Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ranking Clases By Tiers

I see a lot of people posting about looking for a ranking of classes in a numerical order, but maybe it's more accurate to list the classes by tiers. Considering there are basically 24 specs, you can essentially put 8 in each category of Top, Middle, and Lower. I'm curious where people would rate each spec.

Personally, it seems to me that at the moment the top tier specs would include Fire Mage, MM Hunter, Arms Warrior, Shadow Priest, Enhancement Shammy, Havoc DH, Sub Rogue, Assassin Rogue.

I could be totally off base, but does anyone care to put forth their opinion and make a chart for how they perceive the DPS or tank tiers for each spec?

You're going to need different rankings for dungeons, raids, and pvp.

There are some classes that have a stupid level of difference in what they're good at (see -- elemental shamans being nigh useless in raids but ridiculously good in dungeons)

Tanks:

Required: None
    Top Tier: Guardian, Protection Warrior, Protection Paladin
    Middle Tier: Brew Master
    Bottom Tier: DK, DH

Heals:
    Required: Holy Paladin
    Top Tier: Resto Shaman, Resto Druid
    Middle Tier: Holy Priest
    Bottom Tier: Mistweaver
    Weird Tier: Disc Priest

Couldn't rank DPS to be honest

(This is from the perspective of a healer... not a paladin either :P)
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Raxz View Post
    You're going to need different rankings for dungeons, raids, and pvp.

There are some classes that have a stupid level of difference in what they're good at (see -- elemental shamans being nigh useless in raids but ridiculously good in dungeons)
    things like target switching / burst aoe / sustain aoe /pure st / 2 target cleave / 3 target sustain / ext, are play important roles, its why u dont see x class toping every fight. Certain classes excel at certain things.
    Last edited by Sintea; 2016-11-23 at 12:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Tanks:

Heals:

I knew it... I'm a bottom tier bitch. Fuck now I need to go rethink my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanks:

Heals:

I want to roll a disc priest now just for Weird Tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I knew it... I'm a bottom tier bitch. Fuck now I need to go rethink my life.
    Noooo you're amazing.

Just as a resto druid, I can't deal with the pressure of the spiky-ness of DK/DH

I can't snap heal!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    I want to roll a disc priest now just for Weird Tier.
    Join my roommate in the weirdness
    – C.S. Lewis

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    For Raid DPS:
    Top tier: S. Priest, Fire Mage, MM Hunter, Assassin Rogue, Havoc, Arms Warrior.

For Pvp:
    Top Tier: WW Monk, Assassin Rogue, Sub Rogue, Havoc DH.

For healers I don't see a huge disparity between the specs, in fact, it's one of the rarest times I think the healing role is well balanced in terms of healing. Of course some healers have more utility or mobility than others. Actually the only one I think it's a little too OP, but that's in pvp, it's mistweavers, but in raid enviroments every healing spec has a spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Join my roommate in the weirdness
    Well this is already getting out of hand.....maybe.

strongly depends.

I'd usually rate Spriest, fire mage, mm hunter, warlock as a whole, and ret pally as top tier. most classes fall in the middle tie, very few specs are straight up unviable.

Noooo you're amazing.

Just as a resto druid, I can't deal with the pressure of the spiky-ness of DK/DH

I can't snap heal!!
    Have you tried to heal Demon Hunters with the Soul Barrier talent instead of Last Resort? It's a hell of a lot easier for the healer, and it's just a better talent for many things. Most DH tanks just follow a cookie cutter guide.

My tier list

MADNESS tier - Shadow Priest
    Top tier - Enhance, Assassination Rogue, Warlock
    "Deceptive" mid tier - MM hunter, Fire Mage
    Mid tier - Everything that I haven't or won't list
    "PROBABLY should get a buff" tier- Balance, BM hunters, Elemental shaman
    "Who cares?" tier - Survival hunter

This is only for raiding. Different list for M+

Aside from Frost, Unholy DK, Ele Shaman...what would you put on the bottom tier?

Quote Originally Posted by AleDangerous View Post
    For Raid DPS:
    Top tier: S. Priest, Fire Mage, MM Hunter, Assassin Rogue, Havoc, Arms Warrior.

For Pvp:
    Top Tier: WW Monk, Assassin Rogue, Sub Rogue, Havoc DH.
    Just wanted to point out Havoc is in a terrible spot for Arena PvP. They're ok for RBGs.

Here's my full ranking based on what I've been hearing/seen. I could be way off base though. This is a general ranking for raids/mythic+. What do you guys think should be moved around if anything?

Top Tier:
    Fire Mage, MM Hunter, Arms Warrior, Shadow Priest, Enhancement Shammy, Havoc DH, Sub Rogue, Assassin Rogue.

Middle Tier:
    Frost Mage, Demo Lock, Afflic Lock, Destro Lock, Ret, Feral Druid, Boomkin, Windwalker

Bottom Tier:
    Frost DK, UH DK, Ele Shaman, Outlaw Rogue, BM Hunter, Surv Hunter, Arcane Mage

Warriors, Priests, and Shamans are all really good right now. Next in line is Monks, Paladins, Druids, Warlocks, DKs, Mages, Rogues, and DHs. Hunters are the worst right now.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Hunters are the worst right now.
    5 hunters on the first two legit kills of the hardest encounter this addon. Worst. Kek

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prussian View Post
    Here's my full ranking based on what I've been hearing/seen. I could be way off base though. This is a general ranking for raids/mythic+. What do you guys think should be moved around if anything?

Top Tier:
    Fire Mage, MM Hunter, Arms Warrior, Shadow Priest, Enhancement Shammy, Havoc DH, Sub Rogue, Assassin Rogue.

Middle Tier:
    Frost Mage, Demo Lock, Afflic Lock, Destro Lock, Ret, Feral Druid, Boomkin, Windwalker

Bottom Tier:
    Frost DK, UH DK, Ele Shaman, Outlaw Rogue, BM Hunter, Surv Hunter, Arcane Mage
    I think fury warriors should be added.

Tanks:

Heals:

We're 7/7M without a holy pally. I think its hurt us but it hasn't been required yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    We're 7/7M without a holy pally. I think its hurt us but it hasn't been required yet.
    So, when tiering, the "Required tier" usually means that the group suffers without them. '

If you're familiar with Overwatch, Lucio is required for KotH. This doesn't mean you cannot win KotH without him, but a huge majority of successful compositions contain him.

Our raid also has no holy paladin, we had one for our Ursoc kill, but he had to step away. I took us 3 hours for our healers to figure out how to keep the tanks alive in that fight since we had 2 resto shamans and 2 resto druids.

It's doable without an holy paladin, but you definitely feel the hole they leave. You could, however, replaced a druid with a shaman or vice versa and not really notice.
    – C.S. Lewis