but the bank will still have you arrested, even if you tell them, after taking the money...
    or atleast ask for the money back, and if you say no, then arrest you
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-11-22 at 10:40 PM.

...What about all the raid groups who would exit EN after nyathendra to bug the trash? That's an exploit. Should all of those people be banned?
    That was not an exploit. It was not "bugging" out the trash. The trash was linked to the boss. boss was dead, why shouldn't the instance be reset to clear the trash. Raid misses out on potential for epics to get to the part of the raid that is more fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

By the way, the bans are for 8 days, aka, all of next reset.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Reporting a bug then subsequently abusing it to get your kill does not take away the fact that you exploited for your kill. What do you expect, blizz to come up with a fix in 5 days, push it live and everything is wonderful? The most dangerous thing you can do is push a fix too quickly that breaks something else, rather than just thinking people will have the common sense to see that something is clearly an exploit and not abuse it. Did they need blizzard's affirmation about the bug for them to understand they shouldn't be abusing it? Don't think so...

Blizzard has been monitoring the top guilds for the past few years, and have at several times fixed exploits and bugs quickly after they see them. They've also usually been quite quick at fixing bugs or exploits which top guilds are reporting, especially when it's a big and noticeable one like this one.

No matter how you look at it, it's a shit situations, which was handled poorly by both the guilds using it, and Blizzard who didn't fix it, nor told them not to do it.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders