Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Guardian Pushing Dps?

Hello, I'd like to ask which trinkets you'd think it's best for Aoe/cleaving for guardian druids atm... because I'll be running mostly M+ and wanna push the timers as hard as possible. I probably assume that 2 pure dps trinkets would signifficantly (not sure) nerf down my tankyness... But I'll test for myself as well and see. So could we make an elaborate list about that?
    Also what about talents and relics... I think I'd probably go for full thrash relics and talents not 100% sure yet. So, feel free to throw in some suggestion about that too.

aran's ruby + chronoshard (as chrono effects rppm of ruby) is the best dps combo for m+, hands down.

talents, bramble, lunar beam for low m+ /// r&t when things start to take awhile for your group to kill. relics, thrash relics are the best for dps.

source: 883 guardian from only m+

Don't ever take lunar beam.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    Don't ever take lunar beam.
    Why not? It's a nice extra heal with aoe dps, so unless you absolutely need the 6% damage reduction from 3 stacks of R&T, it's competitive, at least for lower M+.

And the previous poster explicitly suggested switching to R&T for higher M+.

Deleted
    Have to agree with Skovald and boz0, there is a lot of dungeons were stuff dies so fast, that it just isn't worth speccing R&T, and the CD of Lunar Beam works perfectly with the artifact weapon, which makes very large pulls very easy to handle once every 90 seconds.

Aran's Relaxing Ruby + chrono all the way.
    Got some 1.5m dps as guardian in maw +11 on some trash.
    Trash legendary and trash relic helps too.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Aran's Relaxing Ruby only procs off ranged spells or does procs from galactic guardian proc it ?

It procs from galactic guardian and brambles

Quote Originally Posted by GodKingSkovald View Post
    aran's ruby + chronoshard (as chrono effects rppm of ruby) is the best dps combo for m+, hands down.

talents, bramble, lunar beam for low m+ /// r&t when things start to take awhile for your group to kill. relics, thrash relics are the best for dps.

Thanks for this. I've only just started to realise how much damage guardian can put out with the right gear.

Can you possibly suggest what other trinkets would be good if you don't have those? I assume shock-baton is up there.

Bonus question: Any tips for those looking to push +10 and higher this week with the easier affixes on NA, Sang/OverF/Tyrannical? Guardian specifc or about which dungeons will be easier to do. cheers.

I'll have to try out Aran's + Chrono-Shard. I've been using an 860 Ruby and an 860 Shock Baton. Combined they make up about 20% of my damage. I've got an 860 chrono-shard in bags.

I'll also need test out Lunar beam. I've always just ran with R&T. Overall I do ~280-320K dps and 90K hps for our runs @ 878 ilvl.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    Don't ever take lunar beam, unless you're doing dungeons or m+dungeons
    I completely agree !

Sorry to derail the thread a bit, but which iLvl should I have to push a mythic+5 as Guardian? (Assume I know what I am doing)

Quote Originally Posted by Nakazanie View Post
    Sorry to derail the thread a bit, but which iLvl should I have to push a mythic+5 as Guardian? (Assume I know what I am doing)
    M+5 gives loot of 850 and 865 from the weekly chest. I imagine anywhere between these ilvls would be possible for completing the dungeon depending on a lot of factors. These factors being:
    - ilvl of other people in the party, you could get carried by good dps/healers and go in much much lower ilvl
    - the affixes on this week (sanguine on NA doesn't increase the damage you take if dealt with properly so would be easy)
    - which dungeon it is, how well you know the pulls and to use your cooldowns
    - what your goal for the dungeon is (finish, finish in time, or 3 chest)
    - if you are in dps or defensive gear/spec (tank gear will mean you can do higher but rely more on the dps to make time)

I think I would be comfortable doing an easy affix + known dungeon +5 in as low as 840 gear with other players around 850 if the goal was to finish in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakazanie View Post
    830. 10chars

Deleted
    Aran's Relaxing Ruby does some ridiculous damage even without the Nightbane chest item (seems to be 10-14% of my total usually), and I don't even have a Chrono Shard to run it with.

Also the neck+cloak combo from Karazhan for 10% increased damage after each boss kill is nice, and another notable item from there would be the necklace from Attumen which also does pretty nice damage (~5% of my total damage at ilvl 860)
    Last edited by mmoc4d2020beea; 2016-11-24 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodKingSkovald View Post

Ruby is amazing, could you please elaborate on how chronoshard effects the ruby procs?

Quote Originally Posted by irecu View Post
    -snip-
    I think I would be comfortable doing an easy affix + known dungeon +5 in as low as 840 gear with other players around 850 if the goal was to finish in time.
    Thanks for the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptik93 View Post
    Ruby is amazing, could you please elaborate on how chronoshard effects the ruby procs?
    RPPM scales with haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    It procs from galactic guardian and brambles
    So Brambles is the must-have talent when tanking with the Ruby trinket?

Deleted
    Brambles is usually what you want anyway, but moonfire will proc it often enough.