Exactly how good is a 880+ memento?

Just got a 880 memento from my m+ cache and its boosted my dps significantly from my previously equipped 880 paw. It also seems to scale with frost MUCH better, maybe because of frost has more Melee attacks involved in its rotation? My frost spec sims 16k higher than my unholy spec. This is a 24 trait 886 frost artifact compared to a 31 - 896 apocalypse and it has great relics. Just made me really realize how shitty unholy is right now. Rerolling frost full time as of today. 16k disaparity is HUGE.
    Last edited by 0verdose; 2016-11-23 at 03:36 AM.

Top 3-5 trinkets I THINK. Regardless, its a very very good trinket.

yeap one of top3 frost trinkets for sure... trying very hard to get one but i cant replace my 860 =/

15+ Year Old Account
    Soooo... You realise it's really good, you simmed that it's really good? So did you just make this thread to brag?

memento is on par with stat stick trinkets of the same ilvl. So it's nothing special. Just got lucky.

Most legion direct damage/heal trinkets suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    Soooo... You realise it's really good, you simmed that it's really good? So did you just make this thread to brag?
    Nah coming off as bragging wasn't intended. I just wanted to know if it's a better trinket for frost than it is unholy. I also couldn't believe that frost is so much better than unh is. 16k simmed dps difference and my frost weapon is so far behind my apoc. That's all man lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    Nah coming off as bragging wasn't intended. I just wanted to know if it's a better trinket for frost than it is unholy. I also couldn't believe that frost is so much better than unh is. 16k simmed dps difference and my frost weapon is so far behind my apoc. That's all man lol
    Even withotu the trinket Frost is alot better. I think UH and Frost is somewhat neck and neck IF you have bracers. Without the UH bracers, UH don't stand a chance in my experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Memento also have a pretty high proc chance when someone die near you, as a hidden feature that is not reflected in Sims. So its especially good in situations where people have a good chance to die near you like in high level M+ dungeons.
    Last edited by Cerunnir; 2016-11-23 at 09:54 AM.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Deleted
    Extremely good. In fact OP.

The thing is that, you need to make it proc, in the right time etc. But if you get the crit buff during pull or mastery during AoE, it makes huge difference(for UH that is). The rankings does not show the situational DPS.

It boosted me as well.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-11-23 at 11:22 AM.

How good is an 880 Memento? It's preeeeetty good...

/kripparian

Deleted
    Its probably one of the best trinkets you can get for patchwerk fights. But the random element of the short but high impact buffs can really screw you over on fights with mobility and target switching. I prefer stat-sticks for that reason, even if they sim a bit lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Even withotu the trinket Frost is alot better. I think UH and Frost is somewhat neck and neck IF you have bracers. Without the UH bracers, UH don't stand a chance in my experience.
    Then teach me how, since i do sheet ton more as UH than frost.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Eh, I'm the same way. i think we just gotta learn the spec a bit more m8. I understand the concept, I just lack execution. Getting better with KM tho.

I have that and a 875 faulty countermeasure. The only one in my guild who can beat my dps is our DH who has both his BiS legendaries. I only have the ERW ring and a very poor overall stat spread.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    That's what I thought at first, but now that I learned the rotation, took 10 mins my frost dk does More consistent dps per 5 mins then my unholy spec does, and my frost artifact is 10 lvls lower with shit relics. I'm gonna miss unholy, but there's no sense playing it rn. Gonna wait till 7.1.5, might even keep my loot spec to unholy for bracers chance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    memento is on par with stat stick trinkets of the same ilvl. So it's nothing special. Just got lucky.

Most legion direct damage/heal trinkets suck.
    This is one of the few decent trinkets. My 825 opten has muliprocs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    I thought the same...
    #firstworldproblems

Beats the "I have bracers and belt" threads lol
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual